Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by MunsterSugar »

When Thomond Park was it's old state it was 15000max. And needed redevelopment so IRFU and Munster took gamble. Wasn't all plain but agreed M1 Paddy hasn't got it near right.

On coaching ticket, Axel appointed Fla and Micko, the rest were MRU/IRFU. That's known here. Axel it's known wanted Prendegast and was refused.
I've yet to meet a Munster fan unhappy on treatment.
Also you noted on capacity issue. They've sold out plenty of games and crowds are returning. Also Thomond Park is 1 of most used spots for conference rooms etc on midweek and by end of 2017 they expect to be down to €5m debt.
To basically pay off just under €40m in under 25years will be good going. And it'll probably be before that too.
As I said loan was to IRFU and IRFU to Munster.
Also the help was in return too for fact it was agreed to have 1 international a year there but this had to be revoked due to a deal between national team and sponsors to play games in Aviva. That's why you've got games like Canada in Aviva.
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote:
If any Munster fan is unhappy with how Munster are currently being treated, then they haven't a clue.
Munster have been given great assistance by their shareholders. Which is great, and long may it last.
Being bailed out is not great and may it end soon!

Why wouldn't Munster fans be thrilled, the Munster branch gambled IRFU money on a stadium and get extra budget help now because it didn't come off.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

But Ronk.
What about loss of international?
What about fact Leinster get support for RDS?
Connacht and Ulster have got similar help?
JP was refused allowance to input in to budget.
Would you call it special treatment for issues like Heaslip and Sexton wages getting outside top ups.
Yes we are talking different volumes but Leinster are getting help too for extra budget. Just it's not highlighted as much because it benefitting Ireland. Same went for Graham Henry bill which IRFU paid as an investment to Leo's coaching career which is fair enough.

Like I will ask do you think €15m loan for IRFU to Thomondor the rent of RDS and the €20m investment budgeted along with rents over next 50 years or so will have much difference.
Some Leinster fans come across as all high and mighty but like if you look at history every province has been looked after.
There's some Munster fans say Leinster get special treatment. But again if you do maths.
Munster get all there concession contracts, Leinster don't.
The restraints of renting are an issue that may hurt down line. Renting is like pouring money down drain but it is better now for Leinster due to ridiculous property prices.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

ronk wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
If any Munster fan is unhappy with how Munster are currently being treated, then they haven't a clue.
Munster have been given great assistance by their shareholders. Which is great, and long may it last.

Why wouldn't Munster fans be thrilled, the Munster branch gambled IRFU money on a stadium and get extra budget help now because it didn't come off.
Needing to be bailed out is not great.
Getting bailed out is absolutely brilliant.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Again Paddy showing you haven't a clue.
Munster got Loan off IRFU who took loan out with banks.

And stadium cost €39.8million and as of October 2016 Munster owe €7.4million. That's their debt to all debtors.

I'm sure though ye will be as critical when Leinster invest what is it €10million or €20million in to RDS redevelopment. A stadium they don't even own. But again is correct as land in Dublin is ridiculous and €20m is small for location and what they get out of it. And is needed
No, thats what my point is. The IRFU has been propping up Munsters stadium since day 1. Support not given to any of the other peovinces and the net result is a 50% stake in accumulated losses of 2m.

Ive said before on here the business case for a 25-30k seater stadium in Dublin isnt great, especially with LR up the road. Unless you can get a 50-100 year bond (unlikely) it doesnt stack up as an investment. I dont think we'd get benefactor either. How much are Leinster investing? 10m or 20m? Id need actual facts to make a judgement, not just the flotsam of your posts.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote: Paddy has really lost the run of himself of late. It's clear to see that he is either making things up, or hasn't a clue. Along with his poor grasp on the financials, he also seems to miss the point that all coaching contracts must be sanctioned by the irfu.
So the irfu would certainly had an input into the appointment of the previous and current coaching ticket.

Also, I believe Walsh took a career break, as opposed to quitting his job.

Munster are not only filling Thomond park, they have had to extend the capacity for a number of games, they are back playing knockout rugby, and back to having players start for Ireland.
It is clear that what ever the irfu are currently doing is working which is nothing but positive.
If youd like to poi t out where im wrong about the interest costs of the loan, work away.

Apologies, i disnt realize it was a career break. He could of went backpacking or something but chose pro rugby in Munster. Fair play. Farrelly would have had some good material in that. But yes, the IRFU dropped the ball leaving the clown car to its own device's for so long.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

MunsterSugar wrote:But Ronk.
Would you call it special treatment for issues like Heaslip and Sexton wages getting outside top ups.
Yes we are talking different volumes but Leinster are getting help too for extra budget. Just it's not highlighted as much because it benefitting Ireland. Same went for Graham Henry bill which IRFU paid as an investment to Leo's coaching career which is fair enough.

Like I will ask do you think €15m loan for IRFU to Thomondor the rent of RDS and the €20m investment budgeted along with rents over next 50 years or so will have much difference.
Some Leinster fans come across as all high and mighty but like if you look at history every province has been looked after.
There's some Munster fans say Leinster get special treatment. But again if you do maths.
The restraints of renting are an issue that may hurt down line. Renting is like pouring money down drain but it is better now for Leinster due to ridiculous property prices.
The international is exchanging one form of support for another and it's a negative sum game that makes less than zero sense.

Munster are still getting that support e.g. Maori game.

All provinces get support from the international game, but they also provide the foundation the the IRFU needs to build the team on. If you produce stars for the Irish team, the IRFU try to help keep them there.

Leinster lost Sexton in a way that Munster never have since the pro game started. We lost 3 internationals who would have played multiple times this 6N because the budget isn't there to keep players in positions that were we all recently areas targeted for strategic development.

Renting isn't a problem if it makes sense, and it's weird to be lectured by someone who can't pay mortgage after overreaching on a home about the problems with renting. We pay our rent we're not getting help.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote:
ronk wrote:
munster#1 wrote:

So much for pride!
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Fvck me, I can feel those last two burns all the way over here in Paris.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

ronk wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:But Ronk.

The international is exchanging one form of support for another and it's a negative sum game that makes less than zero sense.

Munster are still getting that support e.g. Maori game.

All provinces get support from the international game, but they also provide the foundation the the IRFU needs to build the team on. If you produce stars for the Irish team, the IRFU try to help keep them there.

Leinster lost Sexton in a way that Munster never have since the pro game started. We lost 3 internationals who would have played multiple times this 6N because the budget isn't there to keep players in positions that were we all recently areas targeted for strategic development.

Renting isn't a problem if it makes sense, and it's weird to be lectured by someone who can't pay mortgage after overreaching on a home about the problems with renting. We pay our rent we're not getting help.
But in that I'm not disagreeing but it's benefical overall is my point.
Sexton leaving Ireland was awful. I'm in full support of his top up being allowed as he us vital.
Maori game Munster chased themselves. It still isn't same as international. It probably was worth more this year due to circumstances. Equally the international game wouldn't clean a debt or make much difference.
My point is more over pro era no province has been able to take high ground. Equally in future all provinces will need bail out again. Ireland is too small to not need it. The IRFU know this and support all provinces equally.
You say renting makes sense in some ways. Again I agree. And on 3 internationals. I'd disagree in 1 way but thats seperate matter. Point is it is all a case of IRFU will bail all provinces for right reasons. If Leinster needed to support themselves by signing NIQ in a position that is fair enough. Fact is ye have better school system so don't need support as much but no need to hammer other provinces as catchment area isn't as great
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
ronk wrote:

So much for pride!
Munster like the other 3 provinces have 1 shareholder, and that is the IRFU.
The irfu own Munster, and benefit from a strong Munster.

The IRFU decided that further investment in Munster was required and worthwhile. Thus giving the green light on TP. They provided Munster with the finances that made that great stadium possible.

Munster did not just decide to build TP, and then come running for help when times got tough.
The irfu did their due diligence, ran their numbers, and decided to invest in one of their franchises.

When their investment turned sour, like many investments in this country during the same period, the IRFU realised that sometimes the best way to see a return on your investment is to further invest.
This is happening right now, and like many other businesses that run into trouble, often further investment is what fixes the issue.

Munster did not go begging for cash, the club owner stepped in and protected their investment.

If you believe that this should effect my pride, then perhaps your priorities in life are a bit out of kilter.
At the end of the day rugby is just a game, played by highly paid individuals that we watch for our enjoyment.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

If you'd like to provide evidence of any of tye other provinces receiving the same support as Munster that'd be nice. You can say it as much as you like but it wont make ir a fact.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

munster#1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote: Needing to be bailed out is not great.
So much for pride!

The IRFU decided that further investment in Munster was required and worthwhile. Thus giving the green light on TP. They provided Munster with the finances that made that great stadium possible.

Munster did not just decide to build TP, and then come running for help when times got tough.
The irfu did their due diligence, ran their numbers, and decided to invest in one of their franchises.

When their investment turned sour, like many investments in this country during the same period, the IRFU realised that sometimes the best way to see a return on your investment is to further invest.
This is happening right now, and like many other businesses that run into trouble, often further investment is what fixes the issue.

Munster did not go begging for cash, the club owner stepped in and protected their investment.

If you believe that this should effect my pride, then perhaps your priorities in life are a bit out of kilter.
At the end of the day rugby is just a game, played by highly paid individuals that we watch for our enjoyment.
I think you may as well stop asking paddy to provide legit responses. I think 1 of main things I've learnt is he makes things up as he goes along.

On his request though
Ulster have received funing in early 00s
Connacht receivwd huge funding amd allowances near time they were fightibg folding
Leinster received funding in 06 too. And had support when finalising Donnybrook.
Admittedly none on same scale except Connacht to an extent.

But as I said Paddyor has proven he has an agenda against Munster and runs from truth.
Or at least some may say he's proven to live in a fiction world. Facts are there but he plays selective bias toward Munster wothout having clue. Thank god most here aren't like him
Last edited by MunsterSugar on March 18th, 2017, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote: Needing to be bailed out is not great.
So much for pride!

No pashun either. Sad.

The money was lent on certain provisos that havent been met. Over the past few years the IRFU have taken a stake in the assets , fired he coaching ticket and rode roughshod over its own rules re NIQ signings to get its money back. Feels good?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster are getting a lot of preferential treatment at the moment for sure, but jaysus they need it. And it's hurting us and Ulster financially at the moment. But Munster simply cannot be allowed to fail, the whole thing could come crashing down if that happened.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

A link of any sort would help. Just have to show the other provinces receiving massive support amd renegimg on their convenants. Cheers!
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
paddyor wrote: So much for pride!

No pashun either. Sad.

The money was lent on certain provisos that havent been met. Over the past few years the IRFU have taken a stake in the assets , fired he coaching ticket and rode roughshod over its own rules re NIQ signings to get its money back. Feels good?
Again showing he hasn't a clue. Can I ask what staff member they fired and what staff were fired.
And what assets were taken?
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

blockhead wrote:Munster are getting a lot of preferential treatment at the moment for sure, but jaysus they need it. And it's hurting us and Ulster financially at the moment. But Munster simply cannot be allowed to fail, the whole thing could come crashing down if that happened.
O think Paddy has shown he hasnt6a clue. But blockhead thos comment is correct. Every province is needed to succeed. Leinster got a big investment in producing the European Champions team. That is where Munster failed. They thought it'd naturally keep staying good and took eye off ball.

Leinster get payout for RDS and it's right as it's best solution available. Also IRFU are goinf funding Connachts plans. So it is showing loyalty to all teams. On NIQ signings. These aren't really an issue as they're literally playing for peanuts. Taute and Kleyn are reportedly on €60k per year. That's very small. Marshall is on less.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

MunsterSugar wrote:
neill_m wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote: Munster for Terrace Season Ticket and membership cost 275euros
Terrace Season Ticket in Ulster ball park of €250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No bad value. Yea I don't know exact cost of ticket but that includes my 3 European games 8 TP games 3 Muzzer games. And membership.
Also perks are you can bring in 2 free juniors for league games and % off Lifestyle
The Ulster one includes 3 European group games, 11 Pro 12 games, a pre-season game and a B&I Cup game. Priority access to tkts for away European games and knockout games etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk