Pro 14 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby shreyathakare » February 28th, 2019, 6:26 am

it seems really funny
shreyathakare
 
Posts: 1
Joined: February 27th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 2nd, 2019, 6:13 pm

Benetton 18-10 Edinburgh FT:
8 points clear of Edinburgh in 4th and have Connacht, us and the Franchise next before an end of season derby. Could make Europe. Which would be wow.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » March 2nd, 2019, 6:29 pm

blockhead wrote:Benetton 18-10 Edinburgh FT:
8 points clear of Edinburgh in 4th and have Connacht, us and the Franchise next before an end of season derby. Could make Europe. Which would be wow.


fully deserved for treviso in my opinion if they do. they have been doing really well. O Shea has being doing some work at the club level and with their academies....here is hoping it brings italian rugby up a little.

watched the edinburgh game...treviso should have been out of sight by half time....fluffed so many chances in the edinburgh 22.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 876
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby paddyor » March 2nd, 2019, 6:56 pm

blockhead wrote:Benetton 18-10 Edinburgh FT:
8 points clear of Edinburgh in 4th and have Connacht, us and the Franchise next before an end of season derby. Could make Europe. Which would be wow.

They’re undefeated since mid December. That’s Ulster Scarlets and Edinburgh they’ve taken points off.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 2nd, 2019, 7:59 pm

Scarlets 10-6 Munster
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » March 2nd, 2019, 8:08 pm

blockhead wrote:Scarlets 10-6 Munster

wasn't great weather for rugby but Leinster South fluffed that. Loads of chances. Not sure if the ref was a bit anti munster....but in fairness to scarlets, a win is a win.
Last edited by MylesNaGapoleen on March 2nd, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 876
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 2nd, 2019, 8:13 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
blockhead wrote:Scarlets 10-6 Munster

wasn't great weather for rugby but Munster fluffed that. Loads of chances. Not sure if the ref was a bit anti munster....but in fairness to scarlets, a win is a win.


Every Ref is Anti-Munster, don't ye know that?
Never beaten by the better team.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » March 2nd, 2019, 8:32 pm

blockhead wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
blockhead wrote:Scarlets 10-6 Munster

wasn't great weather for rugby but Munster fluffed that. Loads of chances. Not sure if the ref was a bit anti munster....but in fairness to scarlets, a win is a win.


Every Ref is Anti-Munster, don't ye know that?
Never beaten by the better team.


haha. Leinster south lost tonight. Leinster North up against the dragons tomorrow!
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 876
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby dropkick » March 2nd, 2019, 9:37 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
blockhead wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:wasn't great weather for rugby but Munster fluffed that. Loads of chances. Not sure if the ref was a bit anti munster....but in fairness to scarlets, a win is a win.


Every Ref is Anti-Munster, don't ye know that?
Never beaten by the better team.


haha. Leinster south lost tonight. Leinster North up against the dragons tomorrow!



Munster derangement syndrome in full flow I see. Lol

Leinster are well run so ye need some team to rant over. Its interesting observing it.
User avatar
dropkick
Mullet
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 1:27 am
Location: Cork

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby Logorrhea » March 2nd, 2019, 9:53 pm

Anyone else feel that the league has become kinda pointless? Not sure if its because of the conferences or the additional dip in the fortunes of Welsh regions but half the matches are pointless nowadays.
User avatar
Logorrhea
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: October 2nd, 2007, 1:20 pm
Location: D24

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 2nd, 2019, 10:01 pm

Logorrhea wrote:Anyone else feel that the league has become kinda pointless? Not sure if its because of the conferences or the additional dip in the fortunes of Welsh regions but half the matches are pointless nowadays.


Conf 1-neck and neck for top spot with a dog fight for 3rd and all that that means
Conf 2- Leinster have run away with it (Last year there was a 2 point spread between the top 3 teams). And 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.
Pointless? Pointless? Its waaay more exciting than ever, more teams still with a chance of playoffs and europe.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby Peg Leg » March 2nd, 2019, 10:07 pm

blockhead wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:Anyone else feel that the league has become kinda pointless? Not sure if its because of the conferences or the additional dip in the fortunes of Welsh regions but half the matches are pointless nowadays.


Conf 1-neck and neck for top spot with a dog fight for 3rd and all that that means
Conf 2- Leinster have run away with it (Last year there was a 2 point spread between the top 3 teams). And 4 teams fighting for 2 spots.
Pointless? Pointless? Its waaay more exciting than ever, more teams still with a chance of playoffs and europe.
Yeah, feels pointless if you're not looking at the rest of the league. A couple more of Joe's extraditions and we'll be very interested.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 3rd, 2019, 7:10 pm

Simon Thomas@simonrug
I’m hearing increasingly encouraging noises about the prospects of CVC investing in the PRO14. That could be a game-changer for our regions in terms of financial security.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby Keith » March 3rd, 2019, 7:29 pm

blockhead wrote:Simon Thomas@simonrug
I’m hearing increasingly encouraging noises about the prospects of CVC investing in the PRO14. That could be a game-changer for our regions in terms of financial security.

I got a bad feeling about this...
Keith
Enlightened
 
Posts: 912
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby paddyor » March 4th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Neil Fissler
‏Verified account @neilfissler

Understand players have been told today of a proposed merger between Ospreys and Scarlets. Working name of the club is Scarlet Ospreys, they will train in Swansea and play in Llanelli.
6:06 PM - 4 Mar 2019
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby blockhead » March 4th, 2019, 10:18 pm

paddyor wrote:
Neil Fissler
‏Verified account @neilfissler

Understand players have been told today of a proposed merger between Ospreys and Scarlets. Working name of the club is Scarlet Ospreys, they will train in Swansea and play in Llanelli.
6:06 PM - 4 Mar 2019


Irish Times
Welsh rugby is set for its most radical overhaul since 2003 with the country’s two most successful professional sides – Ospreys and Scarlets – poised to merge for as soon as the start of next season.
While Warren Gatland’s national side are just two victories away from a first Six Nations Grand Slam since 2012 having won their last 12 games, off the field political chaos has ensued.
Crunch talks over ‘Project Reset’ – the system by which Welsh rugby will be run moving forward – have been held between the Welsh Rugby Union and its four professional sides.
WRU chief executive Martyn Phillips has long been keen to establish a new outfit in north Wales, which has led to the current outfits – Dragons, Cardiff Blues, Ospreys and Scarlets – fearing for their future. It is understood Ospreys and Scarlets will combine to form a new team.
Discussions over what the new combined region will be called and where they will play are ongoing, but barring any last minute hitches an announcement is imminent.
Discussions between the WRU and its four regions over the last fortnight saw every option considered, but the Scarlets have stepped in to ensure the Ospreys have some sort of future.
The new franchise will have a higher budget than both the Ospreys and Scarlets respectively and the hope is the combined region will stand a chance of competing to win the Heineken Champions Cup.
Current contracts for players on both sides will be honoured. Incoming Scarlets head coach Brad Mooar and Ospreys boss Allen Clarke will both have future coaching roles at the new side.
It is also understood that initially the plans are to play Guinness Pro 14 fixtures out of Parc y Scarlets in Llanelli with European games at Swansea’s Liberty Stadium.
The side will train at Llandarcy, the home of the Ospreys as things stand.
Benefactors of both the Ospreys and Scarlets will pump money into this new entity and are confident it can become self-sustainable and successful over the next few seasons.
The Ospreys and Scarlets boast some of Gatland’s biggest Six Nations stars including captain Alun Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Jonathan Davies, Justin Tipuric, Rob Evans, Samson Lee and Gareth Davies.
Those players are set to join together with recruitment plans for next season well underway.
An imminent amalgamation of the Ospreys and Scarlets – who have five Celtic League titles between them – means a new professional region in north Wales based in Colwyn Bay is imminent


Sounds like a right oul mess.
Scarlet Ospreys? Surely they could do better than that.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5260
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby paddyor » March 4th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Image
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
User avatar
paddyor
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby dropkick » March 5th, 2019, 12:17 pm

blockhead wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Neil Fissler
‏Verified account @neilfissler

Understand players have been told today of a proposed merger between Ospreys and Scarlets. Working name of the club is Scarlet Ospreys, they will train in Swansea and play in Llanelli.
6:06 PM - 4 Mar 2019


Irish Times
Welsh rugby is set for its most radical overhaul since 2003 with the country’s two most successful professional sides – Ospreys and Scarlets – poised to merge for as soon as the start of next season.
While Warren Gatland’s national side are just two victories away from a first Six Nations Grand Slam since 2012 having won their last 12 games, off the field political chaos has ensued.
Crunch talks over ‘Project Reset’ – the system by which Welsh rugby will be run moving forward – have been held between the Welsh Rugby Union and its four professional sides.
WRU chief executive Martyn Phillips has long been keen to establish a new outfit in north Wales, which has led to the current outfits – Dragons, Cardiff Blues, Ospreys and Scarlets – fearing for their future. It is understood Ospreys and Scarlets will combine to form a new team.
Discussions over what the new combined region will be called and where they will play are ongoing, but barring any last minute hitches an announcement is imminent.
Discussions between the WRU and its four regions over the last fortnight saw every option considered, but the Scarlets have stepped in to ensure the Ospreys have some sort of future.
The new franchise will have a higher budget than both the Ospreys and Scarlets respectively and the hope is the combined region will stand a chance of competing to win the Heineken Champions Cup.
Current contracts for players on both sides will be honoured. Incoming Scarlets head coach Brad Mooar and Ospreys boss Allen Clarke will both have future coaching roles at the new side.
It is also understood that initially the plans are to play Guinness Pro 14 fixtures out of Parc y Scarlets in Llanelli with European games at Swansea’s Liberty Stadium.
The side will train at Llandarcy, the home of the Ospreys as things stand.
Benefactors of both the Ospreys and Scarlets will pump money into this new entity and are confident it can become self-sustainable and successful over the next few seasons.
The Ospreys and Scarlets boast some of Gatland’s biggest Six Nations stars including captain Alun Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Jonathan Davies, Justin Tipuric, Rob Evans, Samson Lee and Gareth Davies.
Those players are set to join together with recruitment plans for next season well underway.
An imminent amalgamation of the Ospreys and Scarlets – who have five Celtic League titles between them – means a new professional region in north Wales based in Colwyn Bay is imminent


Sounds like a right oul mess.
Scarlet Ospreys? Surely they could do better than that.


That's only a working title.

I hear they're going to be called the Chameleons.
User avatar
dropkick
Mullet
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 1:27 am
Location: Cork

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby FLIP » March 5th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Welsh Rugby facebook and twitter full of the usual braying about "If we played the English more, people would come" and "I only support my club not the region". So why do they not go to watch their club either?
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Pro 14 - General Thread

Postby nc6000 » March 5th, 2019, 2:56 pm

User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests