Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by simonokeeffe »

It was a reckless red card offence but a red nonetheless

Zebo threw enough aimless offloads and kicked badly often enough to reinforce Joe's beliefs
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

While the extra money would be important it's also very likely that ambition plays a part.
A realistic view of Munster's chances would suggest it's unlikely that they will win any trophies any time soon.
That being the case Munster's best players are likely to seek success elsewhere.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Murray in the papers hopes he'll get to see Zebo come to wear green yer
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RoboProp wrote:Murray in the papers hopes he'll get to see Zebo come to wear green yer
Is he going to play away from home for Pau?
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

RoboProp wrote:Murray in the papers hopes he'll get to see Zebo come to wear green yer
Well they are mates and he is allowed move back
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

He’ll be fit to wear the number 3 shirt after 2 years of haute cuisine :)
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
He’ll be fit to wear the number 3 shirt after 2 years of haute cuisine :)
He's not allowed in the union, he hasn't paid his dues :lol:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

This Zedbo quote irked me
"At least I've the balls to do it and I won't shirk away from a challenge. I won't look back on my career with any regret."

It doesn't take much to sign on the dotted line. Look I get it, it's a pro game but don't make it out like you're taking Omaha beach. RoboGranPops was a turret gunner in WW2 and was a modest family man. He'd never had made such a claim. Get over yourself Si.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:This Zedbo quote irked me
"At least I've the balls to do it and I won't shirk away from a challenge. I won't look back on my career with any regret."

It doesn't take much to sign on the dotted line. Look I get it, it's a pro game but don't make it out like you're taking Omaha beach. RoboGranPops was a turret gunner in WW2 and was a modest family man. He'd never had made such a claim. Get over yourself Si.
Well if you're comparing everything to Gdad on omaha beach, then we're all likely to come off 2nd best.
But viewed as its own thing, its more interesting to think that it takes "balls" to sign a lucrative, money first, contract, rather than do the (actually ballsy) standard. Stay and fight for a seat at the highest table.
I'd argue it takes less balls to go and more to stay. However, what he is doing is perfectly sensible.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Very interesting RB.
Met a guy a couple of years ago in Nashville airport who was a gunner in a gunship helicopter during the Vietnam War.
Scary stuff and a man with balls of steel I reckon.
A real cool dude too.
A turret gunner in a Flying Fortress would be right up there.
I hope he's still alive and if not that you got to hear RGP's story from the man himself.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote:

Very interesting RB.
Met a guy a couple of years ago in Nashville airport who was a gunner in a gunship helicopter during the Vietnam War.
Scary stuff and a man with balls of steel I reckon.
A real cool dude too.
A turret gunner in a Flying Fortress would be right up there.
I hope he's still alive and if not that you got to hear RGP's story from the man himself.
Long passed away now. So few of those boys left. I suppose that's just something that has always stuck with me some of the toughest punters I know or have known were always unassuming sorts. I think lippy braggarts are just that. As an aside were lucky to make Normandy in 84 as a family for the 40th. Fond memories...even if some old biddies were gonna call the gendarme on 10 year old RP! That's another story for another day :lol:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The real reason the gunners were there was to draw the fire. Limited number of passes the fighters had. The bombers regularly came home full of holes and sloshing with blood as the gunners were killed but the damage to the planes was minimal.

http://rjgeib.com/thoughts/gunner/gunner.html

Brutal mathematics.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

fourthirtythree wrote:The real reason the gunners were there was to draw the fire. Limited number of passes the fighters had. The bombers regularly came home full of holes and sloshing with blood as the gunners were killed but the damage to the planes was minimal.

http://rjgeib.com/thoughts/gunner/gunner.html

Brutal mathematics.
I saw somewhere they had lowest survival rate of the crew. They did insane things like mask their face with antifreeze, and were often squeegeed out the plexiglass if hit by 30 or 50 cal rounds. Crazy stuff.
Luckily he made it home, my mom says her first memory was meeting her dad for the first time when he came back from the war. My gran was pregnant with my mom when he shipped out. Madness.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Insanely dangerous. Read Randall Jarrell's footnote to his poem there.He was a navigator so up in the part of the planes with armour.

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2013/05/23 ... ship-bias/
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Conway gets a weeks detention with no car, tv or phone privileges
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:Conway gets a weeks detention with no car, tv or phone privileges
1 week is probably about right.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster - S Zebo; D Sweetnam, C Farrell, R Scannell, A Wootton; JJ Hanrahan, D Williams; L O'Connor, R Marshall, S Archer; J Kleyn, B Holland; J O'Donoghue, C Cloete, R Copeland.

Reps: K O'Byrne, J Cronin, B Scott, D O'Shea, M Flanagan, J Hart, I Keatley, S Arnold.
Team for game v Dragons in muzzer (thats in Cork).
Not a Limerick man in sight as far as I can see.
When did that last happen?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

New signing Cloete arrives. Hart’s move not going too well for him so far.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ronk wrote:New signing Cloete arrives. Hart’s move not going too well for him so far.
I had forgotten about him until this. Yeah hes approaching Clinton Hubbert territory
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Supposedly Racing have won the bidding for Zebo's hand. Hasn't being confirmed yet but it seems to be known among folks down south.