Munster 2017 -2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster 2017 -2018

Post by olaf the fat »

They should have given the Munster job to Coetzee!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

"All season tickets, 10 year tickets and Munster Supporters Club tickets for next year are sold out."

Great news. IRFU to get a few bob roberts back.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:"All season tickets, 10 year tickets and Munster Supporters Club tickets for next year are sold out."

is that just for Europeam rugby though?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote:"All season tickets, 10 year tickets and Munster Supporters Club tickets for next year are sold out."

Please tell that is not still a thing. Bad enough to have to split matches between the Red Army's citadel and the peoples republic independence park.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Please tell that is not still a thing. Bad enough to have to split matches between the Red Army's citadel and the peoples republic independence park.
Pretty sure it is
10 years are Europe and no way they shifted THAT many 14 or 15 game season tickets
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Does anyone know what the situation is with Andrew Conways contract. Heard a rumour that he's going to leave Munster shortly. Trying to verify.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 87492.html

Unless he has signed something recently his contract is up in June
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

offshorerules wrote:Does anyone know what the situation is with Andrew Conways contract. Heard a rumour that he's going to leave Munster shortly. Trying to verify.
contract is up... heading abroad?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

offshorerules wrote:Does anyone know what the situation is with Andrew Conways contract. Heard a rumour that he's going to leave Munster shortly. Trying to verify.
Nah hes got Ireland caps in his nostrils now. Dont think he'll leave Ireland. Hes established himself in the Munster team. Knows hes first choice next year.

I dont think he commands a huge wage elsewhere either
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Yeah, he's not high profile enough yet to get the big bucks. Another year playing the way he is though and that could change - it'll be interesting to see how long his next contract is.
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:Yeah, he's not high profile enough yet to get the big bucks. Another year playing the way he is though and that could change - it'll be interesting to see how long his next contract is.
Only 27 this summer; give him a 3 year provincial
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Yeah, he's not high profile enough yet to get the big bucks. Another year playing the way he is though and that could change - it'll be interesting to see how long his next contract is.
Only 27 this summer; give him a 3 year provincial
Oh they'll probably offer 3 years and rightfully so. The interesting thing will be how many years he takes. If he continues on his current path, this time next year there will be many more suitors with bags of money in frame.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Munster Rugby and the IRFU can confirm that Sammy Arnold, Darren O’Shea, Conor Oliver and Dan Goggin have signed two-year contracts that will see them remain with the province until June 2020.

Full details | https://t.co/PcoJjjCeaL

#SUAF https://t.co/7CsxlAtQfv
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:"All season tickets, 10 year tickets and Munster Supporters Club tickets for next year are sold out."

Pretty sure it is
10 years are Europe and no way they shifted THAT many 14 or 15 game season tickets[/quote]

It's both Pro14 and ERCC season tickets.

Cap on tickets sold is there because of restrictions on possible ERCC QF tickets guaranteed. All season ticket and 10 year holders are guaranteed a QF ticket, MR can't sell any more that they're entitled to
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Any idea what the actual numbers are?

Season tickets could only go up to max capacity of Musgrave
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

simonokeeffe wrote:Any idea what the actual numbers are?

Season tickets can be split between the 2 venues; you can hold a Musgrave or Thomond season ticket, + 3 ERC tickets or a joint venue + 3 ERC tickets.

Think total overall is 10K, but could be totally wrong on that
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Any idea what the actual numbers are?

Season tickets can be split between the 2 venues; you can hold a Musgrave or Thomond season ticket, + 3 ERC tickets or a joint venue + 3 ERC tickets.

Think total overall is 10K, but could be totally wrong on that
Cheerses
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Earls on the42
Exciting Leinster back Jordan Larmour is expected to feature in some capacity for Ireland and Earls says he has been impressed with what he’s seen of the 20-year-old in camp at Carton House.
“He’s been flying it in training. He’s a really nice kid as well. I’ve spent a bit of time with him playing darts and cards.
“He’s had a phenomenal start and he fits in perfectly. For a young lad who has just come onto the scene this season, he seems like he’s been around for a long time.
“I envy all of those young lads, they’re incredible. I suppose when I came in first it was all about playing for Munster and the fear, with Paulie and Rog and all them. I suppose you drive yourself mad.”

Earls laughs and shakes his head when he is asked to consider what the 20-year-old version of himself was like in comparison to Larmour now.

“I probably took it for granted, I probably thought my talent would get me there alone. I found out from harsh lessons you need to keep working every day. That’s what I do now, constantly looking for an extra 1%. That’s a 24/7 pursuit.

“I’m a lot lighter, I was a lot chubbier back then, I didn’t really look after myself back then. I’m faster and more agile now than I was then.

“I had bad habits from my parents eating Chinese on a Sunday night. It was changing all the time back then with diets. I got obsessed with trying to be heavy, then I got obsessed with trying to be skinny.

“I’ve just found myself now, thank God.”
That's is my impression now of Earls this season. I think he is even better now than when he was younger, incedible!
You forget that he had an awful time with injuries throughout his career.
Great to see him linking up with Larmour, no better role model for the kid.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

blockhead wrote:Earls on the42
Exciting Leinster back Jordan Larmour is expected to feature in some capacity for Ireland and Earls says he has been impressed with what he’s seen of the 20-year-old in camp at Carton House.
“He’s been flying it in training. He’s a really nice kid as well. I’ve spent a bit of time with him playing darts and cards.
“He’s had a phenomenal start and he fits in perfectly. For a young lad who has just come onto the scene this season, he seems like he’s been around for a long time.
“I envy all of those young lads, they’re incredible. I suppose when I came in first it was all about playing for Munster and the fear, with Paulie and Rog and all them. I suppose you drive yourself mad.”

Earls laughs and shakes his head when he is asked to consider what the 20-year-old version of himself was like in comparison to Larmour now.

“I probably took it for granted, I probably thought my talent would get me there alone. I found out from harsh lessons you need to keep working every day. That’s what I do now, constantly looking for an extra 1%. That’s a 24/7 pursuit.

“I’m a lot lighter, I was a lot chubbier back then, I didn’t really look after myself back then. I’m faster and more agile now than I was then.

“I had bad habits from my parents eating Chinese on a Sunday night. It was changing all the time back then with diets. I got obsessed with trying to be heavy, then I got obsessed with trying to be skinny.

That's is my impression now of Earls this season. I think he is even better now than when he was younger, incedible!
Very positive.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

blockhead wrote:Earls on the42

Really do forget. I was quite surprised by Earls saying:
“That game was definitely my proudest moment in Irish rugby for me in my playing career because I haven’t won a championship or anything like that,”