Wasps Petition.

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Wasps Petition.

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:From BBC

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young

"I wasn't surprised by the lack of protests, to be quite honest.

"One thing that has jumped out at me is how intelligent our supporters are.

wasps seem keen to really alienate people

Andy McGeady reported on Twitter that James Haskell, in post match comments, said: This is the best crowd we've had all season. Maybe we should say we're gonna move somewhere else, we'll get another crowd next week

They really have no clue - do they?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:From BBC

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young

"I wasn't surprised by the lack of protests, to be quite honest.

"One thing that has jumped out at me is how intelligent our supporters are.

wasps seem keen to really alienate people

Andy McGeady reported on Twitter that James Haskell, in post match comments, said: This is the best crowd we've had all season. Maybe we should say we're gonna move somewhere else, we'll get another crowd next week

They really have no clue - do they?
Nope
Seem to think bumper crowd was a show of support and not a farewell, watch season ticket sales fall off a cliff next year.
Cant see new fans in Coventry screaming a team on when theyre down
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Interesting article in Independent.co.uk claiming that Wasps were offered the use of a 15K stadium but Wasps were not interested in it because they would not own it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 89348.html

Also very interesting from a Leinster point of view:
Eastwood has spent the week explaining the decision, unapologetically after the fact. Richardson, who is said to dislike the limelight, has yet to present himself to the press; perhaps he will do so when Leinster, where his rugby heart is said to lie, visit Coventry in January. Even though Pro Wasps are taking on a £13.4m loan at the Ricoh Arena to add to their existing losses, and they will need to spend on training facilities, marketing and the playing squad, they are confident in their gamble.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

janeymac08 wrote:Interesting article in Independent.co.uk claiming that Wasps were offered the use of a 15K stadium but Wasps were not interested in it because they would not own it.

Eastwood has spent the week explaining the decision, unapologetically after the fact. Richardson, who is said to dislike the limelight, has yet to present himself to the press; perhaps he will do so when Leinster, where his rugby heart is said to lie, visit Coventry in January. Even though Pro Wasps are taking on a £13.4m loan at the Ricoh Arena to add to their existing losses, and they will need to spend on training facilities, marketing and the playing squad, they are confident in their gamble.
He's from Leinster, Why is that very interesting?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Peg Leg wrote:He's from Leinster, Why is that very interesting?
Because his heart is said to lie here....on it's side it's said!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Peg Leg wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:Interesting article in Independent.co.uk claiming that Wasps were offered the use of a 15K stadium but Wasps were not interested in it because they would not own it.

He's from Leinster, Why is that very interesting?
An indication that his only interest in Wasps is purely financial. Thats a new departure for rugby - most of the benefactors to date of English and French clubs have been supporters. A comparable example would be when the Irish lads owned Manchester United - they were not fans and were happy to flog it when the price was right.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

janeymac08 wrote: An indication that his only interest in Wasps is purely financial.
That's been a given for some time. Many in Wasps know in their heart of hearts that 'their' Club is no more. I think Nigel Wray would have had something to say about the Borehamstiff proposal, seeing it's midway between Saracens Training Ground at St Albans and Barnet Copthall.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Hornet wrote:
janeymac08 wrote: An indication that his only interest in Wasps is purely financial.
That's been a given for some time. Many in Wasps know in their heart of hearts that 'their' Club is no more. I think Nigel Wray would have had something to say about the Borehamstiff proposal, seeing it's midway between Saracens Training Ground at St Albans and Barnet Copthall.
Oh- are we effectively entering the world of oligarch franchise areas (empires) now???!!! Will his mate Craig be demanding the clearance of any non-progressive clubs from the southwest too??
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

artaneboy wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Oh- are we effectively entering the world of oligarch franchise areas (empires) now???!!! Will his mate Craig be demanding the clearance of any non-progressive clubs from the southwest too??
Craig seems hell bent on the global season too, probably to get South African sides in PRL competitions to increase TV rights
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

artaneboy wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Anything is possible.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Craig seems hell bent on the global season too, probably to get South African sides in PRL competitions to increase TV rights
SA sides in the NH is inevitable, even if its on their Currie Cup,it will happen.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cant see it myself, IRB, Sanzar, 6 n; too many big bodies against it