The Provincial Lime Pit

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

The Provincial Lime Pit

Post by Oldschool »

Golf Man wrote:Good that Murray isn't being risked if he is a doubt - this is only a good thing for Marmion
Shocked at Toner - don't think anyone predicted that
Backrow a little bit lucky
Good that we get to see Payne at 15 with first choice in a match of this magnitude
Delighted for Conway (and happy he didn't go the McFadden option)

Really good changes in general tbh - sets the right message without doing anything drastic
Be honest you're only "surprised" at Toner. :wink:
Reckon Leo asked Joe to rest him cos we'll need him at full bore for Wasps.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Ireland v. England

Post by paddyor »

Cor. Ind. wrote:Pleased to see CM's not being risked for a dead rubber.

Amazed Toner's been dropped. Right call though!

Great to see Conway benching, especially with Feek bigging up Ferg's 'abilities' earlier this week.

Even better to see Payne finally starting in his best/natural position.
This is test rugby, there are no dead rubbers. Outside of that, there's a couple of million at stake(to pay for all them NIQs at Munster) for 2nd place vs 3rd or 4th place and also our seeding for the RWC draw.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:

Great to see Conway benching, especially with Feek bigging up Ferg's 'abilities' earlier this week.

This is test rugby, there are no dead rubbers. Outside of that, there's a couple of million at stake(to pay for all them NIQs at Munster) for 2nd place vs 3rd or 4th place and also our seeding for the RWC draw.
You do know Leinsters payroll is actually a lot more than Munster per last IRFU accounts. But guess your just trolling to start provincial fights but won't comment.

On game it was on there Henshaw is a doubt too with concussion issue. Said he's trained all week with scrum cap and will be assessed right up to kickoff
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote:

You do know Leinsters payroll is actually a lot more than Munster per last IRFU accounts. But guess your just trolling to start provincial fights but won't comment.

On game it was on there Henshaw is a doubt too with concussion issue. Said he's trained all week with scrum cap and will be assessed right up to kickoff
Of course it is.
Maybe you should answer your own implied question.
Explain to us all why the Leinster's payroll is higher than Munsters.
Not why you think it's the case but why it is actually the case.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschool wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote: This is test rugby, there are no dead rubbers. Outside of that, there's a couple of million at stake(to pay for all them NIQs at Munster) for 2nd place vs 3rd or 4th place and also our seeding for the RWC draw.

Of course it is.
Maybe you should answer your own implied question.
Explain to us all why the Leinster's payroll is higher than Munsters.
Not why you think it's the case but why it is actually the case.
More players on bigger contracts. Easy. Not getting in to provincal quinnles more replying to cheap shot comment.
And again ye guys are so sensitive.
Look at my remark to a cheap shot comment.
I just said fact was Leinster's bill is alot higher. Never argued why as it's obvious.
And again ye get sensitive and attack.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Do the IRFU publish those figures? I dont think they do. Wouldnt surprise me though, Leinster dont owe them money or need to pad out the squad with imports.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

MunsterSugar wrote: More players on bigger contracts. Easy. Not getting in to provincal quinnles more replying to cheap shot comment
Your post was a cheap shot windup - In the Ireland v England thread, it had no relevance other that to disrupt the thread - I suppose you can't help yourself.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

paddyor wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote: You do know Leinsters payroll is actually a lot more than Munster per last IRFU accounts. But guess your just trolling to start provincial fights but won't comment.
Do the IRFU publish those figures? I dont think they do. Wouldnt surprise me though, Leinster dont owe them money or need to pad out the squad with imports.
Accounts are here: http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/IRFU ... t_1516.pdf - page 26 onwards.

As far as I can see, the only time any province or provincial branch is mentioned by name is the Munster Branch with regards to the Thomond Park development, under Tangible Fixed Assets - incidentally, there's a €4.7m repayment due on the 30th April this year [page 40].

I'm not an accountant, but I don't see Leinster's name mentioned anywhere, never mind a breakdown of the payroll of each province.
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote: You do know Leinsters payroll is actually a lot more than Munster per last IRFU accounts. But guess your just trolling to start provincial fights but won't comment.
Accounts are here: http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/IRFU ... t_1516.pdf - page 26 onwards.

As far as I can see, the only time any province or provincial branch is mentioned by name is the Munster Branch with regards to the Thomond Park development, under Tangible Fixed Assets - incidentally, there's a €4.7m repayment due on the 30th April this year [page 40].

I'm not an accountant, but I don't see Leinster's name mentioned anywhere, never mind a breakdown of the payroll of each province.

Misquoted me there ol' bean!

That said, it does seem that Rassie's Munstervaal just love raiding IRFU coffers and cattle rustling Leinster's Academy.

Andrew Porter en Dan Leavy kom op neer! :lol:
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Oldschool wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote: More players on bigger contracts. Easy. Not getting in to provincal quinnles more replying to cheap shot comment
Your post was a cheap shot windup - In the Ireland v England thread, it had no relevance other that to disrupt the thread - I suppose you can't help yourself.
No it was a reply to a cheap shot. Maybe check again sir. Quite happy to answer.
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
paddyor wrote: This is test rugby, there are no dead rubbers. Outside of that, there's a couple of million at stake(to pay for all them NIQs at Munster) for 2nd place vs 3rd or 4th place and also our seeding for the RWC draw.

Yes they do and well imports are under budget and Leinster get payout for RDS. Again less than Munster I admit but wasn't taking pot shots. So guess you were wrong. And just as it's 2nd time you tried to be smart. Just curious I asked questions this morning and you just disappeared with no reply
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

link please
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Breakdown of payrolls was given at AGM on request of Ulster for seperate issue. They have small loan with IRFU. Leinster don't get loans but instead get covered for rent of RDD that come in in region of is it €1m a year? But they don't get concessions on sales of beverages etc. Again not as big as Munster and I'm not starting provincal battles simply answered a pot shot pointing out a fact
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

yeah, i'm calling shenanigans on this
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:

Just replying again to this being 1st comment I replied to
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The only figure that wver apears is the headline figure for all 4 provinces amd ireland. Comes under the heading of IIRC "Costs of professional game" amd AFAIK includes all contracts with coaches amd players.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote:

I am an accountant, neither did I.

The interest on 7.4m, thats worth a few NIQ signinhs. Munster must be flush. How much are they selling them tickets for the RCC Qf for?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote: Do the IRFU publish those figures? I dont think they do. Wouldnt surprise me though, Leinster dont owe them money or need to pad out the squad with imports.

The interest on 7.4m, thats worth a few NIQ signinhs. Munster must be flush. How much are they selling them tickets for the RCC Qf for?
Put tickets up €10 and as is stayed clearly every year a playing budget is allocated every year independent of other budgets so again an NIQ signing would be under playing budget so not costing Munster too much. So as ye keep wanting to find holes on it.
On stadium rents. Yes Munster have a loan debt. But once it's paid off they'll be debt free. Leinster are paying rent continuously. Obviously it's not the most ideal for them but the cost will be there every year. They'll be only province in a few years not to play in a stadium they own.
Will this be all banded out when/if they need a loan?
And I love way ye simply react to a fact that Leinsters wage budget is higher by just trying niggly stuff.
If any of ye had clue. At AGM Ulster had a rep ask on playing budgets and reason Leinster have higher budget or cost whatever word you wish is they've more natuonal contracts and bonus issues to deal with. Fair enough. So we have addressed following.
Leinster have to pay more to players
Munster have a loan
Munster get alot back on concession contracts and Leinster dont
Munster have signed a few NIQs on cheap.

Any other cheap shots ye wish to fill in
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

paddyor wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
paddyor wrote: Do the IRFU publish those figures? I dont think they do. Wouldnt surprise me though, Leinster dont owe them money or need to pad out the squad with imports.

Paddy just on earlier are you still afraid to answer or was it just you can't?
You were so quick with replies yet now simply won't
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

This is the ire v eng thread - go find somewhere else for this s***e
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!