Hayden Triggs

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Lar
Mullet

Hayden Triggs

Post by Lar »

Hope this isn't straying into the personal lives of players too much but anyone who hasn't done so should read Johnny Watterson's piece in the IT on Hayden Triggs and the loss of his daughter.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/p ... -1.2912104

It certainly reminded me that when I get irritated about things around rugby (especially at a game or on a message board!) I need to get real.
Four Stars
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Re: Hayden Triggs

Post by ChrisUppy »

With Hayden's contract up at the end of the season and given how he has spoken about Ireland and the community around him, I really hope that he finds a comfortable solution for next season. For such a young family to have to up roots and move after the year they just had would be tough, although it is part and parcel of a rugby career I suppose.

Maybe if Leinster don't extend his contract he could be of use at one of the other provinces. Or else player-coaching an AIL team could be an option if he wanted to remain in Dublin.
niallni
Beginner

Post by niallni »

Lar wrote:Hope this isn't straying into the personal lives of players too much but anyone who hasn't done so should read Johnny Watterson's piece in the IT on Hayden Triggs and the loss of his daughter.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/p ... -1.2912104

It certainly reminded me that when I get irritated about things around rugby (especially at a game or on a message board!) I need to get real.

saw that today, very sad for any family to have to go through.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

He played very shortly afterwards too I think. Some man. I've a lot of respect for him. He's also played very well recently.
Dont Panic!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

"There is nothing finalised or anything, but there is an opportunity on the table. Without going into it, it's a good opportunity for me and my family. You will find that out soon."
From the INDO. Hopefully he gets a good deal, he more than earned it.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

blockhead wrote:
"There is nothing finalised or anything, but there is an opportunity on the table. Without going into it, it's a good opportunity for me and my family. You will find that out soon."
From the INDO. Hopefully he gets a good deal, he more than earned it.
He is a class act, and very much appreciated by the fans sitting around me in the Grandstand.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Triggs would be a great signing for most Pro 12 and Aviva Prem sides.

Hopefully there's a few good months left from him in a Leinster jersey too.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Hayden Triggs to hang up his boots after this season is over. The more I see of him on and off the pitch the more impressed I am. Best of luck Hayden to you and your family. I think he would be a great asset to our academy
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

RoboProp wrote:Hayden Triggs to hang up his boots after this season is over. The more I see of him on and off the pitch the more impressed I am. Best of luck Hayden to you and your family. I think he would be a great asset to our academy
+1