Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by Jackie Brown »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:So it did happen.. hope some posters here can acknowledge that fact
FFS, who denied it happened? The general consensus was Zebo shouldn't have been turning on social media rather than going through proper channels. Is that hard to grasp?

Glad the pr!*k has been caught.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

the spoofer wrote:
RobbieRockBoy wrote:So it did happen.. hope some posters here can acknowledge that fact
No one questioned it. I questioned the manner in which it was dealt with. Fair dues Ulster, that's a proper punishment.
I think Ulster handled the situation perfectly. Investigate, find the culprit and ban him. Well done the fans who assisted the investigation.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Racist Banned for Life for Verbal Abuse of a Player... well done Ulster....

now back to the Rugby ....

BENETTON RUGBY
OSPREYS
ZEBRE RUGBY CLUB
DRAGONS
SOUTHERN KINGS

then an Inter Provincial Fixture on 29/30th March.....
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Jackie Brown wrote:
FFS, who denied it happened? The general consensus was Zebo shouldn't have been turning on social media rather than going through proper channels. Is that hard to grasp?

I don't think that was the general consensus of anything. Maybe a few people thought that, I didn't.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

I don't think that was the general consensus of anything. Maybe a few people thought that, I didn't.
I'm sure Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg would agree with you anyway.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

tomthefan wrote: I'm sure Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg would agree with you anyway.
Ffs, can someone explain to me why he can't react the way he wants to react?

He explained it fully (standing up to the asshole publicly to set an example for his kids) despite not needing to explain anything to anyone.

The initial line was that there was some reason to believe he didn't also complain via the correct channels, apropos of nothing, as if doing both is mutually exclusive.

He reacted publicly and emotionally, as if that's not allowed. I'm actually disgusted at some of the victim blaming on this thread. Mostly by your post above, Tom. It's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on a rugby forum, and that's really saying something.

"I'd have found it more cutting if I'd been called a fat bsatard, something I've always been a little sensitive about. Nowadays because racial insults have been deemed to be about the worst thing going, anyone who's insulted in such a way is bound to feel
that they have been attacked in a particularly vicious manner and are more bruised as a result."

There's no place for this kind of thing in rugby, or anywhere else for that matter. One idiot is no reflection of Ulster fans, who are generally fantastic. The horshit online from some places is a different matter entirely.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

CiaranIrl wrote:
tomthefan wrote: I'm sure Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg would agree with you anyway.
Ffs, can someone explain to me why he can't react the way he wants to react?

He explained it fully (standing up to the asshole publicly to set an example for his kids) despite not needing to explain anything to anyone.

The initial line was that there was some reason to believe he didn't also complain via the correct channels, apropos of nothing, as if doing both is mutually exclusive.

He reacted publicly and emotionally, as if that's not allowed. I'm actually disgusted at some of the victim blaming on this thread. Mostly by your post above, Tom. It's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on a rugby forum, and that's really saying something.

"I'd have found it more cutting if I'd been called a fat bsatard, something I've always been a little sensitive about. Nowadays because racial insults have been deemed to be about the worst thing going, anyone who's insulted in such a way is bound to feel
that they have been attacked in a particularly vicious manner and are more bruised as a result."

There's no place for this kind of thing in rugby, or anywhere else for that matter. One idiot is no reflection of Ulster fans, who are generally fantastic. The horshit online from some places is a different matter entirely.
Apparently it's ignorant and disgusting to have an incorrect opinion on the type of insult you'd find the more offensive/hurtful.
No reason was specified.

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
rooster wrote:Mid season moves were financial as well in letting players who were getting culled at the end of the season go elsewhere.
I dont see how that could be the case. Anyone who was released early would have had to be paid out in full. If they weren't then their Agents weren't doing their jobs.
Not necessarily, sometimes the new clubs take over the wages perhaps even on enhanced terms. Also if released to go they will not be getting match bonus payments etc.

If you just sack a player yes wages are to end of contract, that is a different scenario.

Jackson and Olding could have stayed on their contracts but wouldn't have been picked and would just have got the basic wage.
Rugby contracts have a lot of additional clauses for wages, picked for European side, image rights etc. It is better to leave on amicable terms mid contract than get yourself a name for going heavy on the legality as others interested will take that into account.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

domhnallj wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
No one questioned it. I questioned the manner in which it was dealt with. Fair dues Ulster, that's a proper punishment.
I think Ulster handled the situation perfectly. Investigate, find the culprit and ban him. Well done the fans who assisted the investigation.
Man found, man banned, move on.
The argument was never about did it happen just what was allegedly said.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

rooster wrote: Man found, man banned, move on.
You said it wasn't racist in nature though. It seems that it was?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:
rooster wrote: Man found, man banned, move on.
You said it wasn't racist in nature though. It seems that it was?
I said what I heard was said was not racist in my view, well on the verge of racist but not in any way worth a lifetime ban.
End of story from my side.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Something to do with calling him "Django", wasn't it?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Apparently in an interview Zebo said something along the lines of "he was an elderly man, like 40-plus". :lol:
The former Ulster Unionist Party leader Mike Nesbitt has call the comment "Ageism" although I'm not sure if he was joking or not.
Simon will never live that down.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

leinsterforever wrote:Something to do with calling him "Django", wasn't it?
No.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

blockhead wrote:Apparently in an interview Zebo said something along the lines of "he was an elderly man, like 40-plus". :lol:
The former Ulster Unionist Party leader Mike Nesbitt has call the comment "Ageism" although I'm not sure if he was joking or not.
Simon will never live that down.
Not sure either if Mike was joking, incidentally he normally stands on the terrace near where the culprit was but I didn't notice him on Saturday, will check on Friday just in case it is Mike who got banned
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Rooster seems to be implying that the abuse wasn't racist in nature.
If what the man said was racist and there are witnesses then you'd imagine that the police will become involved, the accused will be named and what he allegedly said be made public?
No reason was specified.

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

tomthefan wrote:Rooster seems to be implying that the abuse wasn't racist in nature.
If what the man said was racist and there are witnesses then you'd imagine that the police will become involved, the accused will be named and what he allegedly said be made public?
Police can't do anything unless Zebo makes a formal complaint.
I am only going by one reliable witness and what he heard, perhaps others heard different though which could change my opinion.

Anyway big match for us this Friday against Treviso who are pushing for a spot in the Euro Cup next year as are Ulster, really need to win this one.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

rooster wrote:Police can't do anything unless Zebo makes a formal complaint.
That sounds so American, like press charges, I'm surprised it's the case here, I didn't think it was. A crime is a crime whether the victim or someone else reports it.
No reason was specified.

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

tomthefan wrote:
rooster wrote:Police can't do anything unless Zebo makes a formal complaint.
That sounds so American, like press charges, I'm surprised it's the case here, I didn't think it was. A crime is a crime whether the victim or someone else reports it.
You're nuts. He's been punished, there's really no point in pursing this if the victim doesn't want to. And for all you they went down the restorative justice route(he apologized to Zebo).
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Rugny matters. Roddy Grant rumoured to be on his way to Ulster as forwards coach. End of the line for Dundon?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles