Pro 14 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Post by Peg Leg »

So SAffers can't play in europe games and merely drop out of rankings.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
harblstuff wrote:http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/the-guinnes ... lder-faqs/

Leinster confirmed for 10 home matches only.

Free additional ticket for one home match of STH's choice.

Pretty useless to me as I have two season tickets; due to his health my dad won't be joining me.
Plus the free ticket is in an unreserved seat - so highly unlikely to be beside you if you are a Grandstand or Anglesea Stand ST holder. A cynical offer that they are betting ST holders wont take up.

Very very shoddy and poor form from LR.
So no pro rata refund for those of us, (and there must be many), who will not be in a position to avail of the extra ticket, especially those of us in the AS/GS. Extremely poor form by LR.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

R-Dog wrote:Unreserved Free Ticket wont really work for GS/AS tickets, understandably be impossible to sit people next to each other.

Will the offer cover the Aviva matches as should be no issue adding extra ticket beside you there?
Think you mean Aviva match. With only 13 regular season home games this season, will there only be 1 game in Landsdowne Road due to RDS commitment of 12 games a season?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Laighin Break wrote:
R-Dog wrote:Unreserved Free Ticket wont really work for GS/AS tickets, understandably be impossible to sit people next to each other.

Will the offer cover the Aviva matches as should be no issue adding extra ticket beside you there?
Think you mean Aviva match. With only 13 regular season home games this season, will there only be 1 game in Landsdowne Road due to RDS commitment of 12 games a season?

Not according to the FAQ, no. Something must have been done. Indeed I'd say a lot of deals have been done across the league to make this come to pass, probably what the delay was as the structure was settled long ago.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Laighin Break wrote:

The link posted above from LR site says that there'll still be a home Munster game and a Champions Cup game in December in the Aviva.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Think all clubs have emailed their STHs with a pro12 proforma blurb. What we got seems very similar to yours (different detail obviously).

We are getting a free ticket to the 3rd Edinburgh game and can bring a +1. Also "help with travel costs."

Is anyone actually happy with this shambles?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I don't think its a shambles. I'm not a fan of conferences, but I think this has been well organised actually, particularly the idea of resetting the conferences based on form to make sure that a balance is retained (which will also keep things fresh)

What is shambolic about it?
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:I don't think its a shambles. I'm not a fan of conferences, but I think this has been well organised actually, particularly the idea of resetting the conferences based on form to make sure that a balance is retained (which will also keep things fresh)

I'm afraid this is what's happening here:

"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Two conferences allows for an All-Star game...
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Is there not only a 50 50 chance of one less home game?

My tinfoil hat says theyll expand Chamlions Cup to 24 teams to allow saffers in IF they stay solvent
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Two conferences allows for an All-Star game...
FRO.
We've just finished with the fecking Lions for 3 years.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Ulster have 11 home matches this season confirmed also fixtures for first 13 rounds being confirmed some time next week plus weekends for remaining fixtures.
They say depending on make up of conferences next season the teams with 10 home this season get 11 home next season and vice versa.
Hornet wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
harblstuff wrote:http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/the-guinnes ... lder-faqs/

Leinster confirmed for 10 home matches only.

Free additional ticket for one home match of STH's choice.

Pretty useless to me as I have two season tickets; due to his health my dad won't be joining me.
Plus the free ticket is in an unreserved seat - so highly unlikely to be beside you if you are a Grandstand or Anglesea Stand ST holder. A cynical offer that they are betting ST holders wont take up.

Very very shoddy and poor form from LR.
So no pro rata refund for those of us, (and there must be many), who will not be in a position to avail of the extra ticket, especially those of us in the AS/GS. Extremely poor form by LR.
I would have thought the simple one was if you get a home knockout match that it would then come under your season ticket, take your chance and decide before season starts or a fixed date if you want to take the extra instead.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

On the 7th place for Champions Cup I would have thought a home/away playoff with points added together for the two 4th placed sides would be a fairer arrangement, in theory at least the 4th side in one conference could have more points than the first placed in the other conference, just play the matches same weekends as quarter and semi finals.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:I don't think its a shambles. I'm not a fan of conferences, but I think this has been well organised actually, particularly the idea of resetting the conferences based on form to make sure that a balance is retained (which will also keep things fresh)

I'm actually looking forward to the new season and really hope the new format takes off.

The shambles is LR treatment of season ticket holders once again. The "free" ticket offer is a farce as they know most people won't use it.

I've no need or want for an extra ticket. Give the pro rata refund instead of shafting your customers.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Pro 14 announced.

Post by Ruckedtobits »

riocard911 wrote:Courtesy of Pundit Arena here is the official Pro 14 groovy video: http://www.punditarena.com/pro-12/smcma ... will-work/
Well, having been regaled by the dulcid tones of Eddie Butler, I am struck by "the 7th place in theChampions Cup will be decided by the eligible team with the most points who has not qualified for the EPCR".

At present the Leinster / Scarlets Conference looks decidedly the weaker pool, so I'd expect the 7th team to come from there.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Maybe the OLSC should consider re-opening motions for the AGM until this weekend
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have two season tickets and I intend on using both free tickets!
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dave Cahill wrote:Maybe the OLSC should consider re-opening motions for the AGM until this weekend
Very definitely. Suspension of Standing Orders must be an option in the light of a change as fundamental as this.

BTW, very, very suspicious of no mention of the folding stuff. Word in SA media land and advertising is that Supersport are paying $60m for 6 year rights. Firstly it means it's a six-year experiment and secondly, that there is more to come from European broadcasters. Sky contract with Pro12 finishes next year so have they novated their worldwide rights to Supersport?

Coupled with being short-changed, effectively under false pretenses, for my Season Tickets, I am now getting more bolshy about this being foisted on us piece-meal and still no fixtures.

As for attending an away game in SA, I'm certainly looking for a Leinster subsidised travel package to Port Elizabeth, directly from Dublin for 8/9 days with two games, lots of golf and a fair bit of sightseeing! During the 6N window would do nicely, thank you.

Logistically, two Irish Squads and supporters could fill an Airbus out of Dublin and possibly back fill it from Port Elizabeth with Irish holiday makers.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
BTW, very, very suspicious of no mention of the folding stuff. Word in SA media land and advertising is that Supersport are paying $60m for 6 year rights. Firstly it means it's a six-year experiment and secondly, that there is more to come from European broadcasters. Sky contract with Pro12 finishes next year so have they novated their worldwide rights to Supersport?
They never mention money but Anayi did say today that the pro12 was encouraged to expand by sponsors and broadcasters.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

dropkick wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
They never mention money but Anayi did say today that the pro12 was encouraged to expand by sponsors and broadcasters.
Were they also encouraged to ignore / abuse one of their most important group of stakeholders, STH's? 10 home games rather than 11 is a 10% reduction.

Like the biscuit and bar makers, the content has been reduced without any compensation in price. Not good enough, certainly not when this League needs all possible support to launch this new competition.

Leinster Rugby off-field management need to remember that Season Ticket holders are not fools, so don't treat them like mugs. Remember, they're the ones that you need to keep loyal when you start your renovation / development, possibly through next season.