Refereeing

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Refereeing

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Dexter wrote:I thought the union of the away team was supposed to supply the ref, when there isn't a neutral one?
Lot of calls on refs at the moment, the 6 Nations, Super Rugby, Pro12, GP, T14, ENC and ARC were all active at the weekend (with Brazil beating US Eagles!) - competitions will take refs where they can find them.
but again Nigel Owens is a TJ

to be conspiratorial as well as tangenital has he angered the IRB or some referees manger at 6n or higher level?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Connacht Rugby 2015 / 2016

Post by limecat »

simonokeeffe wrote:to be conspiratorial as well as tangenital has he angered the IRB or some referees manger at 6n or higher level?
Think that I read that the intention is to give other refs experience at a higher level, instead of always using Nigel for the big matches.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

simonokeeffe wrote:
but again Nigel Owens is a TJ

to be conspiratorial as well as tangenital has he angered the IRB or some referees manger at 6n or higher level?
Nah, WR stated before the tournament that they and Nigel had agreed to reduce his refereeing involvement in order to develop other referees. Joel Jutge steps down as Refs Boss at the end of the season - is Nigel perhaps earmarked as his replacement and they're trying to reduce their reliance on him for marquee matches? Not sure, personally I think he'll actually succeed Jutges successor
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

limecat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:to be conspiratorial as well as tangenital has he angered the IRB or some referees manger at 6n or higher level?
Think that I read that the intention is to give other refs experience at a higher level, instead of always using Nigel for the big matches.
Nigel Owens is 'the good room' of referees now

This might need to be moved to 6n other teams thread so sorry for making work

Of 6n refs/matches

Barnes 1
Clancy 1
JP Doyle 1
Garces 1
Gardner 1
Gauzere 1
Joubert 1
Lacey 1

Jackson 2
Peyper 2
Poite 2

Aside from Jackson who is being fast tracked anyway, Doyle is the only ref in the list that is not vastly experienced already, but maybe theyre just trying to spread it around in general
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon