EERC Cost Rise

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

EERC Cost Rise

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The decision to move the European Champions Cup Rugby to Switzerland doesn't look so bright now, except for those ERC staff who agreed to move over who have just received an effective pay rise of c. 20%.

The competitions' income is generated in Stg£ and Euro but they now have an expenditure base in Swiss Francs. Did anybody hedge that exposure? Maybe the Bath, Toulon or Saracens owners will pick up the tab?
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Re: EERC Cost Rise

Post by Edna Kenny »

I'm cashing in my Toblerones
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Your swatch watch just became a very expensive piece of arm candy.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The decision to move the European Champions Cup Rugby to Switzerland doesn't look so bright now, except for those ERC staff who agreed to move over who have just received an effective pay rise of c. 20%.

The competitions' income is generated in Stg£ and Euro but they now have an expenditure base in Swiss Francs. Did anybody hedge that exposure? Maybe the Bath, Toulon or Saracens owners will pick up the tab?
Never thought of that!
Perhaps the admin will cost extra (more in the region of 40% if you take the drop in € into it also), but if they can keep the money out of Switzerland (with it's silly currency rate & negative interest rate) it wouldn't be too bad.
I would be willing to offer the use of my current account for such an enterprise, of course I would charge a very minor fee- but that would be negligible in comparison to what they would lose in bringing the money the Switzerland.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Peg Leg wrote:Never thought of that!
Perhaps the admin will cost extra (more in the region of 40% if you take the drop in € into it also), but if they can keep the money out of Switzerland (with it's silly currency rate & negative interest rate) it wouldn't be too bad.
I would be willing to offer the use of my current account for such an enterprise, of course I would charge a very minor fee- but that would be negligible in comparison to what they could lose in bringing the money the Switzerland.
Fixed!
Otherwise it's false advertising
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The decision to move the European Champions Cup Rugby to Switzerland doesn't look so bright now, except for those ERC staff who agreed to move over who have just received an effective pay rise of c. 20%.

Have they anyone working over there or are the staff still in Dublin ?