Munster 2015/2016

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: Munster 2015/2016

Post by All Blacks nil »

Pardon my ignorance
But what was the Corrigan case about
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Really can't see there being any law suit after this. Firstly johney would have to prove that the contents if the email that was leaked to the press was not true.

Then prove that the contents of the email was the sole reason that he was not offered a contract.

While on the topic of law suits, does anyone know how reggie corrigan's case against leinster went?
No he wouldn't. It's just an opinion, not gospel from the greatest coaching ticket in the history of the game, and even if it was it wouldn't matter. That's not how it works at all. For Damages all he would have to do is prove is that them being published affected him personally and or contributed to his career suffering. He went from being the captain of the emerging Ireland team in Georgia in June (having trained with the full squad) and came back to work in August to that.

Nice whataboutery. I'd imagine it'll be settled out of court like Tomas O'Learys. :D . That appears to have been settled with a new contract.
I see you raise your whataboutery (Corrigan) with my whataboutery (Oleary)

I'm sure this is the same imPoster that wanted TB dragged over hot coals last year for been photographed on a safari hunt. Probably all over Paddy Jackson for his choice of fancy dress as well.

The moral high ground most be nice this time of year.

The paddyor season is in full swing. Some might even call it trolling
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Really can't see there being any law suit after this. Firstly johney would have to prove that the contents if the email that was leaked to the press was not true.

Then prove that the contents of the email was the sole reason that he was not offered a contract.

While on the topic of law suits, does anyone know how reggie corrigan's case against leinster went?
No he wouldn't. It's just an opinion, not gospel from the greatest coaching ticket in the history of the game, and even if it was it wouldn't matter. That's not how it works at all. For Damages all he would have to do is prove is that them being published affected him personally and or contributed to his career suffering. He went from being the captain of the emerging Ireland team in Georgia in June (having trained with the full squad) and came back to work in August to that.

Nice whataboutery. I'd imagine it'll be settled out of court like Tomas O'Learys. :D . That appears to have been settled with a new contract.
Tbf the Tol law suit was a pretty serious incident, and I'm pretty sure any employee that sustains an injury of that type due to faulty equipment would be looking for compensation from their employer.

We will have to wait and see if johney tries to bring the irfu to court. But I seriously doubt it, for all you know he was the munster employee who leaked it to the press.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

All Blacks nil wrote:Pardon my ignorance
Reggie brought the Leinster branch to court for unfair dismissal after his contract was not renewed due to budget cuts at Leinster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

munster#1 wrote:

Tbf the Tol law suit was a pretty serious incident, and I'm pretty sure any employee that sustains an injury of that type due to faulty equipment would be looking for compensation from their employer.

We will have to wait and see if johney tries to bring the irfu to court. But I seriously doubt it, for all you know he was the munster employee who leaked it to the press.
Firstly your legal advice that Murphy would have to prove the contents were "not true" is almost right, except it's the exact opposite of the law. Munster could potentially argue that they were true, but they wouldn't because they aren't stupid. The second point isn't true either.

And way to go insinuating he was the source of a leak. What's the correct response to that? Maybe it was you? Maybe it was Darth Vader? What on earth were you thinking? Do you normally smear people at the drop of a hat?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All Blacks nil wrote:Pardon my ignorance
Unfair dismissal IIRC
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

is the TOL incident when the rubber band on a running sled type weight snapped and he sustained an eye injury?

thought that was on Ireland duty?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

He can't go after Munster for unfair dismissal because he was not dismissed.

He could conceiveably sue for damages but would have to be able to convince the court that the email contributed to him not getting a decent contract elsewhere. That would be fairly tough I'd say.

But anyway, nobody has a clue what offers were on the table from Munster or other clubs. Maybe he just decided to call it a day. Good luck to him anyway. Good solid and committed player.
We're all red on the inside.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Munster (v London Irish)

15. Andrew Conway
14. Stephen Fitzgerald
13. Francis Saili
12. Rory Scannell
11. Gerhard van den Heever
10. Bill Johnston only 18
9. Cathal Sheridan

1.John Ryan
2. Mike Sherry
3. Stephen Archer
4. John Madigan
5. Dave Foley
6. Dave O’Callaghan
7. Jordan Coghlan
8. CJ Stander Capt
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

simonokeeffe wrote:Munster (v London Irish)

15. Andrew Conway
14. Stephen Fitzgerald
13. Francis Saili
12. Rory Scannell
11. Gerhard van den Heever
10. Bill Johnston only 18
9. Cathal Sheridan

1.John Ryan
2. Mike Sherry
3. Stephen Archer
4. John Madigan
5. Dave Foley
6. Dave O’Callaghan
7. Jordan Coghlan
8. CJ Stander Capt

What am I missing? What's the relevance of the three bolded and underlined players?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Saili at 13 not 12
a schoolboy at outhalf
and a fastbowler/number 8 at openside, just to reignite the out and out seven debate
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

simonokeeffe wrote:Saili at 13 not 12
a schoolboy at outhalf
and a fastbowler/number 8 at openside, just to reignite the out and out seven debate
Saili is primarily a 13. Can play both but played OC in most of the clips/games I've seen.

With Dougall and ButIer leaving I suspected Coghlan would be tried at 7 and, this being his second start there, it seems I was right. Axel clearly sees the back row positions as farily interchangeable and he likes big flankers. Suspect JOD will play a bit there this season too.

Very interesting to see Johnston at OH. I don't get to see schools rugby so have no idea what he's like. Came on in at least one of our other pre-season games and he must be impressing in training.
We're all red on the inside.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Saili at 13 not 12
a schoolboy at outhalf
Saili can play both 12 and 13 and was signed because of that.

Coughlan has been seen as a 7 by Munster since his arrival, and given his size and speed he looks more like a 7 than an 8 to me.

Johnson is not a player that I would know much about, but there is a lot of positive noises around him at the moment. From what I have heard he is a good ball playing 10.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Saili was 12 in all the Blues stuff I saw this season but he definitely has skills for both, will be very interesting to see who is/becomes first choice centre pairing Hurley & Saili, TB & Saili or Saili & Earls

Hope it goes well for the young lad, 10 at Munster is a bit like 13 at Leinster in terms of pressure/expectation
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

John Madigan is another player to look out for, he is a seriously big unit, and has been impressive any time I've seen him play.
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

Saili got a nasty injury tonight. Knocked out, play suspended for over 10mins to allow medics care for him. He required oxygen and was stretchered off. Really hope the guy is okay.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I have heard that he had concussion. It looked really bad and the immobilisation protocols in particular make it look worse. He's in hospital but there is no reason right now to think of desperate scenarios.

On positive notes Conway seems to have played a stormer, Sherry back, and that guy Madigan mentioned above got good notices too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:I have heard that he had concussion. It looked really bad and the immobilisation protocols in particular make it look worse. He's in hospital but there is no reason right now to think of desperate scenarios.

On positive notes Conway seems to have played a stormer, Sherry back, and that guy Madigan mentioned above got good notices too.
Yeah hope hes ok

He tweeted himself sitting up and smiling in hospital, should be ok, usual return to play protocols
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

The season has even started and we've TOD out injured, Saili and Earls both get stretchered off in preseason games.

My heart can't take these injuries.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Munsterboy wrote:He can't go after Munster for unfair dismissal because he was not dismissed.

He could conceiveably sue for damages but would have to be able to convince the court that the email contributed to him not getting a decent contract elsewhere. That would be fairly tough I'd say.

But anyway, nobody has a clue what offers were on the table from Munster or other clubs. Maybe he just decided to call it a day. Good luck to him anyway. Good solid and committed player.
Constructive dismissal? I think it is basically when an employee resigns because of actions taken by the employer to deliberately make their position untenable. Not certain of this as it is not my area of the law but I think it is something like that.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am