European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Post by simonokeeffe »

I reckon we get Joe to call up Marty Moore just to f*** with them

Theyve 5 forwards in the England squad but only one back
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:Whats the min capacity for qf?
Apparently Saracens are looking into increasing capacity to 15k.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:I reckon we get Joe to call up Marty Moore just to f*** with them

Theyve 5 forwards in the England squad but only one back
Yeah and leave him standing on the scrum machine for extra ballast too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

BT have secured exclusive rights to European rugby after this season

DCs prophecy coming true
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

simonokeeffe wrote:BT have secured exclusive rights to European rugby after this season

DCs prophecy coming true
So now what will Sky Sports do with Barnes, Greenwood, Quinnell, McGeechan, Fitzpatrick and Lynagh? And we'll have to listen to Dawson, Healey, BO'D, and a cast of other English spoofers.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:BT have secured exclusive rights to European rugby after this season

DCs prophecy coming true
So now what will Sky Sports do with Barnes, Greenwood, Quinnell, McGeechan, Fitzpatrick and Lynagh? And we'll have to listen to Dawson, Healey, BO'D, and a cast of other English spoofers.
But the bants quotient will be off the scale!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:

DCs prophecy coming true
But the bants quotient will be off the scale!
Quinnell will definitely jump ship

BOD aside BTs pundits are all English arent they?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Fours years of hearing that forwards are fat and shouldn't pass, and backs are small wimps. Can't wait!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

BT can't currently be gotten on Virgin. So presuming that RTE will show 2-3 live games at most per weekend, the Champions Cup have just lost themselves an enormous group of Irish fans.

Idiotically short sighted.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

wixfjord wrote:BT can't currently be gotten on Virgin. So presuming that RTE will show 2-3 live games at most per weekend, the Champions Cup have just lost themselves an enormous group of Irish fans.

They don't care about that. They're still after the broadband market in the UK so Irish fans get screwed.

I'm in the UK and I've found their service, customer service and pricing to be horrendous. It'll take a lot more than 6-9 games a season to coax me to go back.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Is the free to air package that's up for grabs for live games? Haven't seen any details but just assumed it was for highlights packages.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Is the free to air package that's up for grabs for live games? Haven't seen any details but just assumed it was for highlights packages.
They're looking at duplicating the french model, which had one game per round FTA
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

jimbobjoe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:BT can't currently be gotten on Virgin. So presuming that RTE will show 2-3 live games at most per weekend, the Champions Cup have just lost themselves an enormous group of Irish fans.

They don't care about that. They're still after the broadband market in the UK so Irish fans get screwed.

I'm in the UK and I've found their service, customer service and pricing to be horrendous. It'll take a lot more than 6-9 games a season to coax me to go back.
I second, third and fourth that. I was with them for a couple of years and they were brutal. No way I'm ever going back to them.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cant wait to see people wet the bed over those games being on tv3 not rte :)

Think the French had challenge cup on free tv and it got 10 or 12 times the viewing figures on BeIn

I left Virgin TV a few weeks ago and told them it was over not carrying BT, got the impression thats reasonably common so hopefully theyll unfudge themselves, they seem to be the best broadband provider so maybe not
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Is the free to air package that's up for grabs for live games? Haven't seen any details but just assumed it was for highlights packages.
They're looking at duplicating the french model, which had one game per round FTA
Thanks. It's better than nothing I suppose.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Do you boys not get BT Sports through Eir Sport ?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

rooster wrote:Do you boys not get BT Sports through Eir Sport ?
Yes, but EirSport is not available at all for Virgin Media customers in Ireland. In Dublin, at least, they'd have a pretty decent share of the tv and broadband business.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Virgin Media (if it is available in your area) is by far the best, fastest and best value broadband and phone package available. It is also the only major BB player not to use Eir landlines for delivery.

There are various wireless solutions available but nothing major that does not involve Virgin or an Eir landline.

Eir wanted to bump up charges to Virgin when they bought Setanta (Now Eir Sport) Virgin told them to shove it and removed the channels from their EPG completely. (Virgin used to bundle one of the Setanta channels with their basic package) Therefore Eir and BT Sports are not available on Virgin BB for any money.

Sky are probably the best tv provider however their broadband relies on an Eir landline like the rest.

Eir Sports and BT Sport are bundled free with Eir Broadband and you can actually pay for it on sky.

Not sure how you get it if you don't have Eir Broadband or Sky TV. You may not be able to.

Personally I will never have an Eir landline in my house for any reason. (Unless the only other option is they shoot my children)

I have Virgin phone and broadband and Sky TV. The TV part is very steep including multi room HD and Sports. It would be a pain in the swiss to have to fork out for Eir Sport on top as I don't watch any sport other than Rugby.

Will wait til the last minute and see what the options are.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

The offers on switching tv only to sky while keeping virgin broadband are pretty good.

Virgin gave me new customer rates on the broadband to keep that with them. Sky gave me half price sky sports for 6 months plus discount rate on tv. And I got a free 32 inch samsung tv
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:The offers on switching tv only to sky while keeping virgin broadband are pretty good.

Virgin gave me new customer rates on the broadband to keep that with them. Sky gave me half price sky sports for 6 months plus discount rate on tv. And I got a free 32 inch samsung tv
Rumplestilskin will come a knockin for that
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan