Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Good to see Arnold playing, I'd almost forgotten about him.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Interesting to see Chisholm named on the bench, more so when you factor in Ryan's likely departure. Good to see him back. A top player and a top guy.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Good to see Arnold playing, I'd almost forgotten about him.
Yeah hes almost in Johnathan Bell territory now

Chisholm hmmmmmmmmm
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Both Munster and Toulouse have European pedigree but based on current league position and home advantage you'd have to think that Munster will win this one.
However it is Europe and it is a Q/F, Toulouse will show up.
Munster will have to take any scoring chances that come their way because Toulouse will have their purple patches.
Take those penos.
Good Luck.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ibane
Beginner

Post by Ibane »

Everything was going grand and then came the Murray injury, then the Donnacha Ryan news and finally the rumours about Rassie going back to SA.
We need a win tomorrow to turn this around.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Midi via Mortimer reporting Toulouse players are forlorn and pessimistic about this game
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony Capt., Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Dave O’Callaghan, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Francis Saili, Andrew Conway.

As good as could be expected - particularly like the call for DOC on the bench - hopefully Murray is fine. Concerns re Scannell covering 10 (not convinced by him there at the moment) and Archer but otherwise all good

Also just shows how despite all the waffle how close in make up Munster and Leinsters teams actually are

2+2 NIQ in 23
1 Residency qualified international each
12 + 5 Munster developed players, 11 +5 Leinster developed players
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

To all the Munster fans who frequent this site. Best of luck tomorrow.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Interesting to see Sweetman start ahead of Conway. Thought he would be exactly the type of player to start who is full of confidence after earning his first cap
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

R-Dog wrote:Interesting to see Sweetman start ahead of Conway. Thought he would be exactly the type of player to start who is full of confidence after earning his first cap
No surprise to me - think if Sweetnam hadn't been injured he probably would have been in line for the 6N squad, quite possibly in place of Conway. Sweetnam when fit has been first choice this year. Still a big game for him mind - his biggest for Munster so far. Ronan O Mahony is the unlucky one really - he has been excellent this year, but again thats the right call
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Conway is unlucky alright but I think that's their strongest back three. I'm hoping Sweetnam really makes a name for himself tomorrow and inks his name into the Ireland squad for Japan and beyond.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Conway is unlucky alright but I think that's their strongest back three. I'm hoping Sweetnam really makes a name for himself tomorrow and inks his name into the Ireland squad for Japan and beyond.
Has to be in Japan along with Byrne (and possibly ROL & Stockdale)

Slight concern that with our back 3 options probably not going to NZ (slim chance for Zebo still I think) that Kearney x2, Trimble, McFadden, Gilroy, Earls will all be available and the younger guys won't get selected. I don't think he shoudl just go with the young guys and has to get a balance, but Gilroy and Earls would be the only two of the group above I'd like to see in Japan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Golf Man wrote:Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony Capt., Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Dave O’Callaghan, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Francis Saili, Andrew Conway.

As good as could be expected - particularly like the call for DOC on the bench - hopefully Murray is fine. Concerns re Scannell covering 10 (not convinced by him there at the moment) and Archer but otherwise all good

Also just shows how despite all the waffle how close in make up Munster and Leinsters teams actually are

2+2 NIQ in 23
Heard Murray isn't fit and will be pulled during the warm-up. Heaslip will be drafted in to start.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

That's the best Munster backline I've ever seen. Only two not Munster products too.

I really hope, and frankly expect, that they will rip into Toulouse.

Couple of weaknesses on the bench as mentioned, otherwise that's a top end team.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
Golf Man wrote:Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony Capt., Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

2+2 NIQ in 23
Heard Murray isn't fit and will be pulled during the warm-up. Heaslip will be drafted in to start.
:lol:

hes clearly on drugs

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Chisholm played 20 minutes today.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Well the big day is here, Munster back playing knockout European rugby in the much talked about Thomond Park.

The best thing about having such an occasion in a city the size of Limerick, is that there is no mistaking that there will be an event on today.
Everywhere you go in the city you will see flags and banners, the walk to the stadium builds that famous atmosphere, as you walk past pub after pub that is over flowing with red jerseys.

There will be in excess of 26K in the ground, but there will be a many more who were not lucky enough to get a ticket, packing into their locals.

European rugby is what Limerick lives for. Every person you speak to will be well aware of who is playing, they will know the players personally, and will be able to tell you stories about the players that you have never heard.

I am not from Limerick, but it is a special place on days like today. In most other cities, a day like today is fairly irrelevant, with only a very small percentage even caring that a match is taking place. You can see why media the world over, continuously spout cringe worthy cliches when describing their experiences.

I will be heading to Limerick early to shout on the mighty blues, and hopefully come the final whistle in Limerick, both teams will have advanced a step further than anyone would have expected at the starting the season.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I just got sick in my own mouth
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Good luck today.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Peg Leg wrote:I just got sick in my own mouth
Jealousy is a sickening feeling alright.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.