Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote:
Did you read what you wrote? He didn't report it. He posted on social media about it. If I crash my car and go on to facebook and announce that I've crashed my car doesn't mean that I have reported it. My insurance company doesn't acknowledge that as a "report" and the rugby authorities should not regard an instagram post as a report either.
Ironically you didn't read what I wrote.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Did you read what you wrote? He didn't report it. He posted on social media about it. If I crash my car and go on to facebook and announce that I've crashed my car doesn't mean that I have reported it. My insurance company doesn't acknowledge that as a "report" and the rugby authorities should not regard an instagram post as a report either.
Quote "Not the fact that he did report it on social media"

He did not report it. He posted a cryptic message on social media. If I was in charge I would have told him to either report it or take down his post.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Quote "Not the fact that he did report it on social media"

He did not report it. He posted a cryptic message on social media. If I was in charge I would have told him to either report it or take down his post.
Ah right, so you chose to misinterpret a word in the post and literally ignore the part where I said:
As everyone has said Zebo should've gone through the proper channels
Fair enough.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote: So until we start to think the way you want us to think we're wrong.
Jesus. This thread really goes from bad to worse.

I think it's as simple as this. If you think let's wait until we get all the facts, but understanding that this is a very serious complaint and the onus is on Ulster Rugby and other to investigate it, then fine.

However, if you're condemning Zebo for talking about it on Twitter or bringing irrelevant stuff like 'he's a joker' into the argument to try discredit him or you're complaining about the 'level of chat' about it (whatever tf that means), then you're not some righteous critical thinker who is being told how to think. You're just a bit of a dick.

Just so we're clear. Zebo's 'history' or that he 'posted it on Instagram' is largely irrelevant.
Read what you posted here, Ulster should investigate a complaint. The point is there wasn't one made other than on social media. Therefore there is nothing to investigate. Either he reports it or should take down the post.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote: So until we start to think the way you want us to think we're wrong.
Jesus. This thread really goes from bad to worse.

I think it's as simple as this. If you think let's wait until we get all the facts, but understanding that this is a very serious complaint and the onus is on Ulster Rugby and other to investigate it, then fine.

However, if you're condemning Zebo for talking about it on Twitter or bringing irrelevant stuff like 'he's a joker' into the argument to try discredit him or you're complaining about the 'level of chat' about it (whatever tf that means), then you're not some righteous critical thinker who is being told how to think. You're just a bit of a dick.

Just so we're clear. Zebo's 'history' or that he 'posted it on Instagram' is largely irrelevant.
Read what you posted here, Ulster should investigate a complaint. The point is there wasn't one made other than on social media. Therefore there is nothing to investigate. Either he reports it or should take down the post.
Yes there is. Racing Metro made a statement on it.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

My last post on the topic so knock yourself out.

Quote:

"EPCR has not received a formal complaint from Racing 92 regarding any alleged case of verbal abuse of one of the club's players during yesterday's Heineken Champions Cup, Pool 4 match at the Kingspan Stadium," it said. "EPCR is in contact with both Ulster Rugby and Racing 92, and will be making no further comment at this point." .
Last edited by the spoofer on January 17th, 2019, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

the spoofer wrote:My last post on the topic so knock yourself out.

Quote:

"EPCR has not received a formal complaint from Racing 92 regarding any alleged case of verbal abuse of one of the club's players during yesterday's Heineken Champions Cup, Pool 4 match at the Kingspan Stadium," it said. "EPCR is in contact with both Ulster Rugby and Racing 92, and will be making no further comment at this point."
Dude, you love a bit of semantics don't you? Racing made a statement, as have Ulster. Ulster are investigating and ECPR are awaiting the findings of that.

You misread what I originally posted which is that the fact that he didn't report it properly is the issue and he should've gone through the proper channels, but him reporting it on social shouldn't be an issue.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I really don't want to keep this going because it's just going around in circles but just wanted to say that I (obviously) agree wholeheartedly with everything wixfjord has said.

There are good reasons why people don't officially report things btw. A friend of mine was racially abused at a Luas stop a few months ago. Her reaction wasn't to report it becuase the whole thing was upsetting, she didn't want to relive it, it wasn't worth the hassle, and would have been impossible to prove. Her reaction was to burst into tears and message her friends, and when she messaged me I didn't think "em, why are you telling me about it?".

Slightly similar situation, I was gouged in a match years ago and didn't report it. I had the mark on my eyeball and the black eye to prove it, and to this day I can vividly remember the feeling of it and could describe what the guy did. After getting treatment I walked up to a lineout and called the guy out on it. He denied it and so did his team mates, so what could I do?

Pointing to the lack of an official complaint or giving out about how a victim reacts is just nonsense. It's not like we're just working off Zebo's ambiguous comment at this stage, the statement from Racing means that we know what he was referring to and that there's weight behind it.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I really don't want to keep this going because it's just going around in circles but just wanted to say that I (obviously) agree wholeheartedly with everything wixfjord has said.

There are good reasons why people don't officially report things btw. A friend of mine was racially abused at a Luas stop a few months ago. Her reaction wasn't to report it becuase the whole thing was upsetting, she didn't want to relive it, it wasn't worth the hassle, and would have been impossible to prove. Her reaction was to burst into tears and message her friends, and when she messaged me I didn't think "em, why are you telling me about it?".

Slightly similar situation, I was gouged in a match years ago and didn't report it. I had the mark on my eyeball and the black eye to prove it, and to this day I can vividly remember the feeling of it and could describe what the guy did. After getting treatment I walked up to a lineout and called the guy out on it. He denied it and so did his team mates, so what could I do?

Pointing to the lack of an official complaint or giving out about how a victim reacts is just nonsense. It's not like we're just working off Zebo's ambiguous comment at this stage, the statement from Racing means that we know what he was referring to and that there's weight behind it.

I'm glad you weren't on the Jackson and Olding jury!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

the spoofer wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I really don't want to keep this going because it's just going around in circles but just wanted to say that I (obviously) agree wholeheartedly with everything wixfjord has said.

+1 The lads dodged a bullet there all right.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

What kind of team are Ulster likely to be able to field and what are the odds of -
1. A TBP win.
2. A win.
3. A TBP draw - unlikely so skip that one but hope for the punter's curse.
4. A TBP + LBP. rare enough
5. A losing TBP rare enough
6. A LBP
7. Nought.
8. What are bookies saying.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschool wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Well they're two of the most disgusting comments I've ever seen on here.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
:roll:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Henderson starting and Cooney on bench.
Very good news for Ulster and Ireland.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Saying that having someone presume guilt without evidence is disgusting is pretty disgusting.
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Agree with that, point out who said it and I'll round on them with you.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Agree with that, point out who said it and I'll round on them with you.
Sorry,don't think I made myself clear there.

You've branded the views of two people, who stated that presumption of guilt in a jury member without evidence would have been a bad thing for Jackson and Olding, disgusting.

Finding that disgusting is disgusting in itself. Innocent until proven guilty is a core part of justice. That which can be asserted without evidence can be refuted without it.
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

You were clear, but also wrong.

I said they were disgusting for saying that I would automatically convict people of rape just because they were accused.

Read my posts again to see what I've actually said instead of what you think I've said.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Oh hell - This Ulster thread has jumped back 12 months! - please, this time in not just Ulster saying NO....
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

ChrisUppy wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Fair point, the main issue is that Zebo wasn't a good enough victim. Jesus wept.
Jez you're precious.

Social Media is a.place for half wits, trolls and witch hunts.

A racist comment was made by a scumbag, can we get the culprit banned from Ravenhill rather than slandering UR and their supporters on the internet. Can we get a proper investigation, if Zebo heard it then so did tens of others on the Terrace. What was said exactly? Why has an official complaint been received or investigation been initiated? Is Simon willing to elaborate on what happened?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The irony of you posting this on a Social Media platform on which you regularly troll
I don't troll this site. Do I? It's not social media either, it's a fan forum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!