Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by simonokeeffe »

From Sales website

Commenting on the news, Mike said: "Obviously it was a very, very difficult decision. I've spent many happy years here at Sale but after lots of careful thought I just felt that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity I had to take.

I have a strong family connections with Munster and used to go there all the time when I was younger and being eligible to play for Ireland was another big factor.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave 'The Iceman' Cahill
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Seems like a good signing, I'd say Exeter was not really a runner as he sees a better chance of becoming an Irish international than an English one. Fair enough
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I got no problem with the signing. I'm just annoyed at the favouritism played by the IRFU towards Munster. I should be used to it at this stage but it still rankles.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

They need to fill the White Elephant
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Munster game v Edinburgh now off as well.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

kermischocolate wrote:Munster game v Edinburgh now off as well.
Now being played on St Patrick's weekend.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neill_m wrote:
Same weekend as Ireland Scotland was free I think and wouldve been more marketable
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simonokeeffe wrote:
neill_m wrote:
Same weekend as Ireland Scotland was free I think and wouldve been more marketable
Games are in different countries though
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Timbit wrote:Munster sign a young IQ fullback with money saved on Zebo. Babbling brook think this is hard on Connacht and it's exceptionalism. Ye lads have gone very weird.
Will they ever be happy. :D
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

neill_m wrote:
Scheduled for a midnight kick off according to Pro14 website
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Laighin Break wrote:
neill_m wrote:
Scheduled for a midnight kick off according to Pro14 website
Given that's "Super Saturday" in the 6N, Friday night (16th) would seem likely.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Games are in different countries though
Thought theyd no games left in Musgrave this season...

Know its in Scotland but Pro 14 sides meeting same weekend as national sides is an easy gimmick and good chance of carry over coverage even if its just mentions in pieces
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Timbit wrote:Munster sign a young IQ fullback with money saved on Zebo. Babbling brook think this is hard on Connacht and it's exceptionalism. Ye lads have gone very weird.
Going to be a time, pretty soon, that there won't be a Limerick player in the Munster 23. South Africa, Leinster and even Ulster will constitute the rump of the squad.
Farrell's injury is a real sickener. MOM in a 6ns game, finally a breakthrough for the lad then he's out until next season.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
RAILWAY1
Learner

Post by RAILWAY1 »

It just goes to show we are a very welcoming bunch down here in the South, and don't forget Muster isn't just Limerick but the other five counties as well. Now while population means Leinster (Dublin) has a much bigger pick than the other provinces it means we have to be a bit more creative in supplementing our squad with Southern Hemisphere cousins.
The conveyor belt in Munster would be more productive if Munster Rugby took off their blinkers and looked at the age grade club players coming through instead of concentrating on the schools set up
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Timbit » March 1st, 2018, 10:41 am
Munster sign a young IQ fullback with money saved on Zebo. Babbling brook think this is hard on Connacht and it's exceptionalism. Ye lads have gone very weird.
You bought him out of his contract a year early so how did you save money?! :roll:

As for thinking its exceptionalism you are correct. I do. No province except yours would be given the cash to do this as you utterly mismanaged yourselves for years meaning the brave and faithful stayed away in droves. The IRFU now need to keep you relatively successful so they can get some money back from the loans they gave you for the debt star.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Timbit wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:
by Timbit » March 1st, 2018, 10:41 am
Munster sign a young IQ fullback with money saved on Zebo. Babbling brook think this is hard on Connacht and it's exceptionalism. Ye lads have gone very weird.
You bought him out of his contract a year early so how did you save money?! :roll:

As for thinking its exceptionalism you are correct. I do. No province except yours would be given the cash to do this as you utterly mismanaged yourselves for years meaning the brave and faithful stayed away in droves. The IRFU now need to keep you relatively successful so they can get some money back from the loans they gave you for the debt star.
Im not sure I've ever seen a post before that had so much impressively wrong with it. From attendances to finances. So much wrong it hurts my eyes.
Prove it wrong with reputable sources then.
Anyone But New Zealand
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

FLIP wrote:
Timbit wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote: You bought him out of his contract a year early so how did you save money?! :roll:

Im not sure I've ever seen a post before that had so much impressively wrong with it. From attendances to finances. So much wrong it hurts my eyes.
Prove it wrong with reputable sources then.
The gish gallop.

Why not ask the previous poster to do likewise?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Munster have been in the market for a fullback ahead of Simon Zebo’s impending departure for Racing 92, and as reported by The42 yesterday, the IRFU’s IQ Rugby programme played a central role in the province’s capture of Haley.

“We are delighted to recruit an exciting young playmaker such as Mike,” Johann van Graan said.

“At 23, he has over six years of professional rugby under his belt and will be a great addition to our squad.”

Sale director of rugby Steve Diamond expressed his disappointment to see Haley leave the club, but said he would not stand in the player’s way of playing international rugby for Ireland.

“It has been a really difficult decision to let Mike go with us having brought him through from being a teenager and with Mike having a year left on his contract with the club,” Diamond said.
There you go. Enjoy. Or do you think that Sale Sharks let him go for free? :lol:

Also:
Only 7.200 supporters attended Munster's victory over Ulster in the Guinness Pro12 two weeks ago. Afterwards, Anthony Foley bemoaned the paltry attendance.

He told the Irish Independent;

It is disappointing that the crowd was what it was. The umbilical chord has always been there between Munster and our supporters. It's important people come and support us.

You've got to come and sample it. Watching it on TV is only armchair stuff - you've got to come here and feel it. It's important for Limerick that everyone comes out and supports the game. It's a big stadium that needs filling and it's a great atmosphere.