Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by Peg Leg »

And you're privy to the cc roll call?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Schmidt doesn't sign contracts and he's been using Ryan.

Age might be a factor in a central contract but until it's s confirmed we probably won't know.

Losing front like internationals to overseas isn't easy. Sexton was lost more through bad negotiation than price fundamentals.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Ryan leaving will probably result in yet another South African signing. It's deeply frustrating that Munster are potentially turning into another Saracens.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

This one goes up to eleven!
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

Peg Leg wrote:And you're privy to the cc roll call?
*** Edited by Mod ***
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Cor. Ind. wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:And you're privy to the cc roll call?
*** Edited by Mod ***
:lol: :lol:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

johng wrote:This one goes up to eleven!
:lol:
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

So thoughts turn to Europe, where Munster are getting set to play in front of another sell out crowd in Thomond Park.

These days are special days in Munster, and this competition is what made Munster into many rugby fans second team.

Munster will be without the services of Keatly, Kleyn, and Saili from the 23, which is a big hit, especially when it comes to Kleyn, who has added some much needed grunt of late.
Munster will have a serious fight on their hands to progress to the semi final, playing against European royalty, who are not coming over just to make up the numbers.

Hopefully Munster will be able to reintroduce their Irish internationals without too much disruption.

My prediction:
I really can not call this one.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

munster#1 wrote:So thoughts turn to Europe, where Munster are getting set to play in front of another sell out crowd in Thomond Park.

These days are special days in Munster, and this competition is what made Munster into many rugby fans second team.

Munster will be without the services of Keatly, Kleyn, and Saili from the 23, which is a big hit, especially when it comes to Kleyn, who has added some much needed grunt of late.
Munster will have a serious fight on their hands to progress to the semi final, playing against European royalty, who are not coming over just to make up the numbers.

Hopefully Munster will be able to reintroduce their Irish internationals without too much disruption.

My prediction:
Playing v a Toulouse side sitting in 10th in T14...home win by at least 10
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

neill_m wrote:
munster#1 wrote:So thoughts turn to Europe, where Munster are getting set to play in front of another sell out crowd in Thomond Park.

My prediction:
Playing v a Toulouse side sitting in 10th in T14...home win by at least 10
I hope you are right, and I appreciate your evaluation of how good Munster are at present.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

My prediction:
9 out of 10 for underdogging.

Your pack and defense is a good bit above anything they've faced in this competition so far. I'm expecting something similar to the hammering dished out to Toulouse in the last game at Thomond.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Bookies agree Munster 1-4 and points spread is 8. I think they'll win by more.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

We'll with all this Ryan talk on hold, I am really looking forward to the weekend.

Munster will yet again be playing infront of a sell out crowd, and yet again the capacity is expanded to fit more in.

There is a real buzz around the place, with the scramble for tickets, people calling in every favour just to witness their team playing in a European knock out game.

Hopefully following the game we will be celebrating in the local pubs and clubs, and being brought back to the glory days of old when Irish teams were the leaders of European rugby.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Sure you'll win. Enjoy the weekend.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Timbit wrote:Anyway....big game this weekend. Looking forward to it. Interesting to see how our new second row settles in, he's a big unit of a man but won't have had much time with the lads, what an occasion to be tested in!
Apart from that team looks strong, hopefully Murray comes through and it would be great to see JOD getting to the bench as well. A quarter final in Thomond is a great place to be and not where I thought we would be at this point in the season at all at all.

On a side note, anyone willing to call Sarries/Glasgae? Sarries on paper but Glasgow are going to be fired up for this...if Glasgow win they have to switch to overall favourites I would have thought.
Apologies, but who is this new big unit of which you speak - would you have a brief pen picture, how he's rated etc?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Timbit wrote:Anyway....big game this weekend. Looking forward to it. Interesting to see how our new second row settles in, he's a big unit of a man but won't have had much time with the lads, what an occasion to be tested in!
Apart from that team looks strong, hopefully Murray comes through and it would be great to see JOD getting to the bench as well. A quarter final in Thomond is a great place to be and not where I thought we would be at this point in the season at all at all.

On a side note, anyone willing to call Sarries/Glasgae? Sarries on paper but Glasgow are going to be fired up for this...if Glasgow win they have to switch to overall favourites I would have thought.
Sarries by 20
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Timbit wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Apologies, but who is this new big unit of which you speak - would you have a brief pen picture, how he's rated etc?
Deysl, SA second row bought in on short term injury cover for Kleyn (I know, let the games begin). There's a possibly NSFW shot of him in this article. http://threeredkings.com/one-chance-one-shot/. Don't know much about him but his SA profile is here.http://www.sarugby.co.za/playerprofile. ... lview=true. By all accounts though he's a big lump of a lad and a carrying threat. 3RK on their podcast seemed to reckon he'll be used to bludgeon in the quarter finals.
I really don't understand Deysel being brought in for Kleyn. He's 6'3 and 112kg, hardly second row material?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Timbit wrote:
wixfjord wrote: I really don't understand Deysel being brought in for Kleyn. He's 6'3 and 112kg, hardly second row material?
I guess you grab the best that's available when you need it. Same weight as Hendo although 3 inches shorter. He's the same height as Peter O'Mahoney though. He'll certainly do a job for the quarters and we'll see from there. Between injuries, development and talent we're a bit light in the 2nd row again. We might have to get Nagle back!
True, he's actually very similar to Rhys Ruddock in height and weight. He'll be fine for Toulouse and will actually suit that game, but Sarries in the SF would be a very different kettle of fish.
Presumably Rassie is relying on POM to do a lot of the offensive and defensive lineout work.
With Holland and Ryan bolted on, Deysel also gives some bench impact as either a 2nd or back row.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Munster A: David Johnston; Dan Goggin, Sam Arnold, Cian Bohane – capt., Alex Wootton; Bill Johnston, John Poland; Peter McCabe, Kevin O’Byrne, Brian Scott; John Madigan, Darren O’Shea; Sean O’Connor, Conor Oliver, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Duncan Casey, Liam O’Connor, Rory Burke, Mark Chisholm, Gavin Coombes, Jack Stafford, Stephen Fitzgerald.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles