Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Postby Oldschool » April 3rd, 2017, 1:08 pm

I've just had an horrible thought.
We up in Leinster have been wondering about when Burt is going to sign on the dotted line.
Is there a link between Rassie's departure and delay in Burt finalising things with Leinster.
Also and I hate to burst your bubbles but Rassie won't wait a year to sign NN.
BTW really tough luck for you guys.
Season going really well and boooommmm.
ALSO - If confirmed it's worthy of it's own thread.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Shane Horgan

Postby Timbit » April 3rd, 2017, 1:56 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
offshorerules wrote:The 'best' fans in the world apparently....

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/ian-keatley- ... ife-362409

That was awful but there isn't a province in the country that doesn't have fans who cross the line with players or coaches. Plenty of awful stuff was said on here about MOC and a few others so lets not start another provincial sh!t fight but maybe cop on to the fact that players and coaches are people too. It really grinds my gears when fans like that or on here have the temerity to slag off pro players who are infinitely more talented and hard working than they are.

You don't have to look further than the "Who's toss and who's boss" thread on this site to know that the attitude isn't contained to Munster.
Timbit
Learner

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 3rd, 2017, 4:02 pm

Just a snippet I picked up today.

"SARFU have agreed the recruitment of Brendan Venter to the National Coaching staff with immediate effect. Venter will join SARFU as Defence and Exits Coach".

Is this a straw in the wind? It certainly is not part of the 'Transformation Agenda'.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 3rd, 2017, 5:25 pm

Ruckedtobits wrote:Just a snippet I picked up today.

"SARFU have agreed the recruitment of Brendan Venter to the National Coaching staff with immediate effect. Venter will join SARFU as Defence and Exits Coach".

Is this a straw in the wind? It certainly is not part of the 'Transformation Agenda'.

The only thing it proves is that Nienbar ain't going anywhere.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Postby Oldschool » April 3rd, 2017, 5:28 pm

Timbit wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
offshorerules wrote:The 'best' fans in the world apparently....

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/ian-keatley- ... ife-362409

That was awful but there isn't a province in the country that doesn't have fans who cross the line with players or coaches. Plenty of awful stuff was said on here about MOC and a few others so lets not start another provincial sh!t fight but maybe cop on to the fact that players and coaches are people too. It really grinds my gears when fans like that or on here have the temerity to slag off pro players who are infinitely more talented and hard working than they are.

You don't have to look further than the "Who's toss and who's boss" thread on this site to know that the attitude isn't contained to Munster.

There is no comparison between MOC and Rassie.
In MOC's case, the fans and ultimately the IRFU wanted rid.
In Rassie's it's totally the opposite.
A comparison between Pat Lam and Rassie would be more appropriate.
Rassie, it is rumoured, will be the next SA national coach .
Munster have got a huge benefit from having him for one year.
The choice facing Munster now is between moving forward with a similsr coach or reverting to........ let's be kind.....
transition.
We had our transition and I wouldn't recommend.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Shane Horgan

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 3rd, 2017, 6:16 pm

Hard to know what to make of Rassie's words today at the presser...there's a veritable chasm as long as the San Andre's Fault between a done deal and mere speculation...

Hmmm...for this at least I am grateful broer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHUfy_YBps
"Only in America!"

Cor. Ind.
Learner

Postby Laighin Break » April 4th, 2017, 7:29 am

Oldschool wrote:
Timbit wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

There is no comparison between MOC and Rassie.
In MOC's case, the fans and ultimately the IRFU wanted rid.
In Rassie's it's totally the opposite.
A comparison between Pat Lam and Rassie would be more appropriate.
Rassie, it is rumoured, will be the next SA national coach .
Munster have got a huge benefit from having him for one year.
The choice facing Munster now is between moving forward with a similsr coach or reverting to........ let's be kind.....
transition.
We had our transition and I wouldn't recommend.

I think the comparison was between MOC and Keatley, not Rassie
Laighin Break
Graduate

Postby munster#1 » April 4th, 2017, 9:07 am

If Rassie goes it's hard to blame him, he will have the chance to do what nearly every coach would aspire to do, coach their national squad.

It would have a massive impact on Munster however.
It's hard to know who Munster should line up as the next coach, it will have to be a coach that wants to continue what is happening, rather than stamp their own mark.

Lancaster may be a good fit as director of rugby with POC brought in as forwards coach, and Nienebar made head coach.
munster#1
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby blockhead » April 4th, 2017, 9:16 am

munster#1 wrote:If Rassie goes it's hard to blame him, he will have the chance to do what nearly every coach would aspire to do, coach their national squad.

It's hard to know who Munster should line up as the next coach, it will have to be a coach that wants to continue what is happening, rather than stamp their own mark.

Lancaster may be a good fit as director of rugby with POC brought in as forwards coach, and Nienebar made head coach.

What an awfully lazy effort. What happened to you man?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby Oldschoolsocks » April 4th, 2017, 9:18 am

blockhead wrote:
munster#1 wrote:If Rassie goes it's hard to blame him, he will have the chance to do what nearly every coach would aspire to do, coach their national squad.

What an awfully lazy effort. What happened to you man?

He used to be beautiful
I just wanted to see Gordon D'Arcy get a 'back, sack and crack wax'
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet

Postby Peg Leg » April 4th, 2017, 10:59 am

Apart from the fact that Bomber wants to stick with the hands on coaching of the team and not the DOR stuff, yeah he would.

How did you put it last week?
"Jealousy is a sickening feeling alright"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby neiliog93 » April 4th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Terrible news for Munster if he leaves. I hope for irish rugby's sake it doesn't stymie their resurgence next season.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 4th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Seems Venter is only with RSA for the summer tests and then back to Italy. This has all the hallmarks of AC being sacked or kicked up stairs, with Rassie & Nienbar taking over the coaching. Now that would rip the heart or rather the brainstrust out of Munster!

:(
"Only in America!"

Cor. Ind.
Learner

Postby munster#1 » April 4th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Peg Leg wrote:

Apart from the fact that Bomber wants to stick with the hands on coaching of the team and not the DOR stuff, yeah he would.

Hardly a jealousy situation.

I just think he would be a good fit. He has a very similar back ground to Rassie, with a massive amount of experience, and his effect has been shown in the way that Leinster have improved this season.

I am not suggesting that this will happen, or that I've heard a rumour, so others need to insinuate that this is a wum or a dig or whatever is just lazy and childish.
munster#1
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby Peg Leg » April 4th, 2017, 3:17 pm

munster#1 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

Hardly a jealousy situation.

I just think he would be a good fit. He has a very similar back ground to Rassie, with a massive amount of experience, and his effect has been shown in the way that Leinster have improved this season.

I am not suggesting that this will happen, or that I've heard a rumour, so others need to insinuate that this is a wum or a dig or whatever is just lazy and childish.

Come on man, we used to enjoy doing this!
Can we agree on one of those emoticon things to use for "a friendly dig /jest/banter between 2 consenting adults knowingly having a bit of a laugh no hard feelings" smiley face type of thing? That way you'll know and vice versa?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby blockhead » April 5th, 2017, 9:43 am

From a paper called the Evening Echo.....
MUNSTER are believed to be looking at former Ireland defence and Toulon coach Mike Ford as a possible replacement for Rassie Erasmus should he return to South Africa to take up a Director of Rugby post.

Ford who worked with the IRFU parted company yesterday by mutual agreement with Toulon with immediate effect.

Ford, who also coached Bath, is a free agent and would tick a lot of the boxes for the province and IRFU.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby wixfjord » April 5th, 2017, 11:24 am

blockhead wrote:From a paper called the Evening Echo.....
MUNSTER are believed to be looking at former Ireland defence and Toulon coach Mike Ford as a possible replacement for Rassie Erasmus should he return to South Africa to take up a Director of Rugby post.

Ford who worked with the IRFU parted company yesterday by mutual agreement with Toulon with immediate effect.

Ford, who also coached Bath, is a free agent and would tick a lot of the boxes for the province and IRFU.

This sounds very much like a 2+2=5 story.

If true though, I'm not sure if Mike Ford would exactly fit into Munster's 'culture'. Without putting too fine a point on it, he comes across like a total bell end.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby olaf the fat » April 5th, 2017, 11:42 am

wixfjord wrote:
blockhead wrote:From a paper called the Evening Echo.....

This sounds very much like a 2+2=5 story.

If true though, I'm not sure if Mike Ford would exactly fit into Munster's 'culture'. Without putting too fine a point on it, he comes across like a total bell end.

He might fit right in then.....

Joking aside, this buying into the Jersey thing some peddle down south is rubbish. A good professional player or coach will apply themselves as required or get moved on pretty quickly. So all they have to do is their job, do a couple of pressers saying how wonderful the fans are, special the ground is - then pose with a pint in hand along side some fans and the jersey is bought in to. It what every decent pro does in every club.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
olaf the fat
Malcolm O'Kelly

Postby jimbobjoe » April 5th, 2017, 11:47 am

It also helps to get pictured going for a puck around with a hurl
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Postby johng » April 5th, 2017, 11:56 am

Would Munster fancy a coach who left his son's club under a cloud?

Not the calibre of individual that fits in with the brave and the FAITHFUL!
johng
Leo Cullen

PreviousNext

Return to General Rugby