Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

RAILWAY1
Learner

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by RAILWAY1 »

A major problem I have with Paul Kimmage's coverage of doping is that he runs the risk of turning the whole thing into a tabloid circus which could distract from the serious problem of doping and make it more difficult to root out in the long run
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If you took the steroids before you had worked hard for many years to reach your genetic limit naturally, you probably get the benefit of the increased myonuclei for years to come when you resume natural training. How big that advantage is, I really don't know as there aren't enough studies and I'm not an expert/pro, just an amateur who loves training.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

'I'd have to face the indignity of reporting to Rassie': Coetzee blasts SA Rugby in letter to CEO http://the42.ie/3820188

Almost deserves its own thread, but holeeeee sh!t Rassie and SA rugby are not wearing this well.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Peg Leg wrote:'I'd have to face the indignity of reporting to Rassie': Coetzee blasts SA Rugby in letter to CEO http://the42.ie/3820188

Almost deserves its own thread, but holeeeee sh!t Rassie and SA rugby are not wearing this well.
Is this not the official South African Rugby thread?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

:happy clapper: :lol: :clap:

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:'I'd have to face the indignity of reporting to Rassie': Coetzee blasts SA Rugby in letter to CEO http://the42.ie/3820188

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote::happy clapper: :lol: :clap:

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

He's in a rich vein of form lately
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Le Roux is the new Cian Healy
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I think you'll find Ollie LeRoux is the OLD Cian Healy
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the first of munsters south african academy stars made his ail debut at the weekend off the bench for ul bohs.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:I think you'll find Ollie LeRoux is the OLD Cian Healy
Jack McGrath is the old Cian Healy
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

olaf the fat wrote:In fairness to Kimmage his experience in the pro cycling and the juicing that went on (his own) allowed him blow the lid - put into context with the number of deaths and then the Lance Armstrong saga and now Team Sky queries - it was an outstanding achievement. All this did cost him a lot in terms of his standing in cycling circles and risked his career as a journalist along with many court cases.

He continues to put in excellent pieces. but he is abrasive and barks up all the trees - the right ones and the wrongs ones, which will piss people off. He is a good sports journalist even if he ALWAYS goes against the narrative - but somebody has to.
I don't like Kimmage, but I do think sport needs people like Kimmage.

I also think he barks at everything, not just up wrong trees. He's also lost his sense of perspective, if he ever had any.

What I mean about sport needing people like him is sport tends to be a cohort of gain, its an insider thing. Even journalists / media are part of this group, they are allowed insight and glimpses of what's inside, but in return there is a quid-pro-quo, a party line that you cant break, if you do there is on access, no interviews. One of the biggest things for me (although not surprizing ) was how Armstrong / American Post team controlled the media by giving them access, but you only got access if you told the story they wanted heard. Like imbedded journalists with US military units in Desert storm, if you tell the wrong story, you're out and some other hack is in. Sport needs the Kimmage types to stand up and scream even when nobody listens or likes it.

This French guy did the same, it wasn't popular either...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 37962.html
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:Le Roux is the new Cian Healy
You heard about my incident on the plane?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Exeter have signed Cordero so he won't be going to Munster.

Not that Exeter have been averse to signing established foreigners in the past but I wonder if this year's Champions Cup experience has encouraged them to splash a bit more cash?
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

May 28th 2014 - William Ebongue Sipamio, a 19-year-old prop who was part of the Racing Metro side which won the French Under-19 title on Sunday, has died.

The cause of death is not known but a club statement said he "died Tuesday evening in his room" at Plessis-Robinson, Racing Metro's base.

"An autopsy is underway to determine the causes of death," the club added.
The cause of death was later confirmed as a heart attack.
drive for 5
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

neiliog93 wrote:If you took the steroids before you had worked hard for many years to reach your genetic limit naturally, you probably get the benefit of the increased myonuclei for years to come when you resume natural training. How big that advantage is, I really don't know as there aren't enough studies and I'm not an expert/pro, just an amateur who loves training.

Its very hard to get a 80 strong group together to take high doses of steroids to treat breast cancer over a 3 to 4 year period, I wonder why :wink:
drive for 5
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Exeter have signed Cordero so he won't be going to Munster.

Not that Exeter have been averse to signing established foreigners in the past but I wonder if this year's Champions Cup experience has encouraged them to splash a bit more cash?
You dont win cups with Whittens

No offence to Ian Whitten
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Le Roux is the new Cian Healy

You heard about my incident on the plane?
It made the front page of worldstar
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

simonokeeffe wrote:

You might have said the same about another Ian - Dowling - yet he has two winners medals.
Four Stars
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Has only signed till May, at which point he may return to Super Rugby if he wants to play in RC.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Lar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

You might have said the same about another Ian - Dowling - yet he has two winners medals.
From 10 years ago

You could name dozens of players from then who wouldnt get within an asses roar of a European Cup winning team now

You want to be big boys in Europe these days you need big players, talent is much more concentrated now (into this hemisphere)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Getting nasty down south.
From sarugbymag.
Allister plays the Rassie card
30 Jan 2018
Springbok coach Allister Coetzee says SA Rugby's director of rugby Rassie Erasmus is 'less competent' than him.
Coetzee made the statement in a letter addressed to SA Rugby CEO Jurie Roux, which was leaked to the media over the weekend.
In it, Coetzee claimed he was offered a 'ceremonial role' as Bok coach for 2018, and would have to report to Erasmus, who would be in charge of the team.
According to Coetzee, it's all an elaborate plan to get rid of him. He says it's 'shocking' that he would be required to report to Erasmus, who is 'less competent'.
Coetzee claims that, as a person of colour, he is being used to pave the way for Erasmus’ appointment as the new Bok coach.

‘There’s a general belief within SA Rugby that the plan had always been to replace Heyneke Meyer with Rassie. But SA Rugby wanted to avoid any controversy regarding transformation and a strategy was put in place to use my appointment to disguise their ultimate goal of putting Rassie in the role,’ Coetzee wrote.

'A strategy was developed to use me as a coloured person to conceal the end goal – by offering me the job as Bok coach – but to not equip me with the necessary resources to adequately perform my tasks. It would lead to me vacating my position earlier in order for Rassie to eventually be appointed.

'This strategy is not in line with SA Rugby's transformation mandate. It’s distasteful, to say the least, to use me as a black South African as a pawn in such an untenable manner.'
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!