Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by paddyor »

It was a good start but the quality of the play has gone down hill.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Murray really missed so far. Neither Bleyendaal or Williams having great games.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Worrying for Munster. Way too one dimensional, slow ruck ball. Saracens also butchered a try.
Big improvement needed in second half.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

13-3 to Saracens
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Bleyendaal having a mare.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

This always seems to happen when Irish sides are lined up in opposite semi finals
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

16-3. Scrum penalty
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

paddyor wrote:Bleyendaal having a mare.
Fully agree, awful game.
Tactics are dreadful, they know how saracans play, yet have shown zero ingenuity, its awful, predictable one out carries. I thought CJ seemed to be limping in the first half, he's not having much of an impact.
Difference in quality at halfbacks is huge.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Poite letting Saracens be offside the entire time isnt exactly helping but both shots at goal (and dropgoal attempt) were the wrong calls at the wrong times
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:Poite letting Saracens be offside the entire time isnt exactly helping but both shots at goal (and dropgoal attempt) were the wrong calls at the wrong times
Ah would ye stop. Their halves have been dire.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

23-3. Keatley on fog Bleyendaal.

POM concussed.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ronk wrote:This always seems to happen when Irish sides are lined up in opposite semi finals
Like when Ulster played Embra in Lansdowne road in 12 and we played Clermont in bordeaux? :)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Poite letting Saracens be offside the entire time isnt exactly helping but both shots at goal (and dropgoal attempt) were the wrong calls at the wrong times
Ah would ye stop. Their halves have been dire.
that is also true
but what I said is true
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Well, this is awful.

Munster completely devoid of any attacking flair or incision.
Rassie said beforehand they had a plan for Sarries, was the plan to kick the ball continiously into the air?

Almost all of Munster's 'big' players have been poor. Ryan, Stander, Kilcoyne etc.

POM, Zebo and TOD the three best performers.

The less said about Bleyendaal's performance the better.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I think they missed Kleyn, not to mention Murray and POM
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Saracens 1 thru 10 individually and collectively comprehensively outplayed their opposite number. They were actually brilliant, so well coached, so well drilled - watching the scrum that led to the penalty for 3-6, it was a thing of beauty, as one they lowered, held for a beat, then drove.
I have Bumbleflex
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Very game but incredibly toothless from Munster, looked that way from early on when they couldn't score against 14.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

wixfjord wrote:Well, this is awful.

Rassie said beforehand they had a plan for Sarries, was the plan to kick the ball continiously into the air?

Almost all of Munster's 'big' players have been poor. Ryan, Stander, Kilcoyne etc.

I think Stander was struggling with his ankle from early on. No guile to Munster's game. The game plan to me seemed to be a mixture of box kicks and one out carries, which raises the question how do you beat Sarries?
Leinster/Clermont have stronger scrums and should expect to fair better, both have much stronger halfbacks and a lot more ingenuity to the back play, whether that's enough to beat sarries I'm not sure but at the very least they should be tested more and potentially their big forwards would be tired out by a more lateral game plan.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

bamboozle wrote:

I think Stander was struggling with his ankle from early on. No guile to Munster's game. The game plan to me seemed to be a mixture of box kicks and one out carries, which raises the question how do you beat Sarries?
Leinster/Clermont have stronger scrums and should expect to fair better, both have much stronger halfbacks and a lot more ingenuity to the back play, whether that's enough to beat sarries I'm not sure but at the very least they should be tested more and potentially their big forwards would be tired out by a more lateral game plan.
One thing we have that Munster don't is fast forwards with good hands and sidesteps. TOD made a bit of hay today by being smart before contact. Stander, while not fully fit, and Kilcoyne both tried to go through the guts. That doesn't work.

We'd need big performances from the likes of VDF, Leavy, Furlong, Cronin, Conan (just like we will tomorrow ironically).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

bamboozle wrote:

Its like playing the All Blacks: you keep your foot on their kneck and dont let them concede 3 points instead of tries, you get near their line and they will infringe like crazy