Kimmage running down rugby..

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Kimmage running down rugby..

Post by paddyor »

Peg Leg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Look Peg Leg, I don't care how wrong you think it is, I'll continue to enjoy my oranges at half time and get that delicious hit of vitamin C. It makes me feel bulletproof and I don't care if that isn't sport to you!!
Ethics aside LRIP, it's unsightly to watch a grown man trying to stuff segments of orange up his arse on the sideline.
Yeah, but it's a pro sport now!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

paddyor wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Look Peg Leg, I don't care how wrong you think it is, I'll continue to enjoy my oranges at half time and get that delicious hit of vitamin C. It makes me feel bulletproof and I don't care if that isn't sport to you!!
Ethics aside LRIP, it's unsightly to watch a grown man trying to stuff segments of orange up his arse on the sideline.
Yeah, but it's a pro sport now!
That's not sport to me pal!!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'll never look at a Terry's chocolate orange the same way again.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'll never look at a Terry's chocolate orange the same way again.
Its not Terry....... It's Simon!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

The French rugby team of the 80s ran on amphetamines according to a new book

http://www.the42.ie/france-rugby-80s-dr ... 0-Feb2015/

“When I came out of the tunnel and I saw them, I looked into the eyes of many of the players as I walked past them, and their eyes did not say that they were going into a game against the All Blacks,” Wayne “Buck” Shelford told Radio New Zealand.

All Blacks scrotum victim suspected France on drugs

http://www.the42.ie/all-blacks-scrotum- ... 4-Feb2015/
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

“When I came out of the tunnel and I saw them, I looked into the eyes of many of the players as I walked past them, and their eyes did not say that they were going into a game against the All Blacks,” he told Radio New Zealand.
followed by
“I was knocked out cold, lost a few teeth and had a few stitches down below. It’s a game I still can’t remember… I don’t really want to, either,” he once said.
Waffle
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The phrase "bags of coke" used twice on Against the Head last night. Followed by a few chuckles.
This is typical of the casual relationship Irish rugby has with the use of PEDs.
Further proof that Kimmage is onto something.
Expect a whole page article very soon.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

BBC have found that Welsh amateur and semi pro players account for one third of all failed doping tests amongst British athletes
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Anecdotally I've heard that the biggest abusers of PEDs in Ireland are medium level sports players and amateur bodybuilders. Not professionals.

Not sure if I'm 100% convinced, I've had long conversations about the number of academy players on asthma inhalers, apparently that's a way to tick a few steroids off the resting list. Wasn't there a controversy about An Irish front row about 10 years ago when he forgot to tick the asthmatic box and tested positive for clen?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Anecdotally I've heard that the biggest abusers of PEDs in Ireland are medium level sports players and amateur bodybuilders. Not professionals.

Not sure if I'm 100% convinced, I've had long conversations about the number of academy players on asthma inhalers, apparently that's a way to tick a few steroids off the resting list. Wasn't there a controversy about An Irish front row about 10 years ago when he forgot to tick the asthmatic box and tested positive for clen?
twas Frankie Sheehan

competitive bodybuilding has more or less had to split itself into clean and unclean categories
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: I've had long conversations about the number of academy players on asthma inhalers, apparently that's a way to tick a few steroids off the resting list.
I assume you're not actually suggesting that Leinster Rugby are claiming our young players are asthmatic just so they can have them on steroids?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Mostly pub talk and conjecture, and I've not been interested enough to look up the stats tbh. It is an interesting philosophical conversation to have.

Unlike most (it seems) I think PED (ab)use is a question of legality not morality, so I tend not to get my knickers in a twist about it.

They are legal to use on prescription, and I believe only became controlled substances in the 1980s.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Xanthippe wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: I've had long conversations about the number of academy players on asthma inhalers, apparently that's a way to tick a few steroids off the resting list.
I assume you're not actually suggesting that Leinster Rugby are claiming our young players are asthmatic just so they can have them on steroids?
There was an interesting stat a few years back which questioned how professional sport had such a large amount of asthmatics registered in various sports taht only became detected when older and never a problem in their youth.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I could easily see how that would happen. I had a steroid inhaler when I was younger that gave me a "boost" before games. It's not like it fixed my asthma, just helped me for a couple of hours. I never renewed the prescription but now that I think of it there's no reason why I shouldn't have. My asthma has improved a bit but I do still have it so I reckon I could have been on one for the last 15 years or so without much further investigation into if I still needed it or not.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Is there ephedrine in some inhalers, I'd say that's on the banned list LRIP, regardless of being asthmatic. Been wrong before though.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just looked it up and it was Pulmicort that I was on. Not banned as an inhaler but banned through other means.

Google tells me it should improve asthma symptoms but that's not how my consultant painted it. I wasn't on a regular dose, it was just for when I'd play sport that I'd get the boost. It worked a treat anyway, would love to get it again.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Hey, can you get me some too and send it on

My address is:
17 Leafy Suburb,
The Capital,
Eire.

Cheers mate
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No worries, Lance.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Hey, can you get me some too and send it on

My address is:
17 Leafy Suburb,
The Capital,
Eire.

Cheers mate
no postcode, another Blackrock mafioso
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Postcodes, ahhhh I still remember with fondness when his excellency minister Eamonn Ryan was asked why we needed to spend so much money on a postcode system

Journo: Minister Ryan why do we need to spend so much money on a new post code thingy
His excellency Minister Eamonn Ryan the Magnificent: ehhhmmmmm... Well aren't you a little embarrassed when you're asked for a zip code when you're trying to buy something online... (beats a hasty retreat through a crowd of gobsmacked onlookers and eavesdroppers)
The watching/listening nation: did he really just say that out loud? Well I have to say it's a good job we have him holding the other shower to account...