Mallinder sacked

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Mallinder sacked

Post by Peg Leg »

Prepare yourselves for the Randwick loop, a tactic brought to us by Gaffney, employed by Jonathan Sexton to rip your goodselves a new arsehole in that HEC final.
Gaffney was a real attacking innovator but he possibly stayed one too many seasons with us. That said, he had the support of Michael Chieka and one of the great defence coaches in Kurt McQuilkin.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Alan Gaffney also coached Munster.
Packs win games so the real question is can Gaffney acquire a suitable forwards coach (unlikely given his appointment is short term) or reinvigorate the existing coaching team.
Gaffney might well have those kind of skills.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I'd have gone for Eddie O Sullivan over him. Hard to imagine that Gaffney isn't past it at this stage, frankly. I thought he was past it in 2010/2011 with Leinster & Ireland to be honest. He was exceptional for us first time around, but that's a long time ago now. Hope I'm proven wrong. He's a gentleman.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I would have thought Gaffney was a bit past it when he finished with us in 2010. Very surprised to hear he's still involved full-time in rugby.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish