European Cup Rule Change 15/16

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: European Cup Rule Change 15/16

Post by Vamos los azules »

kermischocolate wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
That said, Toulouse have been an embarrassment.
In the circumstances it might have been fairer to postpone all games which included a French team - their heads and hearts couldn't have been in the games.
Couldn't agree more.
Sky sports said that the French teams playing away had all been given the choice if they wanted to postpone or play and they opted to play.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I don't really buy that tbh. It's not like it was in Toulouse and it sounded like none of the players were affected personally. Plus it was last night, not like it was ongoing and there was uncertainty around their homes or people they knew with bits of news filtering through.
think youre being harsh, they would have played in Paris how many times, some have to have family there, friends, colleagues etc
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I don't really buy that tbh. It's not like it was in Toulouse and it sounded like none of the players were affected personally. Plus it was last night, not like it was ongoing and there was uncertainty around their homes or people they knew with bits of news filtering through.
think youre being harsh, they would have played in Paris how many times, some have to have family there, friends, colleagues etc
They were picking fights like drunks. Hard to believe there was no underlying shock/sadness.

As far as France are concerned the entire nation is under threat.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They may do but doesn't sound like they knew anyone affected. I know it sounds callous but I think it's a stretch to expect everyone in France to have been deeply affected.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:They may do but doesn't sound like they knew anyone affected. I know it sounds callous but I think it's a stretch to expect everyone in France to have been deeply affected.
Without trying to sound condescending I think you're painting yourself into a corner. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and put yourself in their shoes.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:They may do but doesn't sound like they knew anyone affected. I know it sounds callous but I think it's a stretch to expect everyone in France to have been deeply affected.
Deeply no, I'd agree. But put in a similar position I would probably be angry. Really angry and probably a small bit racist for a period. Not a healthy disposition but an instinctive one I'd suggest.
That said, I doubt leinster were deeply affected (possibly J10 aside) so Toulouse were likely just pants and they were. Some absolutely woeful passing, with a special mention for the phase after the second half restart.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

I'd agree. I'd also also suggest that the type of personality it takes to get to the top in professional sport is more likely to be detached from such events so it may well have had no impact on some of the players, particularly the non French ones with no connection to Paris.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

no one on the Toulouse team had international or former club team mates there?
Dusatoir is the French captain sure
also theyre French men, most of them probably halve half of their mistresses in Paris
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm sure they did, just like I have friends there, but thankfully none of them were caught up in it all. Once you find that out and the whole thing calms down, I don't think it's unreasonable to say they'd have been okay to play the next day.

Sorry, I shouldn't have gotten into this. It's not good to be arguing over it in the circumstances and people will think I'm saying that nobody should be upset when that's not the case at all.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm sure they did, just like I have friends there, but thankfully none of them were caught up in it all. Once you find that out and the whole thing calms down, I don't think it's unreasonable to say they'd have been okay to play the next day.

Sorry, I shouldn't have gotten into this. It's not good to be arguing over it in the circumstances and people will think I'm saying that nobody should be upset when that's not the case at all.
ah its a difference of opinion

not like you said Madigan was pants or Blackrock dont run the world banking system
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

looking now like Munster only pro12 team left in Europe