You've got more NIQs than us...

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Laighin Break
Mullet

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by Laighin Break »

Timbit wrote: So you're telling me there is not a single player in the province of Leinster who could play centre? Hmmmm....
Not what I'm saying at all. The issue isn't having an NIQ playing a different position, it's having 2 NIQs playing in essentially the same position.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

fourthirtythree wrote:Well we were led to believe this was the case by the Munster posters on here who claimed to be in the know.

We now know not to trust those sources. So thanks for that.
Shock horror
Internet forum an untrustworthy source
Scannell's gametime being managed by Joe with USA/JAPAN in mind, according to my sources
See if that one will run.
Sails and Taute are contracted with Munster. Why would you believe that they can't both be selected.
Shock horror
Gullible internet forumites take umbrage at perceived favouritism towards rivals.
Playground stuff.
I'm telling on you, Miss, Miss, Miss
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

All Blacks nil wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Well we were led to believe this was the case by the Munster posters on here who claimed to be in the know.

Shock horror
Scannell's gametime being managed by Joe with USA/JAPAN in mind, according to my sources
Sails and Taute are contracted with Munster. Why would you believe that they can't both be selected.
Shock horror
Gullible internet forumites take umbrage at perceived favouritism towards rivals.
Playground stuff.
Imo Munster have been very proactive in their selection approach. Saili is back a good while now, and this issue is only coming up now as scannell has been picked in nearly every game, and goggin has gotten some valuable experience.

Munster are looking likely to have a very busy few weeks of important games.
Both Taute and Saili are going to be in the 23 when fit, and in the likely event that their are injuries, both will play together at some stage of these important games.

It would be suicide not to give them some game time to see how it works.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Go ahead and sign 23 players then... You'd have to play them since you are paying them... and rotate them into other positions just in case. Maybe you could sign pienaar too
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

All Blacks nil wrote:

Shock horror
Shock horror
Playground stuff.
Actually I think you'll find that most of us did not believe those that claimed the case. More of an 'I told you so' moment.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Hey it's cool, Scott Fardy will not ever play in the back row for Leinster, ever.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Timbit wrote:
ribs wrote:Go ahead and sign 23 players then... You'd have to play them since you are paying them... and rotate them into other positions just in case. Maybe you could sign pienaar too
There's no need, we have loads of excellent players that we've bought up through our structures. They all play on a regular basis and are in a European. Semi. Thanks for the thought though
Shush you, everyone knows daddy bought your sports car.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:Aye, and are all of Madigan, O'Shea, McCarthy, Whcyerley, Coombes, Chisholm, Copeland, TOD unavailable too?

What did the Munster press release say when he joined?
With Jean Kleyn already ruled out due to a neck injury, the additional blow to the second row options sees Director of Rugby Rassie Erasmus call on the services of Sharks lock Jean Deysel on a three-month loan.
Did anyone really believe he was a lock?!
I either dont think they did and or other players were going to have to move
or he was stopgap

Think TOD just rested/rotated for this one
AFAIK Copeland and posibly Madigan are injured
Chisholm is well documented
Wycherley is too young/small
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Copeland played AIL today, as did Wycherley and Coombes.
Madigan & Chisholm both played A game last week, as did Darren O'Shea.

Deysel was signed as a 'lock' replacement for Kleyn. Isn't it fine and dandy to be able to sign a Saffer backrow and say he's a lock, the play him in the backrow? :lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Timbit wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Deysel was signed as a 'lock' replacement for Kleyn. Isn't it fine and dandy to be able to sign a Saffer backrow and say he's a lock, the play him in the backrow? :lol:
Bet you fifty quid Garry will play out of position for Leinster. You want to sign up to it?
Garry?
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I think you mean Fardy. And no, that won't happen. We have so many back rowers he just won't be needed.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Why are people getting so worked up over this.

So Munster are clearly missing 2 of their beat locks and we're granted by the clubs owners to sign a temp signing.
Instead if using him at lock, they decided to play a home grown player there instead, and use the temp lock signing in the back row to give lads a much needed rest.

In this scenario, Munster have given a home grown player so needed game time, and other players a much needed rest, along with getting the temp signing some minutes in his legs.

Munster, like Leinster, will need to use their squad very wisely over the next few weeks. They need to give certain players some time off, and give others some game time to develop and add options.
Given Munster's problem at lock, Doc may well be a good bench option to cover 4, 5 and 6 with JOD covering 7 and 8.

Scannell may be required to move to out half, so Munster need to cover that eventually by having Taute and Saili playing together.

I think posters are looking for ways to feel offended, or have a sly dig at Munster, but they are not looking objectively.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote:Why are people getting so worked up over this.

So Munster are clearly missing 2 of their beat locks and we're granted by the clubs owners to sign a temp signing.
Instead if using him at lock, they decided to play a home grown player there instead, and use the temp lock signing in the back row to give lads a much needed rest.

In this scenario, Munster have given a home grown player so needed game time, and other players a much needed rest, along with getting the temp signing some minutes in his legs.

Munster, like Leinster, will need to use their squad very wisely over the next few weeks. They need to give certain players some time off, and give others some game time to develop and add options.
Given Munster's problem at lock, Doc may well be a good bench option to cover 4, 5 and 6 with JOD covering 7 and 8.

Scannell may be required to move to out half, so Munster need to cover that eventually by having Taute and Saili playing together.

I think posters are looking for ways to feel offended, or have a sly dig at Munster, but they are not looking objectively.
Think you might be reacting to some fishing :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

P$'t
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Didn't Garry play 12 for Ireland in one of he November games?

Duncan Williams has come along leaps and bounds for Munster. His pass for the ROM disallowed try was class. I don't think ROM's moment can quite be compared to Le Roux as he had a chap hanging out of his arm.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

bit of a difference between AIL and HC (or Glasgow) and theres matter of fitness at time of signings, may have been off with injury stuff

know theyre not playing this lock at lock but Im ok with it (this season) and am pretty sure he wont make 23 when theyre going full metal jacket

cant remember who said it but Scannell is just ordinary rest, he'll be back too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neiliog93 wrote:I think you mean Fardy. And no, that won't happen. We have so many back rowers he just won't be needed.
Fardy probably will at some point, but not much and possibly more centred about having him cover lock bench from 6.

Regardless he's in quota. We're not signing him on a pretext of emergency need based on an injury crisis and then deciding he's a luxury in the position of need. He simply doesn't belong in this discussion.

If you want backup for existing options you don't hire a high level international.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I think you mean Fardy. And no, that won't happen. We have so many back rowers he just won't be needed.
Fardy probably will at some point, but not much and possibly more centred about having him cover lock bench from 6.

Regardless he's in quota. We're not signing him on a pretext of emergency need based on an injury crisis and then deciding he's a luxury in the position of need. He simply doesn't belong in this discussion.

If you want backup for existing options you don't hire a high level international.
Exactly.

Munster signing a lock injury joker was funny enough, considering they're already covered there and that's their 10th foreign player this year.
But signing another SA backrow, calling him a lock and then playing him at backrow really takes the biscuit!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The Doc wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Why are people getting so worked up over this.

Think you might be reacting to some fishing :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
After reading your post I was in agreement with you, but it appears that after your post a few extras joined the rodeo.
Perhaps they are just rodeo clowns, but they may also just be bulls, seeing little more than a red rag.

If this lad goes on to start ahead of any of Munster's first choice backrow players in a big game, or even bench ahead of a fit JOD then I will join the outrage brigade, but right now they do seem like little more than narrow minded individuals.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Timbit wrote:
Third time the goalposts have been moved in two pages. Impressive. Started with outrage that Jaco played centre, moved on to Sailli and Taute starting, moved on to Deysl playing in backrow, moved again.
Point out where I mentioned Saili or Taute please?