Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by dropkick »

mildlyinterested wrote:
dropkick wrote:
Fan with smartphone wrote:Was impressed with Jack Stafford at the weekend. Didn’t get long, maybe wrong to form an opinion on a few minutes v Zebre, but looked sharp and snappy.

He looked good in those few minutes alright. Quick, nice passing and a gem of a kick. Only converted to scrum half at 19 apparently.
A good wexford man.

A good Lunster man. :wink:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The South African Super Rugby team Golden Lions have confirmed that their defence coach, JP Ferreira, is in negotiations with Munster about filling the defence coach role.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

blockhead wrote:The South African Super Rugby team Golden Lions have confirmed that their defence coach, JP Ferreira, is in negotiations with Munster about filling the defence coach role.
There's gonna be springboks grazing down by the Shannon before next summer at this rate of migration.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

After watching the highlights of the Ospreys - Munster game two things struck me.

1. Someone needs to show/tell the Ospreys what rucking is.
2. Cloete is a beast of a man. Those arms looked huge.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

sunshiner1 wrote:After watching the highlights of the Ospreys - Munster game two things struck me.

some juice in those arms
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

sunshiner1 wrote:After watching the highlights of the Ospreys - Munster game two things struck me.

Only saw the second half but the Ospreys really were pathetic.

Great to see Sam Arnold back and he looked quick and powerful, hope he stays fit, big opportunity for him now with the injuries they have.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peter O'Money.
Just thought I'd get ahead of the posse, for once.
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

blockhead wrote:Peter O'Money.
To paraphrase POM
It’s all about the money
I have a short career
I don’t care about Munster
Or Ireland for that matter
It’s just business
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

O'M€rc€nary is better
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
OSS
Beginner

Post by OSS »

paddyor wrote:
O'M€rc€nary is better
To be fair at least he’s being a lot more honest about the whole situation than Rassie Erasmus was
Temporary Profile, locked out of permanent profile
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

paddyor wrote:
O'M€rc€nary is better
Actually, that is better. Fup ye!

Peter O'Momoney?
Anybody, anybody?

Where's my coat.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Peter O'verrated is still the GOAT for me.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

A bit harsh guys. POM gives it his all.
He's not the player he used to be and he must be aware of that.
As a result it's now or never for him.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Oldschool wrote:A bit harsh guys. POM gives it his all.
He's not the player he used to be and he must be aware of that.
As a result it's now or never for him.
Who doesn't give it "his all"? Is POM special in this regard?

For any player wanting to leave, this is the most opportune time to do so. Just say the Union haven't offered you your value, sign a deal with Racing, and then watch as sales of pitch forks in and around Lansdowne Road go through the roof. For all the talk about making exceptions for players or its a DISGRACE the IRFU won't match the external bids, no-one is really saying POM has to leave. He doesn't have to sign that contract. If you wanna know why he's not in the team should he move, there's only one person to ask.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Do you really think he's not the player he was? Even at only 28? And his recent Lions heroics (dropped or not dropped). I'm not asking aggressively, you might be right (in which case he should definitely cut and run for the money abroad), but what are you basing that claim on?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Wouldn't begrudge POM leaving for a big pay check, as Darce said in the Times yesterday, his negotiating power will be severely diminished next year. Of course if Munster's finances weren't such a clusterfock they might be able to top up the IRFU offer.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

The problem with O'Mahony is that nobody can ever point to real world examples of why he's good. Like, a proper Murray Kinsella analysis of his impact. Tackles, interventions, linocut disruption etc. I'd love to see one. The suspicion remains that O'Mahony gets respect because of the way he carries himself. Angry, intense, glaring etc. Sure, he's a good player. But is he worth breaking the bank for? I don't think so.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Timbit wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:The problem with O'Mahony is that nobody can ever point to real world examples of why he's good. Like, a proper Murray Kinsella analysis of his impact. Tackles, interventions, linocut disruption etc. I'd love to see one. The suspicion remains that O'Mahony gets respect because of the way he carries himself. Angry, intense, glaring etc. Sure, he's a good player. But is he worth breaking the bank for? I don't think so.
http://www.the42.ie/ireland-peter-omaho ... 6-Oct2015/
http://www.the42.ie/analysis-peter-omah ... 1-Feb2014/
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/analysis ... ime-143185
We'll colour me surprised so. I'll have a read.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:Do you really think he's not the player he was? Even at only 28? And his recent Lions heroics (dropped or not dropped). I'm not asking aggressively, you might be right (in which case he should definitely cut and run for the money abroad), but what are you basing that claim on?
Ok you got me.
He was never that good in the first place and he's been in decline almost as long as Jamie, relatively speaking.
I just didn't want to upset anyone by saying what I really thought so I "Fake News" it instead.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Interesting quotes from Agent Oliver.
O’Mahony and Stander could be on their way out at that stage, but Oliver says there unseen factors at play behind the scenes.

“There is a lot of factors to take into account, people have families, and in rugby it’s not a long career either,” said Oliver.

“There are a lot of variables that goes into a player leaving. I don’t think it’s just him deciding to go because he has had enough.

“There are some things that people might not know about behind the scenes that are going to encourage him to leave.”
What could he mean?

And about Jordi's move.
“It’s going to be a really good move for him. He is going to play a lot more rugby than he might have got to play in Leinster.
“It’s great to see players still wanting to stay in Ireland and not taking the option to go to France or England, and compete for that Irish jersey.”
Ouch!