Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by Peg Leg »

Not guilty with the Presumption of innocence.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:Not guilty with the Presumption of innocence.
The guys went into court innocent until proven guilty.
They weren't found guilty therefore their status didn't change and they are therefore innocent.
The nonsense being pushed now (not by you) is that they are not guilty but somehow or other they're not innocent either.
That's bs and it's a line that is being used simply to have a go.

If time travel was available the court could travel back in time, view the events, decide that the accused was not guilty and yet we'd still be getting the not innocent either bs.

For what it's worth everyone gets the not guilty/innocent nuance so stop beating us all over the head. (Again not you PL).
Grow up, get over yourselves and leave the guys alone to get on with their shattered lives. They've paid a disproportionate price for their indiscretions as it is.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Water under the bridge at this stage. PJ & SO should be let get on with the rest of their careers. They were not guilty of any crime, behavior not up to standard and they paid for that with their Irish careers and reputation - be that right or wrong can be debated till the cows come home.

When the dust settles, it may become clear that the lack of service offered to Ulster Rugby over the last seasons - wages paid, replacements paid for and then contract buy outs will have really cost Ulster and IRFU both on the field and in the pocket. The most expensive private "dalliance" in the history of professional rugby?
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

olaf the fat wrote:Water under the bridge at this stage. PJ & SO should be let get on with the rest of their careers. They were not guilty of any crime, behavior not up to standard and they paid for that with their Irish careers and reputation - be that right or wrong can be debated till the cows come home.

When the dust settles, it may become clear that the lack of service offered to Ulster Rugby over the last seasons - wages paid, replacements paid for and then contract buy outs will have really cost Ulster and IRFU both on the field and in the pocket. The most expensive private "dalliance" in the history of professional rugby?
I'd say that'd be the time Dan Carter rode Perpignan for a cool mil.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Peg Leg wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:Water under the bridge at this stage. PJ & SO should be let get on with the rest of their careers. They were not guilty of any crime, behavior not up to standard and they paid for that with their Irish careers and reputation - be that right or wrong can be debated till the cows come home.

:D this thread is back on track!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
They weren't found guilty therefore their status didn't change and they are therefore innocent.
The nonsense being pushed now (not by you) is that they are not guilty but somehow or other they're not innocent either.

If time travel was available the court could travel back in time, view the events, decide that the accused was not guilty and yet we'd still be getting the not innocent either bs.

For what it's worth everyone gets the not guilty/innocent nuance so stop beating us all over the head. (Again not you PL).
Grow up, get over yourselves and leave the guys alone to get on with their shattered lives. They've paid a disproportionate price for their indiscretions as it is.
Last note on this -

1: I'm not beating anyone over the head with anything here
2: if everyone got the nuance there wouldn’t be any confusion on the terms and what they mean
3: with the bullying tone on display here, perhaps there’s more than one person here needs to grow up and get over themselves
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

Peg Leg wrote:

No that would be the time when Perpignan won their only Top14 title since 1955
Dan Carter may have only played a handful of times but was in Perpignan for most of the season
Coaching, Mentoring etc
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Last note on this -

1: I'm not beating anyone over the head with anything here
2: if everyone got the nuance there wouldn’t be any confusion on the terms and what they mean
3: with the bullying tone on display here, perhaps there’s more than one person here needs to grow up and get over themselves
1. Your lack of self awareness is awesome.
2. Believe me everyone gets the nuance, your lack of awareness and respect for other people's intellect is also awesome.
3. Don't bother with the bullying tone bs. Not interested in moral ground bs high or low.
And the good news my headache is nearly gone.
BTW despite your last note comment you still have the right of reply so don't feel that I'm bullying you into silence.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Whatevs
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Paul Marshall to retire at the end if the season
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:Paul Marshall to retire at the end if the season
He's had a tough time of it lately.
Best of luck to the lad.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... titilDTV-E

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Spiked? If they're defending them then they should be strung up! I'd rather sit in the middle of the Kop reading the S*n wearing a Vote Boris button than read Spiked.
I have Bumbleflex
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Dave Cahill wrote:Spiked? If they're defending them then they should be strung up! I'd rather sit in the middle of the Kop reading the S*n wearing a Vote Boris button than read Spiked.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Unless it's digital and then it's f%~ked.
Anyone But New Zealand
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

FLIP wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Spiked? If they're defending them then they should be strung up! I'd rather sit in the middle of the Kop reading the S*n wearing a Vote Boris button than read Spiked.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Unless it's digital and then it's f%~ked.
Lol

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

You warned me, but I read it anyway :-(

They did get off lightly.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

John Cooney tops the Pro14 stats in
Most Points-160
Most Penalties Converted-30
Most try assists-10
Most clean breaks-24
Most passes-1410

Ruan who?

Amid all that turmoil.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

blockhead wrote:John Cooney tops the Pro14 stats in
Most Points-160
Most Penalties Converted-30
Most try assists-10
Most clean breaks-24
Most passes-1410

Ruan who?

Amid all that turmoil.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

If only Cooney played behind some of the packs Pienaar did...
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Still can't even bench for Ireland

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jackie Brown wrote:Still can't even bench for Ireland

Joe was being considerate to Ulster. If he was with the Ireland camp during the 6N Treviso would be in the playoff spot now.

SUFTBC!