Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by FourMasters »

CiaranIrl wrote:Do people think Munster will do it? Racing don't seem as scary as Toulon on paper. I think they could pull it off.

Munster team to play Racing 92: Andrew Conway; Keith Earls, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Alex Wootton; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander. Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, John Ryan, Gerbrandt Grobler, Robin Copeland, James Hart, JJ Hanrahan, Simon Zebo.

Racing 92: Louis Dupichot; Teddy Thomas, Virimi Vakatawa, Henry Chavancy, Marc Andreu; Pat Lambie, Maxime Machenaud; Eddy Ben Arous, Camille Chat, Cedate Gomes Sa, Donnacha Ryan, Leone Nakarawa, Wenceslas Lauret, Bernard Le Roux, Yannick Nyanga. Replacements: Dimitri Szarzewski, Vasil Kakovin, Viliamu Afatia, Antonie Claassen, Baptiste Chouzenoux, Teddy Iribaren, Dan Carter, Joe Rokocoko.
For me, if Jack O'Donoghue has a good game then Munster could do it. Not because the young fella is a world beater, but for me he has been inconsistent and quiet, but when he has a solid game it lets O'Mahony and Stander get the edge in the back row stakes.
Surely Carter and Smokin' Joe should be in slippers at this stage. I watched Carter come off the bench in recent weeks and the Sky commentators had spent the entire match talking about him as if his extraordinary past self would be playing - he came on and had a few perfunctory passes and a little half break that his team mates made something good out of, cue howls from the commentators that we'd witnessed something for the ages.
I'll be delighted if Munster do it: it will p*ss off the idiots who had to trash the original competition, and it moves Ireland one notch further as a heavyweight. If I have to endure a tedious build up to an all-Irish final, I can endure that pain :D 8) :lol:
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I'd be surprised if Munster don't win this game. From a strictly Leinster POV, I hope they are beaten. The emotional sh!t they'll take with them to Bilbao will make them very tough to beat even if they are quite clearly the second best team on the field. Also, much of Leinster's precision came from excellent line out ball. POM will disrupt 2 or 3 of those and make a mess of more. Leinster will suddenly not look as comfortable. I can not see Racing getting near Leinster. So for us, Racing win is better imo
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

suisse wrote:I'd be surprised if Munster don't win this game. From a strictly Leinster POV, I hope they are beaten. The emotional sh!t they'll take with them to Bilbao will make them very tough to beat even if they are quite clearly the second best team on the field. Also, much of Leinster's precision came from excellent line out ball. POM will disrupt 2 or 3 of those and make a mess of more. Leinster will suddenly not look as comfortable. I can not see Racing getting near Leinster. So for us, Racing win is better imo
All of that is totally logical and true.... but I still want to play Munster in Bilbao.

I want to rub the oligarchs noses in it by having two Irish sides play in the final of their own “hand made” competition- and I want to take all of the emotional baggage from our southern brothers and beat them. Be all the sweeter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Best of luck today lads. Another all ireland final would be great.
I think Munster will be too clever and clinical for these french flowers today.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote:Best of luck today lads. Another all ireland final would be great.
I think Munster will be too clever and clinical for these french flowers today.
+1
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Well I didn't expect this...

Thought Racing would win but that it would be a really tight game. Munster look absolutely shattered...losing collisions, standing on their heels the whole time, not even chasing down the conversions...
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Fair to say, Teddy Thomas is dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can't get over how tired Munster look. Kleyn was walking around for most of that half, POM fell off a heap of tackles, even Murray looks jaded and is making errors.

A dreadful half for the coaches as well. The players clearly aren't executing but trying the fancy lineout at the start, turning down points, trying to set up a maul off the scrum...suicidal stuff.

How can you have a scrum on the 5 with the last play of the half and not resource the ruck from what was a simple ball to your 12 on the crash ball? Stander seemed to be the only forward who knew that was happening and eve then he was too slow to get across.

Maybe it's a combination of the travelling from SA and then having to head to France and play in the heat, but whatever it is it was a pathetic first half.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Another highlight was JOD going in to join a maul but the ball going off the top and just hitting him in the head.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Munster not at the racing at all, sorry had to be said.
Heads are not in the right place and I suspect the trip to sa has something to do with that. Two wins against 2 poor teams and a bit of a holiday with it.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Munsters most glaring lack for years had been at out half. Could do with paddy jackson and f¿Ck BOI
Last edited by tomthefan on April 22nd, 2018, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No reason was specified.

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tomthefan wrote:Munster not at the racing at all, sorry had to be said.
Heads are not in the right place and I suspect the trip to sa has something to do with that. Two wins against 2 poor teams and a bit of a holiday with it.
Not just the trip to SA but playing at altitude last was a game that the first reamers shouldn't have had anything to do with. Especially the pack.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tomthefan wrote:Munsters most glaring lack for years had been at out half.
And JJ wasn't and isnt going to be the answer.
Ian Madigan would be streets of what they have.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Oldschool wrote:
tomthefan wrote:Munsters most glaring lack for years had been at out half.
And JJ wasn't and isnt going to be the answer.
Ian Madigan would be streets of what they have.
Absolutely agree with that.
No reason was specified.

tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Scores in garbage time flatter Munster
No reason was specified.

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Maybe we should send them Sexton, Carbery, and Ross Byrne. Both Munster tens were awful, JJ isn't the first cousin of a ten and I'll never understand how he/others think that he is.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

POM's stats this week?

8 carries for 4 metres, 2 tackles, 2 missed.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The Keatley/Scannell drop goal thing was the most bizarre moment in a half of strange moments. IIRC they'd just turned down a penalty.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

wixfjord wrote:POM's stats this week?

You'd have to allow a player the odd poor game, it's the ones for whom it's more the norm that are killing us.
wixfjord wrote:The Keatley/Scannell drop goal thing was the most bizarre moment in a half of strange moments. IIRC they'd just turned down a penalty.
Utterly bizarre, we need a new OH and Keatley needs to move on.
No reason was specified.

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

tomthefan wrote:
wixfjord wrote:POM's stats this week?

You'd have to allow a player the odd poor game, it's the ones for whom it's more the norm that are killing us.
wixfjord wrote:The Keatley/Scannell drop goal thing was the most bizarre moment in a half of strange moments. IIRC they'd just turned down a penalty.
Utterly bizarre, we need a new OH and Keatley needs to move on.
Keatley's going to get it in the neck again...
Dont Panic!