European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

kermischocolate
Mullet

Re: European Champions Cup [Most Improved]

Post by kermischocolate »

Hey any ideas when your home game against us will be? Looking to get booking.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

simonokeeffe wrote:Munster have Castres away first so we get a trolley load of French rugby cliches the opening weekend
Oh the red hordes will be assuredly storming the Castres citadel that weekend. Assuredly.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Updated per 22nd August press release:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/em ... ope/Dublin

,....edit for anyone using Outlook, this is how you import/sync with your Outlook calander......

https://support.office.com/en-ie/articl ... 02c5e77126
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Munster have Castres away first so we get a trolley load of French rugby cliches the opening weekend
Oh the red hordes will be assuredly storming the Castres citadel that weekend. Assuredly.
BUT WHICH FRENCH TEAM WILL SHOW UP???
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

kermischocolate wrote:Hey any ideas when your home game against us will be? Looking to get booking.
Sorry meant to respond sooner - the exact timings for rounds 5 & 6 are usually not announced until after round 4 is complete - obviously for the TV schedules but is a nightmare for planning trips.

The only positive is that there is direct flight options - you could book flights for Friday (say midday) and home late Sunday. While a Sunday game is not impossible here, I'd say it's the least likely. Usually French TV prefer the Sunday games. And there's no way they do a late Sunday game - so if you had a late flight you should be ok no matter what. But get your hotel booking in now

Not much help - sorry
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

The Doc wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:Hey any ideas when your home game against us will be? Looking to get booking.
Sorry meant to respond sooner - the exact timings for rounds 5 & 6 are usually not announced until after round 4 is complete - obviously for the TV schedules but is a nightmare for planning trips.

The only positive is that there is direct flight options - you could book flights for Friday (say midday) and home late Sunday. While a Sunday game is not impossible here, I'd say it's the least likely. Usually French TV prefer the Sunday games. And there's no way they do a late Sunday game - so if you had a late flight you should be ok no matter what. But get your hotel booking in now

Not much help - sorry
I know, just wondered if you guys usually preferred a certain time slot.

We're booked return flights for £30, the ballsbridge for £180 (although go's knows what the exchange rate will be in January!) Fri-sun. As long as it's not the Sunday graveyard slot all will be well.

Here's hoping there's something left to play for!

Thanks for the reply.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

kermischocolate wrote:
The Doc wrote:

Not much help - sorry
I know, just wondered if you guys usually preferred a certain time slot.

We're booked return flights for £30, the ballsbridge for £180 (although go's knows what the exchange rate will be in January!) Fri-sun. As long as it's not the Sunday graveyard slot all will be well.

Here's hoping there's something left to play for!

Thanks for the reply.
If Leinster have a choice - I would think Sunday is least favoured. One of the Saturday slots preferred - probably Friday night would be next choice.

But I assume it's more driven by TV scheduling - again with no French team you'd hope late Sunday is not on the cards
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
BUT WHICH FRENCH TEAM WILL SHOW UP???
I hope someone is already rounding up espoirs . . .
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just picked up a ticket for the final row 2 in the corner 70 euros not bad , accomodation in Bilbao is touch and go that weekend. Cheapest way to get there Friday evening was Dublin Barcelona / Barcelona Bilbao early Saturday morning less than 100 euros. If it's a Saracens v Toulon final can always visit the Guigenheim instead !.
Flying wedge
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

footrush wrote:Just picked up a ticket for the final row 2 in the corner 70 euros not bad , accomodation in Bilbao is touch and go that weekend. Cheapest way to get there Friday evening was Dublin Barcelona / Barcelona Bilbao early Saturday morning less than 100 euros. If it's a Saracens v Toulon final can always visit the Guigenheim instead !.
Or Donosti/San Sebastian!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Morf wrote:
footrush wrote:Just picked up a ticket for the final row 2 in the corner 70 euros not bad , accomodation in Bilbao is touch and go that weekend. Cheapest way to get there Friday evening was Dublin Barcelona / Barcelona Bilbao early Saturday morning less than 100 euros. If it's a Saracens v Toulon final can always visit the Guigenheim instead !.
Or Donosti/San Sebastian!
Yep also a beautiful part of the world !.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Flight back Santander Sun 13th May in the afternoon, direct to Dublin (Ryanair) seems a good option for the final.
Flying wedge
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Montpellier playing today against Stade in Paris and trying very hard in first half to play non-contact rugby with Francois Steyn at fly-half kicking everything down the middle of the park.

No Crudden or Picamoles or either starting prop so it looks like Cotter has focussed them for EPCR games.

Needless to say Pienaar is the key llayer and he directs their pack around the field totally. Sky commentator listed 12 Montpellier players as missing due to injury but I wonder how many will be injured next week.

Benjamin Fall certainly looks like a player we could attack but they do have a pair of huge wingers.

Isa (if fit) must definitely return for us on the wing. Can we afford Adam Byrne's defence or do we take the gamble that his attack gives us a greater benefit than his dodgy defence concedes?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Isa for left wing if he is back
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jack Nowell could be out for a bit with a facial.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Will let someone else google that

Wasps are in a tizzy over having a 5 day turn around before their trip to Ravenhill. Bit rich
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

simonokeeffe wrote:Will let someone else google that

Wasps are in a tizzy over having a 5 day turn around before their trip to Ravenhill. Bit rich
They can blame PRL and BT for their schedule, nothing to do with Ulster or the PRO14 :D
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

rooster wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Will let someone else google that

They can blame PRL and BT for their schedule, nothing to do with Ulster or the PRO14 :D
Is there no end to the capacity of English Clubs to moan and complain?
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote:Jack Nowell could be out for a bit with a facial.
4-8 weeks according to his coach.
Fractures around the cheekbone and eye socket.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Anyone see Toulouse this year? Their 9 is an absolute gem of a player.