You've got more NIQs than us...

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: The other semi

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 12th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote:I'm loving the arrogance on this thread. Oh, hear ye Mocker Gods? Dave Cahill has opined between morsels of KFC chicken, spice bags and Big Macs...

Munster will be lucky if they manage to get nil on the scoreboard.


This is what I said about Munster

Munster are an okay side, not much more, who have been boosted by external motivation and an avant-garde application of the foreign player rules


and

Back in October, when both sides had pretty much their full selections available to them, give or take, Leinster gave Munster a bit of a tanning without getting out of second gear so in that regard I'd far rather play them than Saracens, but theres still an element to the interprovincial derby that renders it unpredictable and that makes me wary.


I see nothing other than simple statements of fact. Where is the arrogance and why?



Loving your backhanded compliments. An okay team that finished 2nd seeds in the group stages, has gotten past last year's T14 champions, and 4 & 2 times HEC winners along the way.

Whatever the motivational stimulus was after the sudden, tragic loss of Foley, it can only take you so far. If it was only that we would have hit a massive lull by now.

Your focus on our "avant-garde application of foreign player rules" is worth investigating. Half of the famed 'terrible ten' have played barely a minute of 1st team rugby this season and some not a minute at all: Griesel, Chisholm, Toma, Deysel, Du Toit.
Of the remaining 5, 3 (Rhys, TB, Kleyn) are Nucifora sanctioned projects who will all become IQ in the next two years. Of the remaining two, one is a medical joker (Jaco) and the other was our big ticket acquisition (Saili) to help push season ticket sales, a la James Lowe.

A far better comparison between Munster & Leinster is to look at our use of resources in the recent ERC QF. There we used 2 pps and 2 niqs, while you used 1 pp and 3 niqs - how truly avant-garde...Take it away Derick Bailey!

What really amazes me though is that a county the size of Cork (less than 200k) can produce 11 players in Munster's 23, while a county the size of Dublin (circa 1.2m) produces a number less than that for Leinster. But then we all innately know Cork is the greatest county in Ireland. Now that Dave is a fact, not an opinion! :lol:
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
User avatar
Cor. Ind.
Learner
 
Posts: 93
Joined: March 14th, 2017, 12:39 am

Re: The other semi

Postby The Doc » April 12th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Cor. Ind. wrote:
Loving your backhanded compliments. An okay team that finished 2nd seeds in the group stages, has gotten past last year's T14 champions, and 4 & 2 times HEC winners along the way.

Whatever the motivational stimulus was after the sudden, tragic loss of Foley, it can only take you so far. If it was only that we would have hit a massive lull by now.

Your focus on our "avant-garde application of foreign player rules" is worth investigating. Half of the famed 'terrible ten' have played barely a minute of 1st team rugby this season and some not a minute at all: Griesel, Chisholm, Toma, Deysel, Du Toit.
Of the remaining 5, 3 (Rhys, TB, Kleyn) are Nucifora sanctioned projects who will all become IQ in the next two years. Of the remaining two, one is a medical joker (Jaco) and the other was our big ticket acquisition (Saili) to help push season ticket sales, a la James Lowe.

A far better comparison between Munster & Leinster is to look at our use of resources in the recent ERC QF. There we used 2 pps and 2 niqs, while you used 1 pp and 3 niqs - how truly avant-garde...Take it away Derick Bailey!

What really amazes me though is that a county the size of Cork (less than 200k) can produce 11 players in Munster's 23, while a county the size of Dublin (circa 1.2m) produces a number less than that for Leinster. But then we all innately know Cork is the greatest county in Ireland. Now that Dave is a fact, not an opinion! :lol:


I feel a slippery slope coming and another locked thread - let's leave the NIQ debate for the pub :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: The other semi

Postby Lar » April 12th, 2017, 5:06 pm

The Doc wrote:I feel a slippery slope coming and another locked thread - let's leave the NIQ debate for the pub :D


+1
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: The other semi

Postby FLIP » April 12th, 2017, 5:07 pm

The Doc wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote:
Loving your backhanded compliments. An okay team that finished 2nd seeds in the group stages, has gotten past last year's T14 champions, and 4 & 2 times HEC winners along the way.

Whatever the motivational stimulus was after the sudden, tragic loss of Foley, it can only take you so far. If it was only that we would have hit a massive lull by now.

Your focus on our "avant-garde application of foreign player rules" is worth investigating. Half of the famed 'terrible ten' have played barely a minute of 1st team rugby this season and some not a minute at all: Griesel, Chisholm, Toma, Deysel, Du Toit.
Of the remaining 5, 3 (Rhys, TB, Kleyn) are Nucifora sanctioned projects who will all become IQ in the next two years. Of the remaining two, one is a medical joker (Jaco) and the other was our big ticket acquisition (Saili) to help push season ticket sales, a la James Lowe.

A far better comparison between Munster & Leinster is to look at our use of resources in the recent ERC QF. There we used 2 pps and 2 niqs, while you used 1 pp and 3 niqs - how truly avant-garde...Take it away Derick Bailey!

What really amazes me though is that a county the size of Cork (less than 200k) can produce 11 players in Munster's 23, while a county the size of Dublin (circa 1.2m) produces a number less than that for Leinster. But then we all innately know Cork is the greatest county in Ireland. Now that Dave is a fact, not an opinion! :lol:


I feel a slippery slope coming and another locked thread - let's leave the NIQ debate for the pub :D


The Munster posters wouldn't get kicked out come closing time at 11 like the rest of us though.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: The other semi

Postby paddyor » April 12th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Golf Man wrote:
boosted by .. an avant-garde application of the foreign player rules
- clearly not a fact - Leinster are pretty much reliant as Munster on NIQs

No we're not. NIQs in Munster have significantly more gametime in minutes accross all 3 competions (Munster have also made it to the final of the B&I cup)than their equivalents in Leinster.Go ahead and check.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: The other semi

Postby Xanthippe » April 12th, 2017, 7:49 pm

ERCC games and minutes this season

Image

Not sure I'd use the word significant to describe the differences
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3521
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: The other semi

Postby Golf Man » April 12th, 2017, 7:53 pm

Munster are slightly more dependent but it's a thing of nothing as any troll of stats will prove. Munster have had mo
re guys on the books and there is an argument to be had about that - the contribution- negligible difference

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Golf Man
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: November 2nd, 2010, 2:00 pm

Re: The other semi

Postby fourthirtythree » April 12th, 2017, 7:57 pm

One third higher. Plus two starters v one.
Plus Kirchner has his games through injury, he doesn't make the Pro 12 23 with a reasonably clean bill of health.

Not sure how you would define significant that that doesn't meet it.
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan
User avatar
fourthirtythree
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8912
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: The other semi

Postby paddyor » April 12th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Xanthippe wrote:ERCC games and minutes this season

Image

Not sure I'd use the word significant to describe the differences

The entire season? Here's what I got

Kleyn 599
Marshall 637
Sailli 578
Taute 1428
Deysel 60
Bleyendaal 1480
Toma (A) 254
Chisholm (A) 20
Greisel 6
Du Toit 148
Total 5210

Kirchner 1327
Nacsewa 1338
JGP 910
Triggs 658
Total 4233

They don't give mins palyed for the A side on Leinsters site. IIRC Triggs started at least 1 game in the B&I. Can't get anything on Greisel either other than what I saw on Ultimate rugby. Toma is 240 for the A side but has been an unused sub at least twice. From glancing thru ultimate rugby to get du Toits minutes, they had a t least 4 in most squads thru the middle part of the season (even got it up to 6 vs Connacht).
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: The other semi

Postby Golf Man » April 12th, 2017, 10:03 pm

This is getting embarassing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Golf Man
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: November 2nd, 2010, 2:00 pm

Re: The other semi

Postby Xanthippe » April 13th, 2017, 12:37 am

paddyor wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:ERCC games and minutes this season

Image

Not sure I'd use the word significant to describe the differences

The entire season? Here's what I got

Kleyn 599
Marshall 637
Sailli 578
Taute 1428
Deysel 60
Bleyendaal 1480
Toma (A) 254
Chisholm (A) 20
Greisel 6
Du Toit 148
Total 5210

Kirchner 1327
Nacsewa 1338
JGP 910
Triggs 658
Total 4233

They don't give mins palyed for the A side on Leinsters site. IIRC Triggs started at least 1 game in the B&I. Can't get anything on Greisel either other than what I saw on Ultimate rugby. Toma is 240 for the A side but has been an unused sub at least twice. From glancing thru ultimate rugby to get du Toits minutes, they had a t least 4 in most squads thru the middle part of the season (even got it up to 6 vs Connacht).


But this thread is not about the entire season it's about the ERCC so those are the stats I used.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Xanthippe
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3521
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: The other semi

Postby Golf Man » April 13th, 2017, 7:49 am

paddyor wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:ERCC games and minutes this season

Image

Not sure I'd use the word significant to describe the differences

The entire season? Here's what I got

Kleyn 599
Marshall 637
Sailli 578
Taute 1428
Deysel 60
Bleyendaal 1480
Toma (A) 254
Chisholm (A) 20
Greisel 6
Du Toit 148
Total 5210

Kirchner 1327
Nacsewa 1338
JGP 910
Triggs 658
Total 4233

They don't give mins palyed for the A side on Leinsters site. IIRC Triggs started at least 1 game in the B&I. Can't get anything on Greisel either other than what I saw on Ultimate rugby. Toma is 240 for the A side but has been an unused sub at least twice. From glancing thru ultimate rugby to get du Toits minutes, they had a t least 4 in most squads thru the middle part of the season (even got it up to 6 vs Connacht).


You need to let this go - using your figures above Munsters game time is 16.1% taken by NIQs, Leinsters is 13.6%, which correlates almost exact;ly with starts/total ppearances/etc All you are doing is backing up that Munster are slightly more reliant on NIQs than Leinster. The fact that Leinster have better local depth than Munster, contributing to Munster having a slightly more reliance on NIQs shoudl surprise no one

We should be focusing on the fact that Munster and Leinster won their qurterfinals with squads that were 83% IQ and 72% home grown - thats the impressive stat (and again there s neglibile difference between the two)
Golf Man
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: November 2nd, 2010, 2:00 pm

Re: The other semi

Postby Ruckedtobits » April 13th, 2017, 8:35 am

Timbit wrote:Jesus can we get a permaban on this topic? It's been flogged to death.

Some posters have managed to go an entire season saying every Munster win was lucky, against disinterested opposition whatever, it's fair to say they don't rate Munster, grand but let's not drag every thread into a rehash of that conversation.

I'm excited for Leinster and excited for Munster, let's talk about the semis that are coming!

So assuming CJ is out who plays in the Munster backrow? And who benches? Deysl has a lot of fitness work to do and I think Oliver has almost done enough for the bench. Start Peter, Tommy, Jack with Deysl as lock cover and Oliver as backrow?


That post deserves more than a +1.
HEAR, HEAR!
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3557
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: The other semi

Postby simonokeeffe » April 13th, 2017, 8:42 am

Theyve less foreign players than Saracens so lets at least focus on that

Did laugh when Mark McCall said thered be 50k in red at the game, basically admitting the size of their travelling support is tiny
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16777
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Previous

Return to General Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MylesNaGapoleen, SemrushBot [Bot] and 6 guests