European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Amz
Mullet

Re: European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Post by Amz »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Sky have intelligence and analysis and actually commentate on what's happening on the pitch, rather than their preconceived notions of how good the English teams are going to be against any opposition
So, I was the only one who had Mark Robson commentating for rugby today?
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Amz wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote: Sky have intelligence and analysis and actually commentate on what's happening on the pitch, rather than their preconceived notions of how good the English teams are going to be against any opposition
So, I was the only one who had Mark Robson commentating for rugby today?
I'd listen to Austin and Dawson 7 days a week, over that anti-Irish Catholic bigot, Robson.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Robson is a god. I love him. Not everything has to be about dry analysis. He adds a bit of colour.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
The Anathemata wrote
The standard of commentary on BT is fantastic. Flatman and Dawson are very good analysts, unlike most of the rubbish on SKY. Clermont and Sarries look like they are going to destroy Munster.
You must be joking. They sound like a bunch of guys standing at the bar with pints in hand. A constant stream of comments phrased as questions and almost no knowledge of the laws of the game. As for Healy - one of the most annoying gits ever to be involved in broadcast rugby.

Sky have intelligence and analysis and actually commentate on what's happening on the pitch, rather than their preconceived notions of how good the English teams are going to be against any opposition
Barnes..............intelligent????????? Dewi Morris..........?? Give me Dawson and Kay any day. Healey is just there to be controversial, sort of the Sun newspaper on the telly, ignore the prat, everyone in Leicester does.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Johnny got stuck in all over the place and had some great touches

Bath are probably the only team (surprisingly) out after today as that was the easiest away game in their pool
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
craigchalmers
Beginner

Post by craigchalmers »

johng wrote:Great that Glasgow HAMMERED Craig's mob. Pity Wray's mob got 4 tries v Clermont though.
I had the pleasure of having a pint with a major sponsor of Bath in Glasgow tonight. He wasn't too happy... :D

Didn't see that result coming, but I'll certainly take it :D Now, to the Mediterranean next week..

(Who, at present, has scored more points than any other team in the Champions Cup??)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

craigchalmers wrote:
johng wrote:Great that Glasgow HAMMERED Craig's mob. Pity Wray's mob got 4 tries v Clermont though.
I had the pleasure of having a pint with a major sponsor of Bath in Glasgow tonight. He wasn't too happy... :D

Didn't see that result coming, but I'll certainly take it :D Now, to the Mediterranean next week..

(Who, at present, has scored more points than any other team in the Champions Cup??)
Keep it going now though. Glasgow have had big one-offs in Europe in recent years but have never followed it up.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

That Glasgow result was a very pleasant surprise for me this morning. A great result for the Pro12 :D It's astonishing to think they are coached by the same Gregor Townsend who was in charge of one of the least effective backlines ever assembled when he was with Scotland.

TBF, he has done an excellent job with thw Warriors.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cianostays wrote:That Glasgow result was a very pleasant surprise for me this morning. A great result for the Pro12 :D It's astonishing to think they are coached by the same Gregor Townsend who was in charge of one of the least effective backlines ever assembled when he was with Scotland.

a few well placed foreigners go a long way

and not having Chunk or Ford in your team
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Cianostays wrote:That Glasgow result was a very pleasant surprise for me this morning. A great result for the Pro12 :D It's astonishing to think they are coached by the same Gregor Townsend who was in charge of one of the least effective backlines ever assembled when he was with Scotland.

a few well placed foreigners go a long way

and not having Chunk or Ford in your team

Yea no one really has an answer for that hence why most folk were massively sceptical about his appointment in the first place.

Much as I agree with the foreigners bit in fairness 14 out of the starting 15 were all Scottish (well Maitland's not but he is really).

Anyhoo good performance, good result but a long way to go yet. Let's see what Montpellier brings.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Go Toulouse. This is a good game so far.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Jeez, I thought Mermoz's post try celebration was a bit over the top. Must be the closet prude in me
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Good result for Saracens against Clermont, a surprise win, IMHO, for Leicester against Ulster and a win for Quins. But high flying Bath were thrashed, Sale, wasps and the saints also lost. Nice.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

blockhead wrote:Good result for Saracens against Clermont, a surprise win, IMHO, for Leicester against Ulster and a win for Quins. But high flying Bath were thrashed, Sale, wasps and the saints also lost. Nice.
George Pisi, Northampton 13 managed to intercept at the half way and then drop the ball out of his hands 10 meters from the line with no-one near him
http://www.epcrugby.com/matchdaytv?play=media&id=19429
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

His hammer went.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:His hammer went.
After the fact wasn't it?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You can see the expression on his face a few paces before he dropped the ball.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

meinster wrote:
Avenger wrote:This Sarries Clermont game is a cracker. Some quality finishing so far.
Sloppy enough as well. Both look a hell of a lot stronger than the best of Sale V Munster anyway :~
Munster seem to have the habit (good habit IMO) of doing just enough to win games in Europe. They didn't look great on Saturday but won. They'll need a better performance on Friday... everyone knows that but I wouldn't bet against it.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:You can see the expression on his face a few paces before he dropped the ball.
You're a very generous man. I can't quite see it - looked like he kicked himself when he fell.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

johng wrote:You can see the expression on his face a few paces before he dropped the ball.
Didn't know that - not as funny now
A closed mouth gathers no feet.