Zebo Signing Off

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

bluemagic
Enlightened

Zebo Signing Off

Post by bluemagic »

Unfortunate news today in the 42.ie article about Zebo leaving Munster:

http://www.the42.ie/simon-zebo-intervie ... /#comments
“I see myself coming back. I wouldn’t come back to play for Leinster, anyway."
What a disaster, where are we ever going to find an overweight fullback who throws glorious skip passes straight into touch, has the swagger of Carlos Spencer but with the running skills of an average pro 14 player....
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Zebo Signing Off

Post by blockhead »

bluemagic wrote:Unfortunate news today in the 42.ie article about Zebo leaving Munster:

What a disaster, where are we ever going to find an overweight fullback who throws glorious skip passes straight into touch, has the swagger of Carlos Spencer but with the running skills of an average pro 14 player....
The RDS is no place for a show pony :wink:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

blockhead wrote:
bluemagic wrote:Unfortunate news today in the 42.ie article about Zebo leaving Munster:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

kermischocolate wrote:
blockhead wrote:

Only in August
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Obligatory dig at someone else to try and make him look less of a mercenary. Classy.

He also had a dig at Schmidt around 6N time.

He’s a talented player but he’d have achieved a lot more if he was a team player.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote:Obligatory dig at someone else to try and make him look less of a mercenary. Classy.

He also had a dig at Schmidt around 6N time.

He’s a talented player but he’d have achieved a lot more if he was a team player.
+1 Zebo played his best rugby under the guidance of Joe Schmidt, something he prefers to ignore, it seems.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

He doesn't deserve his own thread, chuck it in the SAMunster thread.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

deco wrote:He doesn't deserve his own thread, chuck it in the SAMunster thread.
This multiplied by 100.
Shut it down please mods.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Arrogant Pratt ...as if we would want him .... :) :lol:
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ah lads, bit of an overreaction here. He was fairly magnanimous ('no bitterness or ill-feeling') just that he was surprised it was done so abruptly, which is the Schmidt way. Saying he'd like to come back 'but not for Leinster' is a little bit silly but if Madigan had said it about Munster we probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

He's a good player and will add more to Racing's depth, but he'll struggle to even make the bench for their big games. The other guys are just better than him at the moment.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Marc Andreu is offski
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by neiliog93 » May 22nd, 2018, 11:34 pm

Ah lads, bit of an overreaction here. He was fairly magnanimous ('no bitterness or ill-feeling') just that he was surprised it was done so abruptly, which is the Schmidt way. Saying he'd like to come back 'but not for Leinster' is a little bit silly but if Madigan had said it about Munster we probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

He's a good player and will add more to Racing's depth, but he'll struggle to even make the bench for their big games. The other guys are just better than him at the moment.
Agreed. Didn't see anything to get worked up over.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by neiliog93 » May 22nd, 2018, 11:34 pm

Agreed. Didn't see anything to get worked up over.
I would just take it that he might be aware enough that he'd struggle to make a Leinster team on this season's form. He's a good player, bags of natural talent, could have been a great player is the thing though.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Too selfish as a player - examples prank played in CM to put ball out during Lions midweek game before 80 minutes was up, the disgraceful performance v USA (if I remember correctly) when he knew he was getting the call up for that AUS Lions tour.

To lazy / indisciplined I’m his training as evidenced by his ever expanding backside.

Shame really as he probably does have the natural gifts to be a really top class international back 3 player. Best of luck to him in France.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013