Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by simonokeeffe »

MOC blaming Conway for breaking Veanu's jaw :roll:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The idea that an opposition coach would think that Munster were cynical at the breakdown! Munster! Madness, shure weren't they all alter boys.
I have Bumbleflex
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dave Cahill wrote:The idea that an opposition coach would think that Munster were cynical at the breakdown! Munster! Madness, shure weren't they all alter boys.
And as for that Zedbo lad with his hilarious tweets and OTT try celebrations. What a ligind or should that be Bellind
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

simonokeeffe wrote:MOC blaming Conway for breaking Veanu's jaw :roll:
Conway is giving himself a reputation for the sly hits. He was red carded in November for a sly elbow.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

CiaranIrl wrote:The problem with O'Mahony is that nobody can ever point to real world examples of why he's good. Like, a proper Murray Kinsella analysis of his impact. Tackles, interventions, linocut disruption etc. I'd love to see one. The suspicion remains that O'Mahony gets respect because of the way he carries himself. Angry, intense, glaring etc. Sure, he's a good player. But is he worth breaking the bank for? I don't think so.

He is a fantastic all rounder with the exception of ball carrying. He is technically excellent in the air and on the ground. He has a high IQ. Excellent handling and passing skills. He has the right attitude to be a good captain too and physically he is more powerful than people think by looking at him.

I think people's problem with POM is
1, personality. He doesn't come across as being great craic like Zebo.
2, he isn't a YouTube highlights type of player. There's no massive hits or big carries.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If a Leinster player was a risk-taker on the pitch like Zebo, celebrated flamboyantly, was error prone but exciting, moved to France for the money, courted celebrity generally and then posted an update mocking his teammates the media and liginds down south would be all over him as an arrogant, elitist d4 head favoured by the IRFU establishment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

dropkick wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:The problem with O'Mahony is that nobody can ever point to real world examples of why he's good. Like, a proper Murray Kinsella analysis of his impact. Tackles, interventions, linocut disruption etc. I'd love to see one. The suspicion remains that O'Mahony gets respect because of the way he carries himself. Angry, intense, glaring etc. Sure, he's a good player. But is he worth breaking the bank for? I don't think so.

He is a fantastic all rounder with the exception of ball carrying. He is technically excellent in the air and on the ground. He has a high IQ. Excellent handling and passing skills. He has the right attitude to be a good captain too and physically he is more powerful than people think by looking at him.

I think people's problem with POM is
1, personality. He doesn't come across as being great craic like Zebo.
2, he isn't a YouTube highlights type of player. There's no massive hits or big carries.
Makes a lot more sense than some of the chyte i have heard trotted out about heaslip. "Wears big headphones" "has his trousers too low" I sh1t you not.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Due to demand for tickets TP is increasing capacity to 26,267 for the O'Classico at christmas. Any chance we can send down a full strength squad this time? Not doing the league or the fans (both sets) any justice otherwise.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

deco wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:MOC blaming Conway for breaking Veanu's jaw :roll:
Conway is giving himself a reputation for the sly hits. He was red carded in November for a sly elbow.
It was a clash of heads that he knocked himself out in. Accident.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote:Due to demand for tickets TP is increasing capacity to 26,267 for the O'Classico at christmas. Any chance we can send down a full strength squad this time? Not doing the league or the fans (both sets) any justice otherwise.
Almost none, isn't there an Irish camp that day?
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:
blockhead wrote:Due to demand for tickets TP is increasing capacity to 26,267 for the O'Classico at christmas. Any chance we can send down a full strength squad this time? Not doing the league or the fans (both sets) any justice otherwise.
So no Munster internationals either then?
There has to be a better way of doing this.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

blockhead wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
So no Munster internationals either then?
There has to be a better way of doing this.
Or another way of looking at it is overlooked lads, hungry second stringers, up and coming youth and NIE lads going at each other hammer and tongs to prove a point on selection about why they should be in that Irish camp, 6 nations squad, or the euro team.

Yep it's great seeing the first 15 tog out but seeing two well coached squads compete can lead to a cracking game.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I hear the argument TJ but Leinster Munster is one of the oldest rivalries in Irish Rugby and it is getting second string status where it appears in the calendar.

It has seriously dropped in intensity over the last few seasons and I think treating in this way is one of the factors. I get why they have derbies across the Pro14 at Christmas/New Year but does Munster Leinster at Thomond always have to be one of them?
Four Stars
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

It would become a derby again when there's something at stake. Players in blue consider it well overrated at this point. They're now more concerned about Western cousins.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Isn't that the point of derbies - there is always something at stake - bragging rights etc even if not actual trophies?

I am sure the players view many matches differently to the fans. That isn't really the point. Fans always want Leinster to beat Munster (or vice versa) don't they?
Four Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

JP Ferreira (SA) is new Munster defense coach as of 1st Jan.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote:It would become a derby again when there's something at stake. Players in blue consider it well overrated at this point. They're now more concerned about Western cousins.
Why would Leinster players be concerned about Connacht more than Munster? I don't think that's the case.
For fans, players and coaches there's always something different about a Munster game. It's been diminishing in stature, but still, it's fecking Munster, who could ever tire of putting one over on them?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Peter O’Mahony has agreed a new three-year central contract with the IRFU.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3328894
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

:clap:
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Good news all round, especially with Rhys out for a bit.
Any money left for CJ?