Qtr finals

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Qtr finals

Post by Vamos los azules »

simonokeeffe wrote:will be brilliant if no PRL sides make the semis and theres at least one more heavy defeat tomorrow
Not really. The richest French clubs dominating is hardly good for rugby. It could easily be another Clermont-Toulon final.

That said, Clermont looked fairly lethal yesterday and I would like Rougerie to have the opportunity to lift the trophy before he retires.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Vamos los azules wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:will be brilliant if no PRL sides make the semis and theres at least one more heavy defeat tomorrow
Not really. The richest French clubs dominating is hardly good for rugby. It could easily be another Clermont-Toulon final.

That said, Clermont looked fairly lethal yesterday and I would like Rougerie to have the opportunity to lift the trophy before he retires.
Based on that display yesterday Id have them as favourites.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

They looked like us versus the same opposition last year, then guess what happened.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

If not Leinster; I'd also like Clermont to win - but historically sad to say, they are perennial chokers. Away from Stade Mickyman I wouldn't be putting the house on them. I cheered them on v Toulon in Lansdowne Road but I couldn't believe how easily they got mugged that day.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

clermont were a joy to watch yesterday against saints. i remember we pinched a semi final in the rds against clermont a few years back....their fans were brilliant. almost felt sorry for saints, they were demolished completely.

watching sarries against racing now. missed what happened sexton near the end of the first half...one of the sarries players eye gouge him?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Racing Metro should be leading in this game but they're not taking their chances.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Donny B. wrote:Racing Metro should be leading in this game but they're not taking their chances.
agreed. sarries scrum is getting pummelled....can't believe they are leading. hodgson missed 2 penalties in the first half too....

did you see what happened sexton mid way through the first half?
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

jayziz,,,how many chances are racing going to mess up.....another crossing offense a few metres from the line.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:missed what happened sexton near the end of the first half...one of the sarries players eye gouge him?
No - one of his own players :lol:

Think it was Machenaud, but it was definitely one of the Racing players and a total accident. Mighty painful I would imagine though.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Vamos los azules wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:missed what happened sexton near the end of the first half...one of the sarries players eye gouge him?

Think it was Machenaud, but it was definitely one of the Racing players and a total accident. Mighty painful I would imagine though.
thanks.
not a great game....hope the wasps game is better. racing should be out of sight by now
Vamos los azules
Mullet

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:

thanks.
not a great game....hope the wasps game is better. racing should be out of sight by now
Racing are showing their lack of experience in knockout rugby compared to Saracens. They might sneak it still though.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah Nigel. You didn't.....
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

true (lack of knockout experience). seriously naive to to try running the clock down within kicking distance of your own posts.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Oh Racing. What did you just do?
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

fair play to bosch for knocking that over....but wow. racing threw that away, big time.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

And it nearly happened only for those morons at Racing Metro to f**k it up.

Trying to pick and jam the match out in their own half? Beyond idiotic! :evil:
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Donny B. wrote:
And it nearly happened only for those morons at Racing Metro to f**k it up.

Trying to pick and jam the match out in their own half? Beyond idiotic! :evil:
agree completely. racing were very naive......

meanwhile...wasps are clawing their way back.....english teams are employing the rohypnol game plan......bore the opposition til they nod off...
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

so...marseille it is....valliant effort by wasps...toulon didnt like their quick ball game. here's hoping MOC was watching and noticed that every time wasps got the ball out wide toulon looked vulnerable....
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:

Ah would have been nice if for all the talk of the Irish having an unfair advantage but then still no PRL team comes near winning it

Alez les jeunes
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.