Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by dropkick »

Regarding the stadium, if ye're saying Munster were badly run then I agree. It took some doing to not capitalise on what Munster had but they managed it. Looking ahead, it seems to be sorted now as the loan period has been extended. I'm not saying its right or wrong just that its good for Munster.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

dropkick wrote:Regarding the stadium, if ye're saying Munster were badly run then I agree. It took some doing to not capitalise on what Munster had but they managed it. Looking ahead, it seems to be sorted now as the loan period has been extended. I'm not saying its right or wrong just that its good for Munster.
But bad for the rest of the provinces, no?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

blockhead wrote:
dropkick wrote:Regarding the stadium, if ye're saying Munster were badly run then I agree. It took some doing to not capitalise on what Munster had but they managed it. Looking ahead, it seems to be sorted now as the loan period has been extended. I'm not saying its right or wrong just that its good for Munster.

How so?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I have recollections of us not getting some monies from the IRFU due to the Munster debt issue. Last year or maybe the year before. Not sure on the details tbh.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

http://www.the42.ie/johann-van-graan-mu ... 0-Oct2017/

Whats are the odds on lasting over two seasons?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

dropkick wrote:
blockhead wrote:

How so?
Well Munster came into profit this year after additional investment from the IRFU which AFAIK ran up a similar sized loss.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From the Munster website.
This appointment has resulted in the restructuring of the coaching ticket, with Johann taking on the same responsibilities as Rassie Erasmus. Johann will work alongside Rassie, subject to work permits which the province hopes will be attained by mid- November, to ensure a seamless transition.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

I wish I had the same rugby knowledge as the posters' here have!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

rookie wrote:I wish I had the same rugby knowledge as the posters' here have!
We weren't talking about rugby actually. When you self own that hard does it leave a mark?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

rookie wrote:I wish I had the same rugby knowledge as the posters' here have!
Well you'll have to get up to speed quick rookie, the new boss is a "Rugby intellectual" apparently.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

You'd have to wonder if Munster are being sold a pup here. If this guy is so good, why are SA letting him switch places with Rassie? He'd just be getting Rassies new job surely (as opposed to his Rassies old Job :oops: ).

South Africa are not being held up as an example of using to much intellect to play rugby at the minute!

For Munsters sake - I sincerely hope he is the real deal.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Boks seem miffed hes leaving so maybe hes getting out to avoid the circus of the SARU
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
RAILWAY1
Learner

Post by RAILWAY1 »

Quite a lot of South Africa's problems on the rugby pitch at the moment are because too many decisions regarding the team are taken at government level. Just imagine if our politicians were dictating to the provinces and the national coach what they could and couldn't do.
Maybe I am totally wrong but after six years in the springbok setup maybe Johann saw the writing on the wall and got out
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

RAILWAY1 wrote:Quite a lot of South Africa's problems on the rugby pitch at the moment are because too many decisions regarding the team are taken at government level. Just imagine if our politicians were dictating to the provinces and the national coach what they could and couldn't do.
Maybe I am totally wrong but after six years in the springbok setup maybe Johann saw the writing on the wall and got out
Same could be said about Rassie and Munster.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Mark Flanagan, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony Capt., Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Liam O’Connor, John Ryan, Robin Copeland, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway.

Looks weak.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Mark Flanagan, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony Capt., Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Liam O’Connor, John Ryan, Robin Copeland, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway.

Looks weak.
Starting FR looks very dodgy.
Decent backline.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Has Ryan's form fallen off a cliff or is he carrying an injury or something? Haven't watched Munster closely enough to know for sure. I can't imagine he'd have missed that tackle on ROL last season and generally thought he was quiet in the game last week, strange to be taken off so early too.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Hanrahan selected for Munster A in the B&I Cup - whose black pudding did he piss on?
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Wow. Being frozen out doesn't seem to have learned him does it?

Thought he looked good when he moved in last week. I wasn't particularly paying attention and obviously Leinster's concentration had waned.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ryan is carrying a knock and didnt train fully this week

Hanrahan has been sent to get gametime at 10 apparently
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon