Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by OTT »

Payne was a favourite non Leinster player of mine. He managed to plug the BOD sized hole in the Irish team with little fuss. It is disappointing the way he has had to retire, I always thought he could have gone on for years because his game was never dependent on pace more so intelligence and skill. Hope his issues won't effect him long term.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:Jarod Payne has retired from playing and will take up a position as Ulster defense coach and will be going on this summer's tour with Ireland to work with the Irish coaching team.
Big loss for Ulster and Ireland. Payne has the potential to be a great coach but I think the IRFU should have guys like him on a development programme similar to the one ROG has chosen for himself. Both learning and impact are going be incremental in the same environment he's been in for years.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Terrible news for Payne. A great player who will be missed.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

His concussion problems were such that I’m glad he’s not going to risk himself again. Classy intelligent player, delighted he’s coaching.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ronk wrote:His concussion problems were such that I’m glad he’s not going to risk himself again. Classy intelligent player, delighted he’s coaching.
+1
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

This is the season they could do with signing Charles Piutau.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote:This is the season they could do with signing Charles Piutau.
Think their need for a few good is even stronger now than their need for 1 great.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

ronk wrote:
Think their need for a few good is even stronger now than their need for 1 great.
True. On the other side of the argument, from the evidence of the Ospreys playoff they have the beginning of a problem with getting people through the turnstiles. There are few things more effective in doing that than drafting in a big name.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

hugonaut wrote:
ronk wrote:
True. On the other side of the argument, from the evidence of the Ospreys playoff they have the beginning of a problem with getting people through the turnstiles. There are few things more effective in doing that than drafting in a big name.
Not being treated like sh!t by the IRFU and the removal of our CEO would be a start. They showed with the disgusting treatment of PJ and Olding all they care about is money. The paid attendance was equally as poor at the Glasgow game. But the UB were able to hand out freebies by the fist full to hide the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Jackie Brown wrote:]Not being treated like sh!t by the IRFU and the removal of our CEO would be a start. They showed with the disgusting treatment of PJ and Olding all they care about is money. The paid attendance was equally as poor at the Glasgow game. But the UB were able to hand out freebies by the fist full to hide the issue.

Listen, eventually the IRFU are gonna get yeah and I mean really get you. No point in fighting it!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Logan is stepping down - gone in August
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jackie Brown wrote:Not being treated like sh!t by the IRFU and the removal of our CEO would be a start. They showed with the disgusting treatment of PJ and Olding all they care about is money. The paid attendance was equally as poor at the Glasgow game. But the UB were able to hand out freebies by the fist full to hide the issue.

Looks like the start has begun - Mr Logan leaving in August.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Oldschool wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Not being treated like sh!t by the IRFU and the removal of our CEO would be a start. They showed with the disgusting treatment of PJ and Olding all they care about is money. The paid attendance was equally as poor at the Glasgow game. But the UB were able to hand out freebies by the fist full to hide the issue.

It is great news and I would expect a bump in ST sales from it. Now to get our coach in before Christmas.

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

It is great news and I would expect a bump in ST sales from it. Now to get our coach in before Christmas.

Payne is in place, Pienaar might join. It’s not all bad on that front.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

ronk wrote:
Payne is in place, Pienaar might join. It’s not all bad on that front.
We need McFarland in ASAP. Pienaar has been turned down by the FIRFU

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Why block him as a coach?
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

ronk wrote:Why block him as a coach?
Think it was as a player coach. Cooney would still be first choice but after him the cupboard is bare. A player who can play 9 & 10 or 10 & 12 would be perfect to help our young guys. IRFU don't seem to agree.

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yep, yid think with his pedigree it would be a no brainer. But maybe they have their reasons, maybe the new coach has his own plans, he could have said no. Maybe Logan said no and thats why he's gone. Who know's?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:Why block him as a coach?
Better question. Who exactly is making these signings in the absense of the head coach and with the CEO on his way out the door.

Have you ever noticed how Ulster leaks like a sieve? More than any of the other provinces. And that more often than not, the leaks have an agenda/victim? The organisation is fairly rotten. I wouldn't believe any of this shit anymore.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Loose lips sink ships etc.
HSS Ulster is taking on water, the crew are busy walking the captain out the plank, the wheel and rudder fell off in French waters, the replacement helmsman is on a slow boat from Scotland and the only hope for survival rests in the hands of the boatswain who suffers sunlight induced migraines.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan