Ulster 2015/16

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Ulster 2015/16

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:Is it worth pointing out that Thorn and Cullen played opposite sides?

But you know, some press person's spin is obviously more important than facts.
The irony of course is that I used to write a few of those pieces on the Leinster Rugby site that Munstersugar places so much store in :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:Was Thorn the 10th NIQ leinster brought in?

Will be interesting to see if Ulster are allowed bring in a joker. Theyre likely to face Munster in the playoffs
Good man Paddy change the cause and run again. Ha ha. Ulster hopefully make playoffs.
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Is it worth pointing out that Thorn and Cullen played opposite sides?

The irony of course is that I used to write a few of those pieces on the Leinster Rugby site that Munstersugar places so much store in :lol:
Was on various others. But well guess we will just agree to disagree. As Leinster feel they're victims and most outside say they get preferential treatment.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

MunsterSugar wrote:

As was obvious when they played together but hey as I say move posts as ye wish. Leinster are victims sure bailing us out.
So you agree it is obvious that Thorn was not an injury replacement for Cullen, who wasn't injured when the deal was agreed by the IRFU, as he was a replacement for Sykes who was actually back in South Africa at the time?

Because it really is obvious.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Will be interesting to see if Ulster are allowed bring in a joker. Theyre likely to face Munster in the playoffs
And you probably won't but who's the 10 NIQs on the books Paddy?

Simple question but maybe you will answer. Because regards Thorn issue I've learnt you can replace an NIQ with another.

For me:
Kleyn
Deysel (Signed as medical joker for Kleyn)
Taute
Saili
Marshall
Blenyendaal

Now I may be bad but I make that 6 with 1 out for season on books.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

fourthirtythree wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:

As was obvious when they played together but hey as I say move posts as ye wish. Leinster are victims sure bailing us out.
So you agree it is obvious that Thorn was not an injury replacement for Cullen, who wasn't injured when the deal was agreed by the IRFU, as he was a replacement for Sykes who was actually back in South Africa at the time?

Because it really is obvious.
Ok deal was done when Cullen was injured. But I agree it wasn't for Cullen injury alone. More my point ye will agree was Leinster got the help out to bring in a Thorn quality player when needed. As I said it was right call. But to say Munster are getting treatment others wouldn't get regards playing staff is wrong.

Equally I've never said Sykes was here when Thorn arrived.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Has there ever been a scenario where a province has had 10 foreign players in a squad over the course of the season?
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:Has there ever been a scenario where a province has had 10 foreign players in a squad over the course of the season?
Munster did few years ago when guys like Will Chambers came for 3 months. It's more common these days in terms of 3month deals etc being new thing
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:

Simple question but maybe you will answer. Because regards Thorn issue I've learnt you can replace an NIQ with another.

For me:
Kleyn
Taute
Saili
Marshall
Blenyendaal

Greisel and Chisholm are 2 more, go check the munster thread.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote:Has there ever been a scenario where a province has had 10 foreign players in a squad over the course of the season?
Munster 2016/17 is the only one i can thibk of
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:

For me:
Kleyn
Taute
Saili
Marshall
Blenyendaal

Greisel and Chisholm are 2 more, go check the munster thread.
Again Chisolm is on insurance contract. Griesel is on a Young Munster contract. And again Paddy you said 10.
So maybe you should go check it as I believe even if you add them 6+2=8.

You said 10. Also said your an accountant. I suppose that isn't going well if adding is an issue
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote: Greisel and Chisholm are 2 more, go check the munster thread.
Again Chisolm is on insurance contract. Griesel is on a Young Munster contract. And again Paddy you said 10.
No hes not. Chisholm int being paid by the insurance. If he was hed be back in oz with his feet up. And Greiesl is part of munsters squad.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote: Greisel and Chisholm are 2 more, go check the munster thread.
No hes not. Chisholm int being paid by the insurance. If he was hed be back in oz with his feet up. And Greiesl is part of munsters squad.
Oh but he is being paid by Insurance sir. Maybe you might check again. He can't play a game as he isn't cleared. Greisel was added to European squad but hasn't a contract with Munster. Just in as a spot filled. So again where is the 10.

I've 6. And I'll add 2 lads to give you some hope even though your wrong. But where the 10.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Munster did few years ago when guys like Will Chambers came for 3 months. It's more common these days in terms of 3month deals etc being new thing
So therefore 'to say Munster are getting treatment others wouldn't get regards playing staff' is untestable, we're not sure because there's never been that scenario.

But 'to say Munster are getting treatment others haven't gotten regards playing staff' is correct. Because there's never been a province with 10 foreign players in one season.

There ends the discussion really.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

By the way, the 10 are:
Deysel
Kleyn
Du Toit
Marshall
Te Aihe Toma
Griesel
Chisholm
Saili
Taute
Tyler
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
So therefore 'to say Munster are getting treatment others wouldn't get regards playing staff' is untestable, we're not sure because there's never been that scenario.

But 'to say Munster are getting treatment others haven't gotten regards playing staff' is correct. Because there's never been a province with 10 foreign players in one season.

There ends the discussion really.
As I said if ye think that Munster are getting treatment. Grand but your point says we will never know until another scenario happens.
There's no issue having 10 NIQs if they're replacing NIQs.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

MunsterSugar wrote: Oh but he is being paid by Insurance sir
No, he really isn't. Same shite munster fans were at when they signed Christian Cullan crocked, Insurance pays you to f%~k off, not to hang around
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

wixfjord wrote:By the way, the 10 are:
Deysel
Kleyn
Du Toit
Marshall
Te Aihe Toma
Griesel
Chisholm
Saili
Taute
Tyler
Again he said 10 are on books. Du Toit gone. Toma gone. Chisolm can't play. Griesel has Young Munster deal.

Taute replaced Saili. Then stayed covering 15.
Deysel replaced Kleyn who replaced Chisolm.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote: Oh but he is being paid by Insurance sir
No, he really isn't. Same shite munster fans were at when they signed Christian Cullan crocked, Insurance pays you to f%~k off, not to hang around
But he is Dave. So again ye can move argument to suit yourselves but do it for both. He wants to play on after this year and that's why insurance ain't telling him F Off. It's like if you have an accidentbat work insurance cover wages. So again sorry but that's that
Last edited by MunsterSugar on March 18th, 2017, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

MunsterSugar wrote: As I said if ye think that Munster are getting treatment. Grand but your point says we will never know until another scenario happens.
There's no issue having 10 NIQs if they're replacing NIQs.
I think it's objectively correct that Munster are currently getting treatment that no other province has ever received.
Whether it happens in the future or not we'll see, but as it stands, it's unchartered waters.

You're point is basically then that 'Munster aren't getting special treatment because this might happen again in the future'? Is that it?

As to your point about 'There's no issue having 10 NIQs if they're replacing NIQs.' Is that based on your own moral perception or are you saying that this is fine within IRFU regulations?