Connacht Rugby 2015 / 2016

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Connacht Rugby 2015 / 2016

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Well done to the Westies. Great progression this year, looking forward to facing them and hope that the Blues will respect what they have become and just beat them -home and away!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

shame they couldnt get BP

no tries in first half left that hard to do though

but the west is indeed awake
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Absolutely brilliant to see how connacht are going this season. There are playing a great brand of rugby, taking results at home and on the road.

Their squad is much stronger now than it's ever been, with real options in nearly every position.

Connacht will benefit from having very little disruption during the international windows, which will be a massive opportunity to take maximum points.

As of right now, it looks like one of the usual top 3 provinces may well be sitting out next seasons European cup. Which will be a massive achievement for Connacht and will help them grow.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

munster#1 wrote:Absolutely brilliant to see how connacht are going this season. There are playing a great brand of rugby, taking results at home and on the road.

Their squad is much stronger now than it's ever been, with real options in nearly every position.

Connacht will benefit from having very little disruption during the international windows, which will be a massive opportunity to take maximum points.

As of right now, it looks like one of the usual top 3 provinces may well be sitting out next seasons European cup. Which will be a massive achievement for Connacht and will help them grow.
Not necessarily, could easily get all 4 in the top 6 or 7 with Ospreys having an awful (injury and international call up) disrupted season, Edinburgh the potential fox in the hen house

Connacht have serious belief now and hopefully theyll capitalise on this run with their marketing & promotion, Galway are nowhere in terms of winning anything in GAA, theres plenty of students and workers in Galway that would be traditionally fans of other provinces but would be in to getting to see a match
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 81417.html

Summary:
Henshaw leaving Connacht at end of season.
Will stay in Ireland.
Scored 1 try for Connacht in the past year. :shock:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 81417.html

Summary:
Henshaw leaving Connacht at end of season.
Will stay in Ireland.
Scored 1 try for Connacht in the past year. :shock:
definitely the new BOD

interesting bit he wasnt upgraded to central deal as everyone though a year or so ago

he'll definitely stay in Ireland, IRFU will be firing a central deal at him with a bow on it, plus his dad id his agent along with an athletics agency so dont think therell be the usual brinksmanship

question is does he move to Leinster to guarantee champions cup rugby every year, work more closely with Ireland team mates, and fill in for us in a position of relative weakness
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:
definitely the new BOD
Don't think either Connacht or the IRFU see him as the new BOD, more like the new Darce - which could be fantastic if Ringrose is to fulfill his destiny and become the new BOD
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
definitely the new BOD
Don't think either Connacht or the IRFU see him as the new BOD, more like the new Darce - which could be fantastic if Ringrose is to fulfill his destiny and become the new BOD
meant he hadnt scored a try for a year despite being the bees knees
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
definitely the new BOD
meant he hadnt scored a try for a year despite being the bees knees
Ah okay - but still, can you just imagine him and Lukey or him and Ring-a-rosey together next season
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

*drools*
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: ...
Ah okay - but still, can you just imagine him and Lukey or him and Ring-a-rosey together next season
I'm afraid the only consistent partnership Lukey seems to have made is with the med staff, Henshaw and T'eo anyone?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Xanthippe wrote: ...
I'm afraid the only consistent partnership Lukey seems to have made is with the med staff, Henshaw and T'eo anyone?
thatll work

and one more year makes Teo Irish and then we have a worryingly high level of viable project players for Ireland
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Strange the Henshaw fuss is back when they are top of the league with a really good chance of play champions cup rugby next season.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

olaf the fat wrote:Strange the Henshaw fuss is back when they are top of the league with a really good chance of play champions cup rugby next season.
think missing out on it for this season was important, plu unless they go unbeaten he cant look at a contract offer in December/January and know they have it next season

if he does leave I hope they get Marshall
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:Strange the Henshaw fuss is back when they are top of the league with a really good chance of play champions cup rugby next season.
think missing out on it for this season was important, plu unless they go unbeaten he cant look at a contract offer in December/January and know they have it next season

Luke? Rumour he is retiring.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Luke? Rumour he is retiring.
Aye

Henshaw not in squad to face the Ruskis, is he injured or the IRFU just say we dont want him getting damaged in transit?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

simonokeeffe wrote: Aye

Henshaw not in squad to face the Ruskis, is he injured or the IRFU just say we dont want him getting damaged in transit?
A days travelling to a place that will have a high of -7c and a low of -20c plus a 7 hour time difference, would anyone want to go ?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rooster wrote:

A days travelling to a place that will have a high of -7c and a low of -20c plus a 7 hour time difference, would anyone want to go ?
You would if you were in the doping business.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
rooster wrote:

You would if you were in the doping business.
remember that batch of Ulster second rows, Matt Mutschin and someone else who got done for weed and yokes?

we wont mention Justin Harrison
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

rooster wrote:

12,000 mile round trip, 20,000 sellout. Who knew.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!