Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by rooster »

suisse wrote:
rooster wrote:Talk that Joey Carbery is heading up here next season
Is he allergic to trophies?
He must be
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/112 ... contracts/

Ireland internationals Luke Marshall, Rob Herring and Kieran Treadwell have all signed three-year contract extensions with Ulster to keep them at Kingspan Stadium until the summer of 2021.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Unfortunately the Leinster production line can't always be the option of first resort for fixing other provinces problems. If anything I think Ian Madigan could be a potential Ulster target depending on how he's getting on at Bristol and if he wants to come back into the Irish mix. The IRFU may make a special effort to make it happen depending on how Paddy Jacksons situation pans out, but I don't think any of the Leinster new blood are on the table.

Steenson is old, but if he's available, he'd be a great signing and a homebody too.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

COYBIB wrote:Unfortunately the Leinster production line can't always be the option of first resort for fixing other provinces problems. If anything I think Ian Madigan could be a potential Ulster target depending on how he's getting on at Bristol and if he wants to come back into the Irish mix. The IRFU may make a special effort to make it happen depending on how Paddy Jacksons situation pans out, but I don't think any of the Leinster new blood are on the table.

Steenson is old, but if he's available, he'd be a great signing and a homebody too.
Don't think either would get what they are in England and unless there's a definitive outcome for PJ there's no reason either would go just to be a placeholder.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Thorn has droped Quade Cooper for next years Super Rugby. Ulster could do worse than drag him up here to replace Lealiifano.
Still only 29.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Steenson would be absolutely mad to go back to Ulster. Moving from an Aviva Prem winning side playing excellent rugby and with a great culture to what would likely be a worse contract in a team at a much lower level.

He'd be 34 if he moved too, so can't see that happening.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:Steenson would be absolutely mad to go back to Ulster. Moving from an Aviva Prem winning side playing excellent rugby and with a great culture to what would likely be a worse contract in a team at a much lower level.

He'd be 34 if he moved too, so can't see that happening.
Steenson won't come back, end of story.
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

Gerry is reporting Jordie Murphy is off to Ulster in the IT. It'll be sad to lose him but it probably the best as he should be able to make himself first choice there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BOD is GOD!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RavenhillRaider wrote:Gerry is reporting Jordie Murphy is off to Ulster in the IT. It'll be sad to lose him but it probably the best as he should be able to make himself first choice there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That would be a steal.
Genuine international class and the sort of player they need.
I'm a big fan and hope it's only a rumour.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Happy for him but gutted for us. Wish him well if true. He seems like an Ulster signing - injury prone.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Fock you Joe Schmidt! This stinks of a "get more GameTime, if you want to contend for a 2019 spot"
SOB and Heaslip schminutes will be few and far between, the medium term lay offs of JVdF and Leavy demonstrate the attritional nature of the back row, there is a starting berth to be fought for here!

I would rather see one of the younger lads go tbh. Jordi is in the prime of his playing career with a team that is contesting finals. Ulster is a backward step for his provincial career (albeit a possible forward step in his national career).
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Jordi confirmed this morning
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

rooster wrote:Jordi confirmed this morning
Ye have got great signing there, injury permitting.
Technically one of the best BRs in the country.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Oldschool wrote:
rooster wrote:Jordi confirmed this morning
Ye have got great signing there, injury permitting.
Technically one of the best BRs in the country.
2 year deal, I'm happy and hope he does well as he should be a starter each match

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Anyone else think Quade Cooper is a cracking fit, little bit of xfactor, real crowd pleaser when on form and would be a good fit pro14 level anyway
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

TerenureJim wrote:Anyone else think Quade Cooper is a cracking fit, little bit of xfactor, real crowd pleaser when on form and would be a good fit pro14 level anyway
Our season could be over before he would arrive

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

rooster wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Anyone else think Quade Cooper is a cracking fit, little bit of xfactor, real crowd pleaser when on form and would be a good fit pro14 level anyway
Our season could be over before he would arrive

Or it mightn't be and then he could end it for you.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I would say no

At best he is a flat track bully
The last thing Ulster's rickety defence needs is a 10 who has to be hidden when they dont have the ball. Plus between him and Luke Marshall thats a lot of brainfarts in midfield

Not sure his history of burglary and boozing fits into their culture either. Cooper is the type of guy that would sulk over the weather and not be able to play because his toes hurt
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

This is fine!

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/7 ... rren-cave/
Darren Cave is a professional rugby player with Ulster Rugby and has been a fan's favourite for many years. He is extremely skillful and has represented his country at the highest level.

Over the past while several Ulster Rugby players have reached, and passed, the milestone of 200 caps for the province. Darren has reached 199 but now seems destined not to move on to the magical figure. Recent opportunities have been thwarted by Ulster Rugby management preferring to use players whose expertise is in other positions.

Fans of Ulster Rugby and of Darren are baffled to say the least. As far as they are aware he is fit and training with the first team squad and indeed Head Coach Jonno Gibbes name checked him earlier this week as being in contention for this weekend's game.

We just want to see justice done and Darren FREED from the ignominy of being stuck forever on 199 caps!!
Apparently Cave "called out" Kiss on the training ground about his defensive system and he's been on the naughty step ever since.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

paddyor wrote:This is fine!

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/7 ... rren-cave/
Darren Cave is a professional rugby player with Ulster Rugby and has been a fan's favourite for many years. He is extremely skillful and has represented his country at the highest level.

Over the past while several Ulster Rugby players have reached, and passed, the milestone of 200 caps for the province. Darren has reached 199 but now seems destined not to move on to the magical figure. Recent opportunities have been thwarted by Ulster Rugby management preferring to use players whose expertise is in other positions.

Fans of Ulster Rugby and of Darren are baffled to say the least. As far as they are aware he is fit and training with the first team squad and indeed Head Coach Jonno Gibbes name checked him earlier this week as being in contention for this weekend's game.

We just want to see justice done and Darren FREED from the ignominy of being stuck forever on 199 caps!!
Apparently Cave "called out" Kiss on the training ground about his defensive system and he's been on the naughty step ever since.
Yeah, that's sure to help his cause!