Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote:
FLIP wrote:Some speculation elsewhere that this post by Zebo is him saying he was racially abused: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsi6SXMhHyP ... twgal2u305

From what I've heard from Ulster fans all he got was panto boos and chants of who ate all the pies because of how he acted in Paris.
If he was racially abused he should take the charge to a more serious authority than Instagram.
Meaning he shouldn't have posted it on Instagram? If he was racially abused then he should do whatever he likes.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ulster were brilliant, seriously dogged, organised, and powerful performance. I didn't think they could win without Henderson but the pack really stepped up, Treadwell can really step up when he wants to.

Thought Shanahan played pretty well, gets a lot of criticism but personally think he's fine as a backup scrumhalf.

Addison was brilliant for the most part and thought it was great that he took on so much responsibility. don't think it was just because Burns had a tight calf, I think it was partly because Burns was terrible and they needed someone else to take control. I still feel he makes mistakes though, I'd forgive him the missed kicks to touch off penalties because he was just filling in, but he also missed one by trying to be clever and it just went down Dulin's throat. He then missed the tackle and Racing scored off it. I know I sound like I have it in for him but he makes more mistakes than other seems to realise. Himself and Stockdale managed to lift their attack on their own.

Jordi was amazing as well, really adds so much to their pack.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
FLIP wrote:Some speculation elsewhere that this post by Zebo is him saying he was racially abused: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsi6SXMhHyP ... twgal2u305

From what I've heard from Ulster fans all he got was panto boos and chants of who ate all the pies because of how he acted in Paris.
If he was racially abused he should take the charge to a more serious authority than Instagram.
My thoughts exactly. My own view is that he can't take what he gives out.
Why, does he give out racial abuse? That's a bit of a ridiculous post.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt it may be badly worded.

If there was any hint of racism, Zebo should of course go through the proper channels.

But what he 'gives out' has nothing to do with it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

More likely to be bodyshaming rather than racist. Not that that's OK of course, and we would never resort to that sort of thing on here.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
hugonaut wrote:

Meaning he shouldn't have posted it on Instagram? If he was racially abused then he should do whatever he likes.
Meaning he should report it formally to the EPCR. It's a pretty big deal – I can't remember the last time members of a crowd at a pro Irish rugby game were accused of racially abusing a player. It should be absolutely anathema. I thought it was. I'm sure Ulster Rugby don't want the name of their rugby club involved with racist abuse, and would make very strenuous efforts to isolate, identify and deal with those responsible.

Racial abuse [or any concerted personal abuse] shouldn't be tolerated at any stadium. A lot of people are going to call a player getting red-carded "a dirty get" [or similar], that's just the nature of crowds, but personal, sustained abuse of a player adds absolutely nothing to the game or spectacle. It's a completely negative behaviour at every level. It's a serious deal, ergo it should be treated seriously.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

From what I heard and have read the Ulster fans were giving Zebo his spot as the pantomine villain and were shouting Ze-booo, Ze-boo, Ze-booo. So in that regard he had earned that reception from his own little cameo when he wagged his finger at Lowry back in October in Paris. If he did what he did because he is just a misunderstood free spirit then it’s fair enough that he takes back the ‘bantz’.

Were we not accused of racially abusing Isa before with our ISA ISA ISA chant by someone with challenged hearing? I feel like I was outraged by the accusation at the time but sometimes I just outrage myself :lol: we were definitely accused of booing LUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE!

If someone actually racially abused Zebo then hopefully they are pinpointed and banned for life. No place for it.

Well done to Ulster on the match, they stuck at it, they really play for the jersey as cringey as that sounds.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Was he racially abused? He hasn't actually said. He's behaving like a whinging wee bitch on social media. Stockdale had him a few times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I know that if I witnessed or was the victim of a serious crime then the first person I'd contact is Mark Zuckerberg.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote: Meaning he should report it formally to the EPCR. It's a pretty big deal – I can't remember the last time members of a crowd at a pro Irish rugby game were accused of racially abusing a player. It should be absolutely anathema. I thought it was. I'm sure Ulster Rugby don't want the name of their rugby club involved with racist abuse, and would make very strenuous efforts to isolate, identify and deal with those responsible.

Racial abuse [or any concerted personal abuse] shouldn't be tolerated at any stadium. A lot of people are going to call a player getting red-carded "a dirty get" [or similar], that's just the nature of crowds, but personal, sustained abuse of a player adds absolutely nothing to the game or spectacle. It's a completely negative behaviour at every level. It's a serious deal, ergo it should be treated seriously.
Agreed, but thought you were saying that he shouldn't mention it on Instagram.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:I know that if I witnessed or was the victim of a serious crime then the first person I'd contact is Mark Zuckerberg.
Don't get this at all. What's the first step that people who are racially abused are supposed to make? Is there a standard process of how to react? He has a platform and presumably was pretty angry, focusing on that as opposed to the potential issue is really wrong IMO.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I know that if I witnessed or was the victim of a serious crime then the first person I'd contact is Mark Zuckerberg.
Don't get this at all. What's the first step that people who are racially abused are supposed to make? Is there a standard process of how to react? He has a platform and presumably was pretty angry, focusing on that as opposed to the potential issue is really wrong IMO.
Was he racially abused?

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Yes there is. He and his club should make a complaint to the EPRC Match Director either directly or through the referee, and the PSNI.

Of course that requires pesky things like evidence or proof.

Social Media requires neither however.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Can you point out where that's laid out?

I think he should clarify what he meant btw, my one issue is that it's ambiguous.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote:
FLIP wrote:
hugonaut wrote:If he was racially abused he should take the charge to a more serious authority than Instagram.
My thoughts exactly. My own view is that he can't take what he gives out.
Why, does he give out racial abuse? That's a bit of a ridiculous post.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt it may be badly worded.

If there was any hint of racism, Zebo should of course go through the proper channels.

But what he 'gives out' has nothing to do with it.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your lack of comprehension.

Given that he isn't specifying what it is, he hasn't reported it in any productive way, and his history of being someone that can give "the bantz" but can't take it, it's seeming likely this is just sour grapes.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Can you point out where that's laid out?

I think he should clarify what he meant btw, my one issue is that it's ambiguous.
That's the problem with ambiguity, it's ambiguous.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

OTT wrote:From what I heard and have read the Ulster fans were giving Zebo his spot as the pantomine villain and were shouting Ze-booo, Ze-boo, Ze-booo. So in that regard he had earned that reception from his own little cameo when he wagged his finger at Lowry back in October in Paris. If he did what he did because he is just a misunderstood free spirit then it’s fair enough that he takes back the ‘bantz’.

Were we not accused of racially abusing Isa before with our ISA ISA ISA chant by someone with challenged hearing? I feel like I was outraged by the accusation at the time but sometimes I just outrage myself :lol: we were definitely accused of booing LUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE!

If someone actually racially abused Zebo then hopefully they are pinpointed and banned for life. No place for it.

Well done to Ulster on the match, they stuck at it, they really play for the jersey as cringey as that sounds.
Hands up on the Luuuukkkkkkkeee one but I think I retracted and if I didn't I meant to.
Road to hell and all that...
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jackie Brown wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Was he racially abused?

That's always a difficult one to answer.
If he thinks he was then that's one side of it.
But perhaps the alleged racist didn't mean to be intentionally racist.
We don't want trials by social media.
Recently the citizens of this fair state voted in a referendum to legalise abortion by a whopping majority.
Yet some people decided to harass "someone" who wanted to avail of the new service using social media.
Notwithstanding any reservations one might have about the result of the referendum and the the resultant legislation, the use of social media in this way is unacceptable.
AND it's not something that we should pick and choose on.
It's a step in the direction of chaos.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Might have been only one person giving Zebo racial abuse so not many others would have heard it. Other reports of just banter etc (which he deserves after his antics towards Lowry), don't mean that there wasn't racist abuse somewhere else.
Unfortunately things like this do still happen. If it did, hopefully they find the d*ckhead.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

He was getting the "while Zebo eats pies Stockdale scores trys" treatment
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

The Ulster 2017-18 thread focused on issues other than rugby on the pitch...at least one commentator viewed them as a "basket case" toward the end of the season ...Ulster staff and squad have done really well in their resilience and determination to get the team back to the level it is at in this HEC, long may that continue to be reflected in this thread....