Ulster Rugby 2016/17

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Ulster Rugby 2016/17

Post by rooster »

Good programme on the life of Ruan Pienaar in Ulster on BBC last night, Nuciforia was asked for a comment on the situation but he claimed to be too busy to do an interview, must be working real hard at present !
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

rooster wrote:Good programme on the life of Ruan Pienaar in Ulster on BBC last night, Nuciforia was asked for a comment on the situation but he claimed to be too busy to do an interview, must be working real hard at present !
Those critically timed holidays don't book themselves
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rooster wrote:Good programme on the life of Ruan Pienaar in Ulster on BBC last night, Nuciforia was asked for a comment on the situation but he claimed to be too busy to do an interview, must be working real hard at present !
Given the abuse he's copped for it I don't really blame him. Better to say nothing than be painted like even more of a villain, which he undoubtedly would be given that the programme was dedicated to Pienaar.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Given the abuse he's copped for it I don't really blame him. Better to say nothing than be painted like even more of a villain, which he undoubtedly would be given that the programme was dedicated to Pienaar.
Not much of a man who couldn't face an interview and explain his reasons though.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rooster wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Not much of a man who couldn't face an interview and explain his reasons though.
Isnt his job to face the hard questions? Be the face of the union policies
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Didn't he do that already?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/e ... -1.2846170

Not sure why people would feel he's compelled to answer questions for a programme like that. It's essentially a witch hunt and ulster fans want their pound of flesh...no surprise that Nucifora wasn't up for that and given that he's already explained his reasoning I don't see the problem. Anyone who wants him interviewed should step back and think about why they wanted that and what they expected him to say, it's nonsense.

And no I'm not his biggest fan. I think Pienar should have been allowed to stay on the proviso that an Irish scrumhalf/project player played a certain percentage of league games.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

If I were him I wouldn't show up for that discussion nor the other big row. When you have echo chamber partisan news outlets coming out with lines like (not for Pienaar but) "I haven't talked to him but I am 100% certain..." There is no point.

In the age of trolling we have to face up to the fact that there is no point showing up for a rational discussion sometimes.

If BBC Ulster wants to be taken seriously and have this interview they need to behave somewhat differently to a fan forum.

Eddie O'Sullivan is great for doing fan service on shows. I think that counts as balance for most of the media in Ireland.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I think this Pienaar thing is people making a mountain out of a molehill. His time was up, simple as that.

Turning it personal against Nucifora is being very childish. The same people who are very concerned about Pienaar and his family would be calling for ulster to get rid of lesser talented players. Players who have far less money than Pienaar!

Ulster made a balls of things themselves but yet all the anger seems to be towards the IRFU and Nucifora.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Bah I retract my comment
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Every time one of friends goes on a rant about Nucifora I ask the same question. Who do you want running the IRFU?

John Delaney and the FAI?
Pat Hickey and the boys at the OCI?
Maybe the rocket scientists in Boxing Ireland?

The IRFU is not perfect but they are a dam sight better than nearly every other sports organisation when it comes to how it's run.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sunshiner1 wrote:Every time one of friends goes on a rant about Nucifora I ask the same question. Who do you want running the IRFU?

John Delaney and the FAI?
Pat Hickey and the boys at the OCI?
Maybe the rocket scientists in Boxing Ireland?

The IRFU is not perfect but they are a dam sight better than nearly every other sports organisation when it comes to how it's run.
Thats doesn't actually make any sense though. For a start, David Nucifora doesn't run the IRFU, hes the Performance Director, so what John Delaney and Pat Hickey have to do with things I don't know - their rugby equivalent is Philip 'Real Madrid rugby club' Browne. Ruud Doktor is the FAI's Performance Director.

The High Performance Unit of the IABA, which would be the boxing equivalent of Nucifora's baliwick is widely regarded as amongst the very best of its kind in the world.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

dropkick wrote:

Turning it personal against Nucifora is being very childish. The same people who are very concerned about Pienaar and his family would be calling for ulster to get rid of lesser talented players. Players who have far less money than Pienaar!
That's a very good point.

I've never seen anything like the bile posted in the Ulster Supporters FB Group recently, not at the worst of the Munster v Leinster rivalry. Pure groupthink.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:
dropkick wrote:

That's a very good point.

I've never seen anything like the bile posted in the Ulster Supporters FB Group recently, not at the worst of the Munster v Leinster rivalry. Pure groupthink.
The Facebook group is full of loopers who are still trying to work out if a rugby ball is blown up or stuffed
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

rooster wrote: The Facebook group is full of loopers who are still trying to work out if a rugby ball is blown up or stuffed
Fair play rooster - it's not often you get a genuine laugh out loud moment at work!

:clap:
Four Stars
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Lar wrote:
rooster wrote: The Facebook group is full of loopers who are still trying to work out if a rugby ball is blown up or stuffed
Fair play rooster - it's not often you get a genuine laugh out loud moment at work!

:clap:
I'm being serious about that though !
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Jean Deysel signed for 2 years in place of Arno Botha, at least Deysel has 2 good knees !
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

So Ulster could field a pack of...

Shalk van der Merwe, Rob Herring, Wiehern Herbst.
Robbie Diak, Franco van der Merwe*
Marcel Cootze, Jean Deysel, Sean Reidy

And half of them would be Irish qualified.....

* Ok taking liberties with that one
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:So Ulster could field a pack of...

Shalk van der Merwe, Rob Herring, Wiehern Herbst.
Robbie Diak, Franco van der Merwe*
Marcel Cootze, Jean Deysel, Sean Reidy

And half of them would be Irish qualified.....

* Ok taking liberties with that one
are you trying to give Kimmage a coronary?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

You could throw Treadwell in for VDM.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:You could throw Treadwell in for VDM.
Or Alan O'Connor