Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Flash Gordon » July 27th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:Gosh, why not? After us treating his father so well?


Exactly my thoughts. Not only did the IRFU fock over his dad but they also made him live in Wales.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
User avatar
Flash Gordon
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9722
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Location: Up the orse of the tag bunny

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby ronk » July 28th, 2017, 2:26 am

Keatley is facing competition from Hanrahan as backup. One of those going on loan could be a quick fix.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby simonokeeffe » July 28th, 2017, 11:01 am

ronk wrote:Keatley is facing competition from Hanrahan as backup. One of those going on loan could be a quick fix.


Keatley then becomes first player to play for all 4 provinces
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16114
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Ruckedtobits » July 28th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Possibly the most significant Ulster signing in the professional era is Academy First Year player Joe Dunleavy from Letterkenny. He must be the first Donegal rugby player (Letterkenny) signed by the Province in the pro era - and only months after the departure of Allan Clarke, who was not reknowned for his player ID "west of the Bann"

In a different code, it was always said that big Ulstermen only came from Derry and Donegal and there's a lot of footballers to prove that contention.

Good luck to Joe and he'll enjoy the company of Jack Regan from Birr to talk football and hurling on Monday mornings.
Ruckedtobits
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Dave Cahill » July 28th, 2017, 3:17 pm

You obviously never saw an Armagh team up close! :D
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby simonokeeffe » July 28th, 2017, 4:27 pm

RTB launches his bid to be a Fianna Fail councellor
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16114
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby blockhead » July 28th, 2017, 6:38 pm

http://www.the42.ie/jack-regan-greg-jones-leinster-ulster-3519034-Jul2017/

FORMER IRELAND U20 international forwards Jack Regan and Greg Jones have been named on Ulster’s list of year one academy entrants
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Oldschool » July 28th, 2017, 9:07 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:
Hippo wrote:TLDR: Let's all shut up about the case until it concludes


I concur

And on that basis and moving quickly on to matters rugby.
Who will be Ulster's first choice OH and backup - Will they be allowed sign a short term replacement - eg Madigan (Already mentioned) perhaps.
In the Ireland sense who will be the main gainers?
Carberry certainly and his Leinster understudy Byrne who will get even more first team exposure.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10086
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby sunshiner1 » July 29th, 2017, 6:00 am

I'm in genuine shock that someone was able to find out who is in the Ulster Academy! I don't know who Sean Farrell slept with but it was worth it.

Ulster Academy

Year three:

Nick Timoney (back row), Peter Cooper (prop).

Year two:

Jonathan Stewart (scrum-half), Angus Curtis (out-half), Rory Butler (centre), Adam McBurney (hooker), Zach McCall (hooker) Aaron Hall (back row), Marcus Rea (back row).

Year one:

Tom O’Toole (prop), Eric O’Sullivan (prop), Alex Clarke (hooker), Matt Dalton (second row) Jack Regan (second row), John McCusker (second row) Joe Dunleavy (back row) Greg Jones (back row), Michael Lowry (out-half), James Hume (Centre).
sunshiner1
Graduate
 
Posts: 535
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby simonokeeffe » July 29th, 2017, 11:43 am

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Hippo wrote:TLDR: Let's all shut up about the case until it concludes


I concur

And on that basis and moving quickly on to matters rugby.
Who will be Ulster's first choice OH and backup - Will they be allowed sign a short term replacement - eg Madigan (Already mentioned) perhaps.
In the Ireland sense who will be the main gainers?
Carberry certainly and his Leinster understudy Byrne who will get even more first team exposure.


I dont think Madigan is realistic
Marsh or Keatley more likely
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16114
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Laighin Break » July 31st, 2017, 8:29 am

Ruckedtobits wrote:Possibly the most significant Ulster signing in the professional era is Academy First Year player Joe Dunleavy from Letterkenny. He must be the first Donegal rugby player (Letterkenny) signed by the Province in the pro era - and only months after the departure of Allan Clarke, who was not reknowned for his player ID "west of the Bann"

In a different code, it was always said that big Ulstermen only came from Derry and Donegal and there's a lot of footballers to prove that contention.

Good luck to Joe and he'll enjoy the company of Jack Regan from Birr to talk football and hurling on Monday mornings.


Not sure a Donegal lad will have much to say about the small ball.
Laighin Break
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 452
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Ulster 17/18

Postby johng » August 7th, 2017, 10:18 am

I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16710
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby hugonaut » August 7th, 2017, 11:03 am

johng wrote:I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons


Good rumour!

Would like to see Beaver in the league. He's a good player and a great bloke.
User avatar
hugonaut
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4420
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby simonokeeffe » August 7th, 2017, 11:23 am

Thatd be a damn good signing under any circumstances
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16114
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby rooster » August 7th, 2017, 1:27 pm

johng wrote:I hear rumors that Jonno Gibbes is bringing Stephen Donald to Ulster for obvious reasons

I hope it is a hell of a lot more than a rumour, he is out of contract and has not resigned anywhere yet so I live in hope.
The one thing I have heard is we are waiting for Nucifora to sign of permission for a contract and it has been taking a while so it does sound like a NIQ player, I won't be surprised though if it is yet another U20 player or 3rd rate IQ player unknown to us all.
User avatar
rooster
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: July 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby sunshiner1 » August 8th, 2017, 7:34 am

At Donald's age of 33 I think they would allow him in as he wouldn't be blocking any other player for a long time and would steady the boat until the whole legal affair gets sorted one way or another.
sunshiner1
Graduate
 
Posts: 535
Joined: October 13th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby Peg Leg » August 8th, 2017, 9:25 am

sunshiner1 wrote:At Donald's age of 33 I think they would allow him in as he wouldn't be blocking any other player for a long time and would steady the boat until the whole legal affair gets sorted one way or another.
Exactly, just like they did with scrum half.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8070
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Ulster 17/18

Postby Dave Cahill » August 8th, 2017, 9:38 am

They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby rooster » August 8th, 2017, 11:39 am

Dave Cahill wrote:They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
Correct Dave and to make matters worse he was aware of the probable situation we now find ourselves in
User avatar
rooster
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: July 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Postby Dave Cahill » August 8th, 2017, 11:56 am

rooster wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:They could have killed two birds with one stone if Nucifora hadn't been so keen to use Ulster to show the world the size of his mickey.
Correct Dave and to make matters worse he was aware of the probable situation we now find ourselves in


Thats it exactly. He knew that Ulster could well be in this position and still went ahead and got rid of an international outhalf.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20623
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

PreviousNext

Return to General Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], IanD, neiliog93, ronk, Trendiction-Bot [Bot] and 2 guests