Ulster 2015/16

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Ulster 2015/16

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Again I'd like to distance myself from the comments I made about Ah You being a success. I think I was drunk.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I heard AhYou has been released from his Irish project player XV contract
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ICYMI
https://twitter.com/BBCWalesSport/statu ... 0418294784

Anyone have any idea exactly what he was trying to do?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Looks like he actually bought the dummy and it was just an awkward collision.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Again I'd like to distance myself from the comments I made about Ah You being a success. I think I was drunk.
He is a fantastic success at eating and collecting cards.
Ironically that was his best game for Ulster so far and probably the longest he has stayed on the pitch !
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

According to Midi Olympique, Ulster have signed Sean Dougall formerly of Munster. Good signing if true, esp given he's IQ. Always looked a handy player if lacking a little bit physically in some bigger games. Haven't seen him at all since he moved to Pau but he was regular for them.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Didn't he come through the Ulster Academy? Via Exiles.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Didn't he come through the Ulster Academy? Via Exiles.
2 years in their academy then left for Rotherham, didnt play any underage exiles stuff, good player but quite samey to whats there IMO
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Again I'd like to distance myself from the comments I made about Ah You being a success. I think I was drunk.
Happens to us all. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Cardiff continued playing like they had done against us and Ulster were lucky to get a home draw 24-24. Olding, Jackson and Payne looking good but Henderson, Best and Pienaar looked end of season.

Tactically, Ulster were second best and Cardiff, who lost three players to injury in first half including Warburton, will feel they left two points behind.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Cardiff continued playing like they had done against us and Ulster were lucky to get a home draw 24-24. Olding, Jackson and Payne looking good but Henderson, Best and Pienaar looked end of season.

Tactically, Ulster were second best and Cardiff, who lost three players to injury in first half including Warburton, will feel they left two points behind.
its like theyre trying to poop the bed, theyve blown their chances of making playoffs now, not sure if theres also knock on effect of European seedings
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Couldn't believe how poor Ulster's midfield defence was. Olding was good going forward and Marshall had some good moments but defensively they were all over the place. Don't know why Kiss didn't move Payne into midfield and move Olding back.

Thought Henderson was poor/quiet. He missed one tackle really badly and just seemed off the pace to me, typified by him knocking on after Pienaar had blocked a Cutherbert clearance and Ulster had a great chance to attack.

Stockdale looked really threatening when he came on, looking forward to seeing more of him.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Cardiff continued playing like they had done against us and Ulster were lucky to get a home draw 24-24. Olding, Jackson and Payne looking good but Henderson, Best and Pienaar looked end of season.

its like theyre trying to poop the bed, theyve blown their chances of making playoffs now, not sure if theres also knock on effect of European seedings
I feel like Ulster just have no belief in themselves. Some poor results and the coaching changes have almost made them give up when they're still in the mix.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

think youre right

BBC have highlights up, Olding should be sent to a CIA black site for his missed tackle for Cardiffs last try
Ulster pack seem a bit slow in general too
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Couldn't believe how poor Ulster's midfield defence was. Olding was good going forward and Marshall had some good moments but defensively they were all over the place. Don't know why Kiss didn't move Payne into midfield and move Olding back.

Thought Henderson was poor/quiet. He missed one tackle really badly and just seemed off the pace to me, typified by him knocking on after Pienaar had blocked a Cutherbert clearance and Ulster had a great chance to attack.

Stockdale looked really threatening when he came on, looking forward to seeing more of him.
I could have told you before the match even started that Cardiff would run through the centre all evening, Olding, Marshall and McCloskey should never be used in any combination in the midfield, no more than one of them on the pitch in any match and it has been proved all season.
Stockdale is by far the best young centre/ winger we have and he gets far too few starts and I have no idea why, he currently is equal top try scorer in the PRO12.

As an aside I still think Kiss is an average to poor Coach
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Playoffs look a step too far for us now as to get past Scarlets we need 1 more match point than they do out of the last few games and I struggle to see where we will get it.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

rooster wrote:Playoffs look a step too far for us now as to get past Scarlets we need 1 more match point than they do out of the last few games and I struggle to see where we will get it.
Sign some Saffer backrow to replace the one that's crocked?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

What's up with Ulster's inability to produce any top notch forwards this last decade? Iain Henderson apart obviously. Is it just down to a lack of local talent or does the issue go much deeper?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

paddyor wrote:
rooster wrote:Playoffs look a step too far for us now as to get past Scarlets we need 1 more match point than they do out of the last few games and I struggle to see where we will get it.
Sign some Saffer backrow to replace the one that's crocked?
They were turned down on that at the start of the season so why would it happen now with only a few games left ?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

cormac wrote:What's up with Ulster's inability to produce any top notch forwards this last decade? Iain Henderson apart obviously. Is it just down to a lack of local talent or does the issue go much deeper?
Lack of talent and a schools system that does not in general create skilled players, we keep hearing of promising young guys but they never seem to get into the system