Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Cor. Ind.
Learner

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by Cor. Ind. »

Dave Cahill wrote:No it isn't
Flat track bully, good on plastic pitches and he ain't even that these days. Can't think of a game he's played well in for Munster.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:They said it couldn't be done, but by god they did it! Munster have gone into double figures! What a time to be alive!
When is the latest signing Irish qualified?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

The 7 cap springbok will be IQ during the month of Never. Round about the 12th I believe.

He is only a medical joker sure....
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Deysel is 6ft 3 apparently.......signed as a lock apparently.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Cor. Ind. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:No it isn't
Flat track bully, good on plastic pitches and he ain't even that these days. Can't think of a game he's played well in for Munster.
Flat track bully??? I haven't seen to much bullying in a red jersey.

Scored two tries in a game for the Cookies this season.

Work rate has never been a feature of his game. Good runner and can run some good lines. Comes alive with a bit of space in loose place. Below average in every other facet of his game.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

paddyor wrote:Deysel is 6ft 3 apparently.......signed as a lock apparently.
Assuredly.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Lol, getting ridiculous now. And they still somehow have a victim complex about the IRFU. Good player though, powerful ball carrier.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:Lol, getting ridiculous now. And they still somehow have a victim complex about the IRFU. Good player though, powerful ball carrier.
its a shot in the arm for Mark Robson's punning
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Good news day to slide in a signing of a foreign second row
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

At least when Leinster sign a back row to play in the 2nd row we make sure they are at least 6'6"
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

neiliog93 wrote:Lol, getting ridiculous now. And they still somehow have a victim complex about the IRFU. Good player though, powerful ball carrier.
Not sure that there are too many, if any claiming that Munster are victims ATM. Care to share where this is coming from.

Munster are rightly getting a leg up, as have other provinces in the past, when times were tough.

The irfu own each of the 4 professional franchises in Ireland, they created them, and have a large say in everything. They took their eye off the ball for a couple of seasons at Munster, and allowed it to go into free fall. They are now correcting that, and reaping the rewards both financially and in terms of player development.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Something I would like to know.
Just renewed my Leinster season ticket.
Cost of my loyalty was just under €500 for a stand ticket.
What's the going rate in the other provinces?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschool wrote:Something I would like to know.
I just renewed my season ticket.
Cost just under €500 for a stand ticket.
Munster for Terrace Season Ticket and membership cost 275euros
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote:
Not sure that there are too many, if any claiming that Munster are victims ATM. Care to share where this is coming from.

Munster are rightly getting a leg up, as have other provinces in the past, when times were tough.

The irfu own each of the 4 professional franchises in Ireland, they created them, and have a large say in everything. They took their eye off the ball for a couple of seasons at Munster, and allowed it to go into free fall. They are now correcting that, and reaping the rewards both financially and in terms of player development.
It's coming from the rest of your post, as an example.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

MunsterSugar wrote:
Terrace Season Ticket in Ulster ball park of €250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

neill_m wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Terrace Season Ticket in Ulster ball park of €250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No bad value. Yea I don't know exact cost of ticket but that includes my 3 European games 8 TP games 3 Muzzer games. And membership.
Also perks are you can bring in 2 free juniors for league games and % off Lifestyle
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They're all in the same ballpark

http://www.mrsc.ie/files/downloads/Pric ... _FINAL.pdf
358-470 seated in Munster
Terrace comes to €290 including membership. Boxes available for higher prices

Leinster €279 - €449 except for a few blocks that go up steeply to €729.
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/season-tick ... or-201718/
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote:
Well
munster#1 wrote: Munster are rightly getting a leg up, as have other provinces in the past, when times were tough.

They took their eye off the ball for a couple of seasons at Munster, and allowed it to go into free fall. They are now correcting that, and reaping the rewards both financially and in terms of player development.
Munster got a loan to build Thomond park the repayment of which has been suspended a number of times. The interest on that loan would pay a few lower level players wages or a marquee player. IIRC the original loan was €9m. AIB were lending to businesses at a rate of 5.008% (in 2014), so the interest in the first year is €450k and over a 10 year period from 30/04/2007 to 30/04/2017 it's just under €2.5m. That's assuming you actually make the repayments which Munster haven't. If there was still €7.4m outstanding at the end of the 10 year period (and it had been outstanding for most of the loan), the interest is somewhere in the region €4-4.5m. I've checked the accounts (here - pg 22). It won't be repaid until 2027. So you can probably double that figure. HARD TIMES!

If you don't believe me open up excel and find the loan amortisation schedule template then plug in the figures.

New Stadium DAC made an operating loss of €2m up from €1.2m the year before. The full amount is listed as the unions share. Hard to know what's in that. Interest? Interest on the interest? HARD TIMES!

It's often said that eventually it'll be a great investment but not by any commercial or professional metric I've ever come across. Over a long enough time line anything can be said to have worked, but that ignores the opportunity cost. Could the money have been better spent on developing the game and more players? Given the number of NIQs in Munsters squad you'd have to say probably not. Where's the pay-off for the union? When are they getting their money back? I don't think this is charity, I think they've had enough and want their money back.

It all could have been different if Munster
hadn't made a balls of the Stadium naming rights
had a business plan for the new Stadium that took account of holy communions
hadn't got sucked into a petty squabble over location (the farcical Cork vs Limerick thing)

Nothing whatsoever to do with the union. All Munster.

The appointment of Walsh as backs coach was the precursor to the clown car hitting the skids. Crucially it seems he was from Cork. He had a few years coaching in the AIL and quit his job in the bank to be a pro coach, stuff of fairytales, real Munster! Damn shame Farrelly wasn't around to write the article.

Should really do some study now.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
Well
munster#1 wrote: Munster are rightly getting a leg up, as have other provinces in the past, when times were tough.

They took their eye off the ball for a couple of seasons at Munster, and allowed it to go into free fall. They are now correcting that, and reaping the rewards both financially and in terms of player development.
Munster got a loan to build Thomond park the repayment of which has been suspended a number of times. The interest on that loan would pay a few lower level players wages or a marquee player. IIRC the original loan was €9m. AIB were lending to businesses at a rate of 5.008% (in 2014), so the interest in the first year is €450k and over a 10 year period from 30/04/2007 to 30/04/2017 it's just under €2.5m. That's assuming you actually make the repayments which Munster haven't. If there was still €7.4m outstanding at the end of the 10 year period (and it had been outstanding for most of the loan), the interest is somewhere in the region €4-4.5m. I've checked the accounts (here - pg 22). It won't be repaid until 2027. So you can probably double that figure. HARD TIMES!

If you don't believe me open up excel and find the loan amortisation schedule template then plug in the figures.

New Stadium DAC made an operating loss of €2m up from €1.2m the year before. The full amount is listed as the unions share. Hard to know what's in that. Interest? Interest on the interest? HARD TIMES!

It's often said that eventually it'll be a great investment but not by any commercial or professional metric I've ever come across. Over a long enough time line anything can be said to have worked, but that ignores the opportunity cost. Could the money have been better spent on developing the game and more players? Given the number of NIQs in Munsters squad you'd have to say probably not. Where's the pay-off for the union? When are they getting their money back? I don't think this is charity, I think they've had enough and want their money back.

hadn't got sucked into a petty squabble over location (the farcical Cork vs Limerick thing)

The appointment of Walsh as backs coach was the precursor to the clown car hitting the skids. Crucially it seems he was from Cork. He had a few years coaching in the AIL and quit his job in the bank to be a pro coach, stuff of fairytales, real Munster! Damn shame Farrelly wasn't around to write the article.

Again Paddy showing you haven't a clue.
Munster got Loan off IRFU who took loan out with banks.

And stadium cost €39.8million and as of October 2016 Munster owe €7.4million. That's their debt to all debtors.

I'm sure though ye will be as critical when Leinster invest what is it €10million or €20million in to RDS redevelopment. A stadium they don't even own. But again is correct as land in Dublin is ridiculous and €20m is small for location and what they get out of it. And is needed
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
Well

Again Paddy showing you haven't a clue.
Munster got Loan off IRFU who took loan out with banks.

And stadium cost €39.8million and as of October 2016 Munster owe €7.4million. That's their debt to all debtors.

I'm sure though ye will be as critical when Leinster invest what is it €10million or €20million in to RDS redevelopment. A stadium they don't even own. But again is correct as land in Dublin is ridiculous and €20m is small for location and what they get out of it. And is needed
Paddy has really lost the run of himself of late. It's clear to see that he is either making things up, or hasn't a clue. Along with his poor grasp on the financials, he also seems to miss the point that all coaching contracts must be sanctioned by the irfu.
So the irfu would certainly had an input into the appointment of the previous and current coaching ticket.

Also, I believe Walsh took a career break, as opposed to quitting his job.

If any Munster fan is unhappy with how Munster are currently being treated, then they haven't a clue.
Munster have been given great assistance by their shareholders. Which is great, and long may it last.

Munster are not only filling Thomond park, they have had to extend the capacity for a number of games, they are back playing knockout rugby, and back to having players start for Ireland.
It is clear that what ever the irfu are currently doing is working which is nothing but positive.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.