Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

TerenureJim wrote:
blockhead wrote:According to the OTB lads tonight, they have been getting dogs abuse from Munster fans. Accusing them ( and the rest of the D4/Leinster media) of being anti-Munster and if it was Leinster who had signed a doper there would not have been a peep. :roll:
Lenihan,Wood,Toland and O'Leary pretty much agree with the OTB stance and all think that he should never don the red jersey.
OTB probably deserve a bit of a kicking, instead of rational discussion they ratcheted up the indignation like they were dealing with pro cycling, this from a station who are giving George Hook a second chance?

Hey Ger how come you don't talk to Gerry anymore? How come you don't talk to any journo from the IT? What's that Ger? Silence is deafening, guess your towing that party line you accused the Munster players and management of, hmm funny how that goes in the professional world.....
+1
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

+1 to TJ

Academy and sub academy are different. One of the clues is their different names.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Betts leaving Leicester Tigers next season. Anyone see him in the Castres game? Was he any good?

http://sportinglimerick.com/exclusive-b ... ar-future/
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its hard for people from small provincial towns to realise how cosmopolitan a modern multicultural european capital city is. He won't be the first person to come over here and play a bit of rugby (Aaron Mauger anybody) and he won't be the last.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just yesterday Dave Cahill wrote:
Finally, in desperation, they're reduced to whataboutism as regards other players or other forms of behaviour - the Godwin's law of the social media age.
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Timbit wrote:Oh so sub academy is fine then. No outrage about the Leinster lad who didn't get a spot.

You massive hypocrites. Cheers for the personal abuse as well.
Dont think theres even a limit to the sub academy numbers, then literally nobody is missing out.

Even if there is theres still 40 or 50 Leinster guys getting a shot in the sub academy
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote:According to the OTB lads tonight, they have been getting dogs abuse from Munster fans. Accusing them ( and the rest of the D4/Leinster media) of being anti-Munster and if it was Leinster who had signed a doper there would not have been a peep. :roll:
Lenihan,Wood,Toland and O'Leary pretty much agree with the OTB stance and all think that he should never don the red jersey.
those D4 Leinster centric meedja putting the boot in on Newstalk :mrgreen:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Timbit wrote:Oh so sub academy is fine then. No outrage about the Leinster lad who didn't get a spot.

You massive hypocrites. Cheers for the personal abuse as well.
rein it in a bit Timbit can ye? - if you think someone has abused you fairynuff but kindly don't go about generalising everyone on this Forum as a single hive mind.

thanks etc...
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Finally, in desperation, they're reduced to whataboutism as regards other players or other forms of behaviour - the Godwin's law of the social media age.
Whataboutism seems to be the theme atm. I had a look down on MFs during the week because of the whole doping "scandal". Even though it was a Munster V Meeja sh*tstorm, somehow poor oul Leinster managed to get its name dragged into every 3rd or 4th post. They're obsessed with all things Leinster/Dublin/Pale/Heaslip.
A bit sad really, they have good things going on down there, like the Burren and stuff.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

blockhead wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Whataboutism seems to be the theme atm. I had a look down on MFs during the week because of the whole doping "scandal". Even though it was a Munster V Meeja sh*tstorm, somehow poor oul Leinster managed to get its name dragged into every 3rd or 4th post. They're obsessed with all things Leinster/Dublin/Pale/Heaslip.
A bit sad really, they have good things going on down there, like the Burren and stuff.
That's the thing that's a bit disturbing. They're completely obsessed with Leinster over there. They go on and on in a sort of creepy, paranoid way.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
those D4 Leinster centric meedja putting the boot in on Newstalk :mrgreen:
Cork Con Mafia always the real villians
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Match delayed until 4 due to weather
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

ronk wrote:Match delayed until 4 due to weather
But Leicester v Racing on now.

Now until 6 months ago I would have shrugged my shoulders. Now surely somehow they are cheating. Only a DOPE can't see that.

Seriously though Munster will have some advantage kicking off after the other match finished.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

One thing really stood out for me when Joe Molloy interviewed O'Connor and Wood. He seemed to be referencing an article someone had written and was talking about how the argument that "everyone is doing it", in relation to something as "insidious" as employing a drug cheat, is wrong. It's very, very wrong. Very wrong.

I wish they'd use the language when it comes to Project Players. O'Connor said this SA guy is a PP. The continued pilfering of talent developed abroad to represent Ireland is "insidious" and can not be justified because "everyone else is doing it." We're trying to gain an unfair advantage over countries by going abroad to recruit players to play for Ireland. And we're also directly weakening that country (SA) by taking another player they developed. It's okay cos other countries are doing it. It is utterly wrong.

Listening to Browne sort of say that there are issues in SA sport when it comes to steroids is also brutal. Stop going down there and tapping up guys to play for Ireland.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IanD wrote:

Now until 6 months ago I would have shrugged my shoulders. Now surely somehow they are cheating. Only a DOPE can't see that.

Seriously though Munster will have some advantage kicking off after the other match finished.
I dont think theyre getting much of an edge purely as they have such a gimme fixtute
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

simonokeeffe wrote:
IanD wrote:

I dont think theyre getting much of an edge purely as they have such a gimme fixtute

Apart from the fact they can now decide whether to finish as 3rd or 4th seeds. Cute hoorism at it's worst.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Well done to Munster and their fans.
Great result.
Looking forward to meeting you in the final, hopefully.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Castres conceded 19 penalties at the weekend! [source: http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats? ... gue=271937 ].
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Duncan Casey is off to Grenoble. Could be as early as next week.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Not that it was the only reason but that sequence of scrums in the 2nd half that lead to their 2nd? YC really knocked the stuffing out of the Castres forwards.
Their forwards were dragging themselves around the pitch after that.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.