Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by deco »

I'm just surprised they didn't sign a medical joker for Conor Murray
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I think people missed the sarcasm about them getting a replacement
Whoosh does not do it justice.
I saw no one asking whether they would get a replacement. Apart from Ronk asking whether it was ok to discuss it. (Which I presume was what you are calling sarcasm)

Then again I saw nothing that would make people leave the forum either. How can Munster people who come on to a Leinster forum to banter be so upset at so little?

I have rarely read their forum never mind posted on it. If I did I would not expect everyone to tell me how great I am.

I support Munster when they are not playing us. I am happy to have them on here as I am for fans of any team we play. Yes there are people on here who take it a bit far in terms of their Munsterbating, Is that not to be expected though? Has anyone ever read the Alternative Ulster forum?

I also agree that the trolling of both sides can be tiresome, but again what do you expect? One man's banter is another's bullying etc.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They were WUMs and nobody should have commented on them leaving, that's what they wanted. I deliberately ignored them and lo and behold saw they had been online after my comment. Good riddance, need to weed out the rest now.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:I think people missed the sarcasm about them getting a replacement
Whoosh does not do it justice.
I saw no one asking whether they would get a replacement. Apart from Ronk asking whether it was ok to discuss it. (Which I presume was what you are calling sarcasm)

Then again I saw nothing that would make people leave the forum either. How can Munster people who come on to a Leinster forum to banter be so upset at so little?

I have rarely read their forum never mind posted on it. If I did I would not expect everyone to tell me how great I am.

I support Munster when they are not playing us. I am happy to have them on here as I am for fans of any team we play. Yes there are people on here who take it a bit far in terms of their Munsterbating, Is that not to be expected though? Has anyone ever read the Alternative Ulster forum?

I also agree that the trolling of both sides can be tiresome, but again what do you expect? One man's banter is another's bullying etc.
Yes that's what I took for sarcasm. And I'd agree with that post entirely.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ah Ronk was being sarcastic IMO about them getting a joker with 2 regular season games remaining, then a few people said they wont get a replacement

For more corporeal matters for their trip to Treviso theyre missing their front row, TOD, POM, Deysel, Conway, probably Murray and Copeland, with Scannell the younger going through RTP
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There's a certain small section of Munster support that I've never seen as animated and upset over an issue, and I'm really only seeing this in retrospect.

I understand now, it wasn't a little thing. It was a closely held belief that was core to their vision of their support and in this instance it was demonstrably and obviously false.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I suppose it depends on whether they care about winning this match. They have players, some they should be careful with. Some are fresh but at a lower level
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ronk wrote:I suppose it depends on whether they care about winning this match. They have players, some they should be careful with. Some are fresh but at a lower level
They should just for momentum in the league/keepings heads up
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Madigan the 2nd row being let go at the end of the season. Chisholm also on the way out (actually retiring). Rumour on planet rugby that Ryan is definitly gone too and they''re going to look for an NIQ lock.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:They were WUMs and nobody should have commented on them leaving, that's what they wanted. I deliberately ignored them and lo and behold saw they had been online after my comment. Good riddance, need to weed out the rest now.
They'll be back.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I dont think they should be allowed an NIQ one, have one already and theres a reasonable amount of IQ locks to be had. Plus DOC2 could be converted. And not like theyll be losing any locks to Ireland squads for 2 years
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

simonokeeffe wrote:I dont think they should be allowed an NIQ one, have one already and theres a reasonable amount of IQ locks to be had. Plus DOC2 could be converted. And not like theyll be losing any locks to Ireland squads for 2 years
The IRFU might be tempted to allow them another project player, even if it would go outside their own guidelines.

Who's out there that's IQ? Beirne, Flanno and Denton are the ones I can think of
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

DIllane and Aki, I'm tellin' yis!
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Definitely agree about Dillane (and I'm sure Munster would like both) but there's something about Aki that makes me think his time here will end in disaster. I don't see him playing for Munster and struggle to see him playing much for Ireland. Just a gut feeling but I reckon the more Connacht struggle the more he'll lose the head.

Maybe the carrot of playing for Ireland will prevent that but I just don't think he cares about putting on an Ireland jersey tbh.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

paddyor wrote:Madigan the 2nd row being let go at the end of the season. Chisholm also on the way out (actually retiring). Rumour on planet rugby that Ryan is definitly gone too and they''re going to look for an NIQ lock.
Suppose they shouldn't have moved Foley on either.

Their depth at lock isn't even that bad. Holland, Kleyn, O'Shea, McCarthy with DOC2 and Copeland able to help out. Better than what we have at tighthead, though we should probably sign a backup there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

leinsterforever wrote:
The IRFU might be tempted to allow them another project player, even if it would go outside their own guidelines.
In 2 weeks time project players will have to wait 5 years to qualify. Same day ad the draw for the world cup pools. Anyone signing after that will have to wait until 2022.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:
In 2 weeks time project players will have to wait 5 years to qualify. Same day ad the draw for the world cup pools. Anyone signing after that will have to wait until 2022.
Is that for certain? AFAIK they need 75% to get it past and it's not clear that they have that.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

johng wrote:In 2 weeks time project players will have to wait 5 years to qualify. Same day ad the draw for the world cup pools. Anyone signing after that will have to wait until 2022.

Get 'em while they're hot! It's what Nucifora is for. Or something.

Might not be a popular opinion here but I can see circumstances where Fardy plays six for us next year...
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:
johng wrote:In 2 weeks time project players will have to wait 5 years to qualify. Same day ad the draw for the world cup pools. Anyone signing after that will have to wait until 2022.

Get 'em while they're hot! It's what Nucifora is for. Or something.

Might not be a popular opinion here but I can see circumstances where Fardy plays six for us next year...
I would be pretty pissed if he was selected to start there. Woulndt mind as much if he shifted during a match. We have a lot of depth there.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:They were WUMs and nobody should have commented on them leaving, that's what they wanted. I deliberately ignored them and lo and behold saw they had been online after my comment. Good riddance, need to weed out the rest now.
They were wums but they brought valid opinions in many cases. Unfortunately some on here are too easy to wind up and don't know when to wind down again. And f%~k you buddy, I'll comment where I see fit. [Friendly dig to the arm]

That said I don't understand why anyone would visit an opposition club fan forum just to trash talk the club. But then again I wasn't "born into rugby".
Daniel Sullivan