The other semi

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

John23
Enlightened

Re: The other semi

Post by John23 »

Straying slightly off topic here but if anybody out there has a spare ticket for this I will take it. A Munster friend of mine snoozed when they were released and is short one. Thanks in advance.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

Hard to know what positives to take away from Saturday's inept performance against a woeful, woebegone Ulster. Winning is always important. Munster will need to play levels above that to even compete with Sarries methinks. I was really impressed by how they won yesterday. 8 points down with less than 10 mins to go they took the three points from a scrum pen to ensure a lbp and then took advantage of an intricicate piece of broken field (initiated by some dark arts from Brits) to claim the winning try: They closed out the last few mins with pick and go drives....classic Munster circa 2008.

Our best performances this year have all been in the ERCC: Racing away and Leicester & Glasgow at home, but we'll need to exceed the intensity of those performances to beat Sarries. Can we do it? Against Leinster and Leicester away we lost the mental battle early on and never recovered. The same could be said of last Saturday, where the loss of Dunc & TB just before kick off and Sweets getting sparked in the first 30secs seemed to affect the guys mentally.
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Cor. Ind. wrote:Hard to know what positives to take away from Saturday's inept performance against a woeful, woebegone Ulster. Winning is always important. Munster will need to play levels above that to even compete with Sarries methinks. I was really impressed by how they won yesterday. 8 points down with less than 10 mins to go they took the three points from a scrum pen to ensure a lbp and then took advantage of an intricicate piece of broken field (initiated by some dark arts from Brits) to claim the winning try: They closed out the last few mins with pick and go drives....classic Munster circa 2008.

Our best performances this year have all been in the ERCC: Racing away and Leicester & Glasgow at home, but we'll need to exceed the intensity of those performances to beat Sarries. Can we do it? Against Leinster and Leicester away we lost the mental battle early on and never recovered. The same could be said of last Saturday, where the loss of Dunc & TB just before kick off and Sweets getting sparked in the first 30secs seemed to affect the guys mentally.
???
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

At this stage and following on from the weekend match, Munster must be rank outsiders to beat Saracens.
On a player comparison, Saracens win nearly all the match ups, although the Munster players are not without some modicum of skill.
Despite that, Munster are not without hope.
They have the better coach, they have their fabled passion and they have their 'never beaten, dogged, hang in there' mentality.
NB this is not a windup, it's a contribution to the underdog war effort.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Munster are the underdogs (marginally) at 5/4. Hard one to call to be honest. Leinster are also underdogs at 6/4 and I think in our semi home advantage is a big help for Clermont. I think it will be also for Munster so I think they will edge it.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Serious pride, pashun, bravery and faithfulness in this video.
https://www.facebook.com/BankofIreland/ ... 791391037/
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Dave Cahill wrote: Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership.
Interesting
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Laighin Break wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Saracens are the best team in England, they will win the Aviva Premiership.
Interesting
Guess they'll just have to make do with being back to back Champions of Europe
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

A summer to put our heads down and keep quiet. Winning is more significant than improving or entertaining. Munster have a team and a Coaching group who understand that.

It may not be pretty but it's what every supporter wants.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

I must say I find their defence exciting to watch. It's a weapon more than a defence. Attack can be limited at times, no doubt about it and let them down badly against Saracens, but has shown sparks this year too. Is going to be a great final, because Llanelli were superb the other night.