Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by Peg Leg »

BlueBlue wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Chernobyl proportions?
He's a club coach. Not sure if you're following the local and very current, very heartbreaking work being done to help the people in Chernobyl? That's very tasteless.

I'm not here looking to be offended or nor am I a beacon of good taste and correctness, but you should rephrase that because that is offensive.
No.
It wasn't a request so if that's a response to paragraph 1, you should look it up. The Adi Roche project has been caring for Chernobyl children and bringing as many as they can to Ireland for respite for years. I've met quite a few of these kids and hope to eventually have the time and means to participate in the programne, as a carer, myself.

If it's a response to paragraph 2, good for you. Steadfastness is an admirable trait, being an asshole though, meh, not so much.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

He's a club coach. Not sure if you're following the local and very current, very heartbreaking work being done to help the people in Chernobyl? That's very tasteless.

I'm not here looking to be offended or nor am I a beacon of good taste and correctness, but you should rephrase that because that is offensive.
It's because it's topical that he used the phrase.
A good metaphor and anyone taking offense is doing so because they want to.
Given that Blueblue and I are probably at the opposite ends of the great PC divide, is about the best indicator for your comment.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Peg Leg wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:

No.
It wasn't a request so if that's a response to paragraph 1, you should look it up. The Adi Roche project has been caring for Chernobyl children and bringing as many as they can to Ireland for respite for years. I've met quite a few of these kids and hope to eventually have the time and means to participate in the programne, as a carer, myself.

If it's a response to paragraph 2, good for you. Steadfastness is an admirable trait, being an asshole though, meh, not so much.
Its clear that you are offended. That does not mean what I said is or was intended to offend, it also does not mean its generally offensive , you could lend me the benefit of the doubt. Or you might consider that you are being overly serious, overly sensitive and perhaps a little self righteous. Comparing a major disaster to Ulster Rugby's current predicament, obviously a little tongue in cheek was to emphasise that Ulster are a major disaster, nothing more. So why don't you get down off your high horse, be a little more restrained in calling people names and please above all remember that this is a rugby fans site that deals with the serious problems of the world very little if at all.

If the moderator deems my Paul Wallace moment to have gone down like Paul Wallace moments, I will indeed edit withdraw, make apologies or delete. In the mean time I have absolutely no time for people who go way, way, outta their my to be mortally offended.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All of which is fine. And because of this being a rugby forum where the weight of the world need not apply I suggested an edit.
If anyone suggested my content was offensive or potentially so to groups of people, I'd change it. Mostly because I would not like to upset anyone over a chat.

Im off my high horse now and accept my immediate reaction may have been at a moment of weakness or heightened emotion. Nonetheless I feel the comment is in bad taste.

Edit: aprpos your conclusion don't be an asshole bb. No one mortally outraged, looking for an apology or requesting an edit.
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote:

It's because it's topical that he used the phrase.
A good metaphor and anyone taking offense is doing so because they want to.
Given that Blueblue and I are probably at the opposite ends of the great PC divide, is about the best indicator for your comment.
I'll reclass it as bad taste as families prepare to take in affected children so. Sound. Not dying on this hill
Daniel Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Another Ulster thread descends into shambles.

Team will probably be fine. Easterby is an experienced and competent coach who did a good job with Scarlets and will stay out of the way.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Anyone for starting an Ulster 2019/2020 thread?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:Anyone for starting an Ulster 2019/2020 thread?
Heh [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
My bad! Apols.
Daniel Sullivan
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

No worries peg it was mostly about the coaching situation
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

I think we are back on track.

Peg, sorry for bad taste. Definitely not intended. At least Sky Sports aren't involved and don't feel the need to distance themselves from my comment. I'll get in touch with Paul Wallace to see if he has any advice.

Back to Ulster, 1 week into pre-season and Chris Henry has declared everything at Ulster is going to be Hunky Dory. So, Ulster fans, Irish fans put your worry stone away.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

BlueBlue wrote: Back to Ulster, 1 week into pre-season and Chris Henry has declared everything at Ulster is going to be Hunky Dory. So, Ulster fans, Irish fans put your worry stone away.
Well there is a section of fans up there who are big believers and have a lot of faith in Chris(t) I guess
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

BlueBlue wrote:I think we are back on track.

Peg, sorry for bad taste. Definitely not intended. At least Sky Sports aren't involved and don't feel the need to distance themselves from my comment. I'll get in touch with Paul Wallace to see if he has any advice.

Back to Ulster, 1 week into pre-season and Chris Henry has declared everything at Ulster is going to be Hunky Dory. So, Ulster fans, Irish fans put your worry stone away.
Thought he'd be more of a Tayto man.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

They're all made in the one kitchen
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

you can't unopen that bag of crisps
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Who let steady Eddie in?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Lots of coverage in French media this weekend on Paddy Jackson including a four page article in L'Equipe Sports mag which comes with the Saturday edition. Nothing new except perhaps the suggestion that he might have been allowed continue playing if events had occurred in France. That's a bit rich considering what happened when something comparable happened two seasons ago and the Club in question immediately suspended 5 players.

The article also clearly inferred that Nucifora's recent comments suggested that a road back to Irish rugby was not closed.

Midi Olympique carries an interview with the Perpignan Head Coach and questioned him as to how he was getting on with PJ. He complemented his red hair and his professionalism and said they would get on fine so long as PJ kept concentrating on the training.

Nothing new, but lots of people keeping an eye out.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Should we leave the paddy Jackson stuff for another page? He's not an ulster rugby player this season.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

TerenureJim wrote:Should we leave the paddy Jackson stuff for another page? He's not an ulster rugby player this season.
+1
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

So, in light of what appears to be the start of a hard brexit, should the IRFU sell the Kingspan Stadium for whatever it can get and move Ulster Rugby to Ireland.

And I'm actually not joking.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Sell Kingspan Stadium and move to Kingspan Breffni Park. Sorted.