European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 1st, 2019, 11:02 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Maybe a correct call shouldn't impress me so much but I have to say I thought the penalty that cancelled out the Racing try at the lineout was a great call from the AR. Can't have been easy to go back a reasonably long time to an incident that the ref had missed (I think?) and torpedo the crazy celebrations that were going on.

+1
Also took real bottle in that atmosphere.
Ruckedtobits
Shane Horgan

Postby blockhead » April 2nd, 2019, 9:29 am

Saw this tweet from a Walesonline Jurno.
Andy Howell@andyhowellsportMar 30
Quickly examined some of Champions Cup quarter-final line-ups and there's no way Glasgow, Edinburgh or Munster should be better than Blues, Ospreys or Scarlets

Yet, in Munsters and Glasgow case, they almost always are, and for the entirety of celtic league history.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Shane Jennings

Postby desperado » April 2nd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, or missed some EPCR update; the talk about Penny being a potential for a Leinster Euro 23 is surely scuppered by the rule below:

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 14 March 2019. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.

Conan, Deegan, Doris, Fardy, Josh M, SOB and Ruddock will be the backrow pool to pull from v Toulouse. I'd say Deegan has a great shout. Will be interesting to see the composition of the backrow for the next 2 Pro14 games.
desperado
Mullet

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 3rd, 2019, 8:47 am

The juxtaposition of Dan Leavy's horrific injury coupled with the confirmation of Jack McGrath's departure to Ulster has ensured a strange sense of ennui among Leinster supporters.

There is little euphoria about advancing to a European Semi-final, even a home venue. There is no enthusiasm about our upcoming home games against Treviso and Glasgow in the Pro14. There is but a tiny sigh of relief that Robbie Henshaw and Dev Toner are returning after long injury absences.

The Leinster Management have normally had to quell the over-optimism of the fans at this stage of the Season. This time around, it's probable that their task will be to lift the spirits.

Injuries and departures are part of our sport but, this time around, the combination feels so unfair.
Ruckedtobits
Shane Horgan

Postby dropkick » April 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am

blockhead wrote:Saw this tweet from a Walesonline Jurno.
Andy Howell@andyhowellsportMar 30
Quickly examined some of Champions Cup quarter-final line-ups and there's no way Glasgow, Edinburgh or Munster should be better than Blues, Ospreys or Scarlets

Yet, in Munsters and Glasgow case, they almost always are, and for the entirety of celtic league history.

Sure they can put together a quality first choice 15 when all are fit but it's from 15 to 40 where the gap is.

The Welsh don't have the resources to have 4 strong squads which is why they were trying to have 2 strong squads and 2 development squads.

He only has to look at the pro14 tables to get a dose of reality.
dropkick
Mullet

Postby ronk » April 4th, 2019, 12:28 am

Ruckedtobits wrote:The juxtaposition of Dan Leavy's horrific injury coupled with the confirmation of Jack McGrath's departure to Ulster has ensured a strange sense of ennui among Leinster supporters.

There is little euphoria about advancing to a European Semi-final, even a home venue. There is no enthusiasm about our upcoming home games against Treviso and Glasgow in the Pro14. There is but a tiny sigh of relief that Robbie Henshaw and Dev Toner are returning after long injury absences.

The Leinster Management have normally had to quell the over-optimism of the fans at this stage of the Season. This time around, it's probable that their task will be to lift the spirits.

Injuries and departures are part of our sport but, this time around, the combination feels so unfair.

Why be excited about new players when there's a struggle to hold onto them before they've even established themselves.

There was a huge buzz about building squad strength but it's been taken away from us. We can't keep the best to ourselves anymore.

There's also a lot of doom coming from the 6N. There was a chance to get back into happy provincial times and this was really awful timing.
ronk
Rob Kearney

Postby tomthefan » January 11th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Today in commentaries
In the Clermont Ulster game, Nick Mullins and Andrew Trimble were quiet when the referee was speaking so that we could hear what he was saying, even to the extent to pausing when in the middle of a point.
In the Connacht Toulouse match, Hugh Cahill blathered on telling us the great things coming up on BT sport right through the referees decision on whether to issue a red or a yellow card.
I was dreading that the commentator would be the useless Ryle Nugent so I was initially happy it was Cahill but he is cr@p too.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Postby Logorrhea » January 11th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Previous

Return to General Rugby