Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by blockhead »

OTT wrote:Munster getting rogered by TMO and ref. Two shockers so far. The chip is well earned this evening.
A bit Spain V Belguim there for a while alright.
Thanks Munster.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
RAILWAY1
Learner

Post by RAILWAY1 »

Hopefully someone like Gerry Flannery or Felix uses the performance of Mitrea and the TMO to stir up the siege mentality that brings out the best in Munster before Toulon get here next week. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Munster have been a real enigma this season.
A tendency to just not show up from time to time but when the big European games come along they've looked a very tough nut to crack.
If the Europe Munster show up (I think they will) then Toulon will have a problem.
Earls is a loss.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

blockhead wrote:
OTT wrote:Munster getting rogered by TMO and ref. Two shockers so far. The chip is well earned this evening.
Thanks Munster.
It's certainly a long time since I felt in their debt, to this extent. Well done Munster, welcome back.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Thanks Munster.
It's certainly a long time since I felt in their debt, to this extent. Well done Munster, welcome back.

To be fair to the ref, he did give the last try to Munster from the most forward pass you'll see all season. :)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

"Munster" are apparently signing yet another Saffer on yet another short term contract as injury cover
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Have WADA been infomed?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol:
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dave Cahill wrote:"Munster" are apparently signing yet another Saffer on yet another short term contract as injury cover

Hmmm!!!

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Xanthippe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:"Munster" are apparently signing yet another Saffer on yet another short term contract as injury cover

Hmmm!!!

Must be some kind of medical joker exception hidden in the regs somewhere
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Didn't Munster announce they'd signed a couple of Saffers before the rule change on qualification by residency several months after the rule change for qualification by residency?

Perhaps they will do the same here...
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

TerenureJim wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

Hmmm!!!

Must be - now if only we could get a copy of the full rules. I've requested a copy every season for the past four or five seasons and to date have not even received an acknowledgement of my request
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

TerenureJim wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

Hmmm!!!

Must be - now if only we could get a copy of the full rules. I've requested a copy every season for the past four or five seasons and to date have not even received an acknowledgement of my request
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

fourthirtythree wrote:Didn't Munster announce they'd signed a couple of Saffers before the rule change on qualification by residency several months after the rule change for qualification by residency?

Perhaps they will do the same here...
Don't think you need to announce anything. Just proof that they were resident in Ireland before 1st Jan. 2018.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

TerenureJim wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

Hmmm!!!

I'd guess the purpose of that rule is to stop clubs doing something like Munster signing Jacob Stockdale on loan for the business end of the season since Ulster are out of contention now. There should not be a problem with bringing in cover for what is obvious injury problems.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

O'Donoghue in at 7 stirkes me as a gamble. I'd rather have gone with Oliver. I think this decision might come back and bite Munster hard. Hope I'm wrong though.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

sunshiner1 wrote:O'Donoghue in at 7 stirkes me as a gamble. I'd rather have gone with Oliver. I think this decision might come back and bite Munster hard. Hope I'm wrong though.
+1. On the button with this comment. Good small ground-hogs are usually under appreciated until you've been schooled by one. Cloute would have been selected but maybe they saw the contest as versus Bastareaud and decided Oliver wasn't strong enough.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:O'Donoghue in at 7 stirkes me as a gamble. I'd rather have gone with Oliver. I think this decision might come back and bite Munster hard. Hope I'm wrong though.
+1. On the button with this comment. Good small ground-hogs are usually under appreciated until you've been schooled by one. Cloute would have been selected but maybe they saw the contest as versus Bastareaud and decided Oliver wasn't strong enough.
I think they made the right call. Watching Underhill getting smashed all over the place in Twickenham was the opposite side of the coin to what you're describing.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Don't know what would have been the right call but there was talk of moving O'Mahony there. Moving the Ireland 6 or 8 doesn't make sense to me so this is a better option, JOD's career has stalled from his early promise. It would be great if he came through today.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They need him to play like Leamy did when he first broke through as a seven but I just don't see him as being capable of that. I think they should have at least put Oliver on the bench (even though he wasn't particularly good in the A game) so that they had the option to change things.

My gut says that Munster will miss a genuine openside and that Conway and Zebo wouldn't be playing if it was a league fixture, and I can see Toulon winning.