Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by blockhead »

42-19 to Ulster.
Cheetas conceded 19 points during a 10min sinbin in the first half, killed them.
The pace of their backs is frightening.
I think they are going to win a lot of home games and spring some suprises on the road.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Tweet from a SA rugby fan.
Janco van den Berg‏ @jancovdb 3m3 minutes ago
Replying to @PRO14Official @CheetahsRugby @UlsterRugby

Very poor refereeing, hope that's not the benchmark of the pro14 officials.
:oops:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Very credible first outing by Cheetahs but given they are 'in season' well ahead of their opponents this year, I believe that they will have to work hard upfront as Pro14 has a lot of very good forward packs and forward coaches - Rennie, Cockerel, Tandy, Rassie, Cullen, Gibbs and Pivak. However, if they get ball and their half backs improve their back three will open any defence.

Jono Gibbs got a lot of good carries from his back-row last night and Cooney really linked very will with his new No 10 partner.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Warning!
A recent post on UAFC.co.uk.
Re: Mexico 17/18
Post by BaggyTrousers » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:42 am

Jackie Brown wrote:
Nacewa is a hard man to like.
Completely wrong, Jackie, the word you are searching for is "impossible", the fact that he was waved through to a new contract in absolute similar circumstances to Ruan makes me hope he dies soon, the nasty wee clotheslining vicious scumbag.

I may not have mentioned that I hate Mexico.
I used to frequent this site in the past for info and, it has to be said, they had some very amusing posters. However, it seems like the lunatics have taken over now. A lot of posts on that site would be totally unacceptable down here. Jeez, this one above would get you a permanent ban down on Munsterfans to be fair.
This is a reminder of what happens to a forum when the Mods fail to do their job, the extremists come in and fair minded folk leave and don't come back.

I cast no aspersions on the Ulster folk who come down to this site or to Jackie for that matter.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

They went nuts years ago. When they let people like 'baggy trousers' troll every one and write garbage then it was inevitable.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

blockhead wrote:Warning!

Jackie Brown wrote:
Completely wrong, Jackie, the word you are searching for is "impossible", the fact that he was waved through to a new contract in absolute similar circumstances to Ruan makes me hope he dies soon, the nasty wee clotheslining vicious scumbag.

I used to frequent this site in the past for info and, it has to be said, they had some very amusing posters. However, it seems like the lunatics have taken over now. A lot of posts on that site would be totally unacceptable down here. Jeez, this one above would get you a permanent ban down on Munsterfans to be fair.
This is a reminder of what happens to a forum when the Mods fail to do their job, the extremists come in and fair minded folk leave and don't come back.

I cast no aspersions on the Ulster folk who come down to this site or to Jackie for that matter.
Takes a while to get used to but I think most of the stuff like that on UAFC is humour
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

sunshiner1 wrote:They went nuts years ago. When they let people like 'baggy trousers' troll every one and write garbage then it was inevitable.
A thousand times this.

That place will explode if Matawalu ever plays for Glasgow against them again.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Jackie Brown wrote:

I just feel bad for the Mexicans, why hate Mexico when it's such a rich culture which gives so much to the world
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Cause they're all Trump supporters that's why
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

is it better or worse that he means the the Republic when he says Mexico?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

A sombrero used to be de rigeur for the well dressed Leinster fan when visiting Ravenhill
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:A sombrero used to be de rigeur for the well dressed Leinster fan when visiting Ravenhill
will say sombrero instead of chapeau from now on
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:A sombrero used to be de rigeur for the well dressed Leinster fan when visiting Ravenhill
will say sombrero instead of chapeau from now on
Olé!
Anyone But New Zealand
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

leinsterforever wrote:

Jackie Brown wrote:

Takes a while to get used to but I think most of the stuff like that on UAFC is humour
Nail on the head there leinsterforever, it's mostly our style black humour, the same man would drink stout all day with you
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Plus the big false black moustaches :lol: :lol: :lol:
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Anyway back to rugby and we expect a kicking this week by Scarlets, Piutau has a hamstring injury and Coetzee has a knee problem, they expect both back for next week but then again they said last week both were fit and still didn't admit they were injured when the team was announced, said it was rotation.
Scarlets have their Lions players available while we have to wait another 2 weeks for ours.
2 wins so far but not inspiring in any manner with the performances, especially in Treviso on Saturday, they all looked clueless in both attack and defence.
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

John Cooney seems to be settling in reasonably well Rooster?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

betty swallocks wrote:John Cooney seems to be settling in reasonably well Rooster?
Seems to be though tonight is a real big test of how he does behind a retreating pack, expect a pretty heavy loss.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Cooney having a bit of a stormer so far, including the rare spotted chip lift which betrays a Gaelic footballing youth being told to bend yer back. Not a surprise that they aren't missing Piatau, but benches would still be a worry for Ulster tonight.
Last edited by Fan with smartphone on September 15th, 2017, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Just made another superb break. In other news, Beirne looks impressive too.